[GUIDE] free sim unlock for i717!!

Search This thread

crixley

May 25, 2012
radio link is back up for those interested

also edited first post to be extra noob friendly. if this doesn't help than nothing will

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
edited first post to be extra noob friendly. if this doesn't help than nothing will

I think it was Abe Lincoln who said you can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can't please em all ,all of the time. Or words to that effect. lol.
And of course there is the, you can lead a horse to water but getting it to drink is sometimes impossible.
Your efforts are appreciated Crixley!

Reactions: crixley

rafaperez3d

Jul 9, 2010
Worked perfectly on a Canadian Bell Galaxy Note, and at the same time enabled my Mobilicity SIM thanks to Vibrant modem.
Thanks!

AdShea

Apr 27, 2012
Did this a week ago, had to flash a stock ICS first, but the unlock worked and I'm now on the nice $30 T-mo plan.

hillg001

Aug 14, 2010
So you successfully flashed the t-mobile modem, unlocked using this method and then reflashed the AT&T or Rogers modem without issue?
I"ve flashed back to 100% stock ATT to reset the counter for repair work. Then flashed to more current ROM when I got it back - and no, it didn't wipe the unlock for running on t-mo.

pipegame

Feb 15, 2011
Moto Z2 Play
OnePlus 9 Pro
I used the GT-N7005 ROM and i couldnt get it to work with a tmobile sim although i was able to get the menu to start which wasnt happening on jellybam 6.4 or kingkangers older i think ICS. Switched to the at&t sim and the menu items switched to match the ones on this post(the numbers didnt match up but the menu items were there just under different numbers) then the unlock worked. Sorry if that is hard to make sense of.

paulmagglios

Feb 10, 2013
Good stuff!

I've had a few issues timing the intervals, so to those that aren't exactly timing this thing exactly, the whole point of this thing is simply to get to:
Press [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ

Once you see that option and press it, just wait a bit and reboot the phone and you are unlocked.

sinasiadat

Nov 29, 2010
Worked beautifully with linked rom + radio found on that thread. Flashed to other roms and radios after that no problem. Thanks!

adrenaline_rush

Mar 31, 2011
Spokane Wa

uwannabananababy

May 1, 2011
Up West, P.E.I.
Excellent. Lots of second hand i717's around lately. Great way to save a few bucks without needing to buy a code from an unlocker service ($20'ish), I know Rogers currently charges $50 to unlock their devices. $35 at Telus, and Bell? Also all with possible dependence of the terms/requirements.
Seems as if this is somewhat similar to unlocking the i317 Note 2 though requiring a few extra steps to accomplish. I certainly plan to use this for a friend who just traded for a i717 Note. Thanks for posting crixley, nice seeing it added to the super everything thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: crixley

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
Worked great on 4.04 I-717 Note.

I couldn't access the site linked in the OP so I had to find the radio manually

Here are the radios in case someone needs them

Tmobile UVLE1 T989 radio:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZV0ngSIQ!LNfCh3ldpPn5sh94AQ7JPy4A6CVWbkSMpljBTDjb5i8

Stock 4.04 ATT radio:
https://mega.co.nz/#!4IsiGTwC!babPACQF9EpDmcsQxNs3Pgh0sIhYJqB1Vf995p6dW5o

Blaze ICS hybrid radio:
https://mega.co.nz/#!5B10gLzb!I_1vNwed3dhSA-M3RHn1lVAmoyZ53Y7AbFcJqXRj2KY

Can the T-Mobile t989 radio be flashed on i717?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012
OK got it complete went into nv network nv for a minute now how do I tell if its unlocked? Do you need a different sim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
Enter this code like you were making a call: *#7465625# If unlocked your screen should look something like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-07-10-27-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-07-10-27-55.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 459

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    firstly you need to flash the tmobile based ics modem ( flash in cwm or twrp) found here:

http://multiupload.biz/fdpnprq0ov6o/Official TMo ICS RADIO_NOTE_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

then after flashing boot into your rom and follow these instructions exactly (note: after pressing perso shaf256 off I had to press back twice instead of once, but then I was back on the network page and could choose [4] NW LOCK NV DATA INITIALLIZ):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2024514

This really works I jut unlocked a bell i717 and am using it on rogers!! Screw paying the $35 dollars :)
    anyone have a link for the at&t stock radio that i can flash with recovery, i did a search and found some radios but dont want to flash the wrong thing and brick my phone
    thanks

http://rootdev.org/i717/TU2/OTA/Apps/i717-ICS-UCLF6-Modem.zip

there you go!
    glad to hear that some people appreciate it.. I'm pretty surprised by the negative response this thread has gotten actually
    What are we supposed to be mind readers or experts I think your full of it! Make a detailed tutorial with step by step instructions maybe we could actually follow them instead of "pressing..." what is that?

Considering you don't know the difference between your and you're, I wouldn't expect you to be able to follow simple instructions...
    Sorry, Crixley. I think your post is appreciated, and though I wasn't terribly excited at first, I did thank you. I forgot to push the Thanks button but that's taken care of now. I wasn't sold at first that this unlock would work but it appears to be valid for several users. And, being an ATT user for many years, I can get my unlock with a simple phone call. However, I see your post as very valuable for many others. So, THANKS! :D

thank you for the post.. most Canadian carriers charge like $50 and to unlock a bell note is minimum 35 online. just wanted to save some members either a hassle or a few dollars(or both lol) :)

this method takes like two minutes literally and you're right back to where you were ( even if you're on a jb rom just make a nandroid to go back to) it might even work on jb roms, aren't people using ics modems on jb anyway?