[Q] System size 10GB!!!

Search This thread

presnov

Jun 30, 2011
Hello everyone,

i'm a happy (?) owner of an Ativ S, the phone is GDR3 and fully unlocked.

I'm pretty satisfied other then for continous storage problems. My system has grown to almost 10GB now!!! Temp folder is pretty normal and under control

around 500mb... I don't want to believe that the only way to solve is to hard reset. Any good backup options to suggest if i got no choice pls?

My thought is that somehow youtube stored video cache somewhere in system folders because it grew everytime i watched a video.

Thanks

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
That's possible, yeah. Have you tried my Storage Cleanup app yet? The current version doesn't support cleaning up app storage, although I plan to add that "soon".

presnov

Jun 30, 2011
That's possible, yeah. Have you tried my Storage Cleanup app yet? The current version doesn't support cleaning up app storage, although I plan to add that "soon".

Yes, i tried but it only found 300mb of deletable stuff.
So if i format the phone and then Watch a couple of YT vids it Will fill up again?
Guess i Will need a good backup Solution.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Well, you could always just try deleting the YT app. That will free all the storage it is using. You can re-install it afterward (you'll probably need to re-enter your account details or whatever, but that's it).

presnov

Jun 30, 2011
I already did that and nothing changed, stord Memory management is awful on wp8.
I'm so upset, instead of enjoy the phone i have to lose time finding the way to male it work.
The formating is not in issue per se, the problem is Will it fullfil again and again and again?

presnov

Jun 30, 2011
I just soft formatted the phone, think i lost unlock and since is GDR3 i'd have to downgrade it and stuff to get the unlock again?

Found this thread http: //wmpoweruser.com/samsung-ativ-s-owners-beware-of-gdr3/

Last edited:

juanitoriv

Nov 22, 2013
Taos, NM
Try setting the date to anything over 30 years from now (2044+). Let the phone sit for at least 20 minutes, then check your storage and change back to "Set Automatically". I did this and got my temp files down to almost nothing. It may work for system files as well. Its worth a shot and a lot easier than a reset.

Let us know.