[Theme]Touch of ICS for Stock 2.3.4

Search This thread

buru898

This is ONLY for the official stock 2.3.4 LG ROM that introduced the new March 2012 baseband!!

I repeat, DO NOT FLASH ON ANYTHING ELSE.

Ok so since my real first porting of a theme (which was a little of a disaster in my opinion...) I've gotten a lot better/smarter.

This port is probably going to be the final. There's honestly nothing wrong with it so far that I can tell.
I might change the drop down menu background to something else maybe. For some reason, even if you use a transparent image... it still isn't transparent for me.

I just kind of grabbed some random image for the background and used it... it was supposed to repeat itself and just kind of scaled... and doesn't look too bad in my opinion.

How to install:
Download the attachment to SD card
Boot into CWM
(Optional) Create a backup in case of boot loop
Flash the zip
Reboot device

There is no need to wipe cache or dalvik or any of that nonsense. I NEVER do, but you can if you're paranoid enough.

Known Issues:
None.

Notes:
I disabled the overscroll glow. I just personally do not like it and it tends to make the device lag when it appears.

I didn't do any .xml changes so no colors should be ugly on certain other windows/frames.

The font in my screenshots will NOT be applied to your phone; that is the font I use and it is not included in the theme.

SOLUTION IF YOUR PHONE BOOT LOOPS
If your phone bootloops it means you dirty flashed 2.3.4 onto your device which means you were on 2.3.3, then you upgraded to 2.3.4 via LG Update tool, and then tried to flash this theme.

So what you have to do (and SHOULD do anyway) is download the rooted 2.3.4 stock ROM (thanks to kwes) and do a fresh install of it (wipe data/factory reset and format /system) then this theme will work 100%.

MD5 Sums of files:
Regular Touch of ICS = b355978ec1b9d026d0d78e5b1e1509d6
Circular Battery Mod = 26a780245165b7eab30bb47cf356c0a9
CM7 Battery Mod = ad727e7b4180b4a9aaec27d2a5cbd615

------------------------------

Big thanks to kwes and Core Memory... you all should already know why by now.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• p999.stock2.3.4.Touch.of.ICS.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 556
  • p999.stock2.3.4.Touch.of.ICS-CircularBat.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 358
  • p999.stock2.3.4.Touch.of.ICS-CM7Bat.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 237
Last edited:

wgrant

Sep 23, 2011
Looks awesome, I'll be applying this to my wife's phone later today. You state 2.3.4 but will this cause problems with 2.3.7 base roms?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

cricketAC

Aug 5, 2011
Pretty good i must say. Is it possible to include ICS like notification toggles in the theme as well?
Thanks

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
Looks awesome, I'll be applying this to my wife's phone later today. You state 2.3.4 but will this cause problems with 2.3.7 base roms?

I have serious like 99% feeling this will only work for 2.3.4 cm7 based just install a ics theme from the play store and Theme Chooser.

buru898

Pretty good i must say. Is it possible to include ICS like notification toggles in the theme as well?
Thanks

I don't consider myself a themer, and especially not a developer. You have to ask a real developer to edit stuff to get those things.

does this theme include matching lockscreen sliders?

Yes it does include matching sliders.

Just flashed.... Bootloop. Hope you backed up your stuff.

Which ROM are you running? This is ONLY for the stock official LG 2.3.4 firmware.

It will not work on any ROM other than the official.

I have also updated the OP to verify and hopefully make it more clear.

Last edited:

mrxovis

Jan 6, 2012
Hey man i've loved it, can you add the CRT on and off animation, please? I want it cus the stock one when you press the button to turn screen on shows the previous screen that I was before and then go to lock screen(very fast), know what i'm saying? That's annoying, thanks for the theme!!

buru898

Hey man i've loved it, can you add the CRT on and off animation, please? I want it cus the stock one when you press the button to turn screen on shows the previous screen that I was before and then go to lock screen(very fast), know what i'm saying? That's annoying, thanks for the theme!!

Thank you and yeah I know what you mean.

I've stated before that I'm not a developer, nor am I a themer; I just simply port over stuff.

I would love to have the screen off animation, and quick toggles as seen in weapon and bionix, but I don't even know the beginning stuff. I'd have to do a lot, lot of reading and experimenting... which I may do one day but work keeps me pretty busy.

By the time I learn anything worthwhile I'm sure a developer would have already made a custom ROM out of this and did all that stuff :).

Believe me, I want all that neat stuff too.

Reactions: wyldkard

mrxovis

Jan 6, 2012
Yeeeeah, I've stopped using ics roms because of little things like that, I love when the rom works smooth and fast, it would be awesome if any developer did the crt on and off animation work here, I'm missing the toggles too :)

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is ONLY for the official stock 2.3.4 LG ROM that introduced the new March 2012 baseband!!

I repeat, DO NOT FLASH ON ANYTHING ELSE.

Ok so since my real first porting of a theme (which was a little of a disaster in my opinion...) I've gotten a lot better/smarter.

This port is probably going to be the final. There's honestly nothing wrong with it so far that I can tell.
    I might change the drop down menu background to something else maybe. For some reason, even if you use a transparent image... it still isn't transparent for me.

I just kind of grabbed some random image for the background and used it... it was supposed to repeat itself and just kind of scaled... and doesn't look too bad in my opinion.

How to install:
    Download the attachment to SD card
    Boot into CWM
    (Optional) Create a backup in case of boot loop
    Flash the zip
    Reboot device

There is no need to wipe cache or dalvik or any of that nonsense. I NEVER do, but you can if you're paranoid enough.

Known Issues:
    None.

Notes:
    I disabled the overscroll glow. I just personally do not like it and it tends to make the device lag when it appears.

I didn't do any .xml changes so no colors should be ugly on certain other windows/frames.

The font in my screenshots will NOT be applied to your phone; that is the font I use and it is not included in the theme.

SOLUTION IF YOUR PHONE BOOT LOOPS
    If your phone bootloops it means you dirty flashed 2.3.4 onto your device which means you were on 2.3.3, then you upgraded to 2.3.4 via LG Update tool, and then tried to flash this theme.

So what you have to do (and SHOULD do anyway) is download the rooted 2.3.4 stock ROM (thanks to kwes) and do a fresh install of it (wipe data/factory reset and format /system) then this theme will work 100%.

MD5 Sums of files:
    Regular Touch of ICS = b355978ec1b9d026d0d78e5b1e1509d6
    Circular Battery Mod = 26a780245165b7eab30bb47cf356c0a9
    CM7 Battery Mod = ad727e7b4180b4a9aaec27d2a5cbd615

------------------------------

Big thanks to kwes and Core Memory... you all should already know why by now.

Enjoy!
    hey buru, you think you can make a flashable zip of a circular battery icon with % and ICS blue colors instead of the current one?

Definitely. Give me a few hours to get home from work.
    OP has been updated with 2 different batteries: the circular battery by request, and the CM7 battery with the number and little bar on the right side of it.

Thank you and yeah I know what you mean.

I've stated before that I'm not a developer, nor am I a themer; I just simply port over stuff.

I would love to have the screen off animation, and quick toggles as seen in weapon and bionix, but I don't even know the beginning stuff. I'd have to do a lot, lot of reading and experimenting... which I may do one day but work keeps me pretty busy.

By the time I learn anything worthwhile I'm sure a developer would have already made a custom ROM out of this and did all that stuff :).

Believe me, I want all that neat stuff too.
    I'm running rooted stock and get bootlooped as well. Any way you could throw up an md5 on the op?

Added to OP.