[QUESTION] Correct way go backup/restore the Pixel 2?

Search This thread

JGoldz75

Jul 4, 2012
This is the second time that I have tried to restore a backup from TWRP only to find myself stuck in the bootloader with the "AuthFailed" yellow banner on the bottom. What am I doing wrong? When I created the backup, I had selected every checkbox that I could to back up everything and that is what I restored, but that obviously didn't work. Which are the correct checkmarks to check to get the system to backup/restore correctly without tripping this authentification bootloop?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

jascolli

Aug 7, 2013
This is the second time that I have tried to restore a backup from TWRP only to find myself stuck in the bootloader with the "AuthFailed" yellow banner on the bottom. What am I doing wrong? When I created the backup, I had selected every checkbox that I could to back up everything and that is what I restored, but that obviously didn't work. Which are the correct checkmarks to check to get the system to backup/restore correctly without tripping this authentification bootloop?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

When I make my backups I leave the three things that are automatically checked off boot, system and data. I haven't had any problem restoring backups. Hope this helps

SS823

Aug 5, 2012
New York
Another backup-restore question. All my other phones had sd cards so my backups and titanium backups we're all stored there.
If I wipe and flash a new rom won't I wipe the backup when reformatting? Where should I store the backup?

Last edited:

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Another backup-restore question. All my other phones had sd cards so my backups and titanium backups we're all stored there.
If I wipe and flash a new rom won't I wipe the backup when reformatting? Where should I store the backup?
The phone has a partition that acts like an SD card and won't be wiped unless you perform a full data erase.

Reactions: SS823

SS823

Aug 5, 2012
New York
The phone has a partition that acts like an SD card and won't be wiped unless you perform a full data erase.
What if I need to do a full system wipe? I've been backing up and then transferring the folder to Google drive and then uploading the backup when needed. Seems like extra work, I miss the convenience of sd cards, is there a way to partition just backups?

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
What if I need to do a full system wipe? I've been backing up and then transferring the folder to Google drive and then uploading the backup when needed. Seems like extra work, I miss the convenience of sd cards, is there a way to partition just backups?
You can backup to a computer. If that isn't feasible or you just don't want to do that, you can use a USB flash drive. Plug the drive into the USB B-USB C adapter that came with the phone and then plug it into your phone. I use a USB flash drive for Titanium Backup backups. TWRP backups too. Works great.

Reactions: SS823

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can backup to a computer. If that isn't feasible or you just don't want to do that, you can use a USB flash drive. Plug the drive into the USB B-USB C adapter that came with the phone and then plug it into your phone. I use a USB flash drive for Titanium Backup backups. TWRP backups too. Works great.