Battery not lasting and i got it on friday

Search This thread

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Ok so how long do u have to see some good battery im on my 3rd charge and its been lasting me 6 to 7 hours but i have only text and some surf and a bit of gaming i am on the latest stock rom rooted and i have hotspot hack and sprint boot that i installed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

cpcormier3

Mar 8, 2009
That's pretty terrible even if it's not conditioned yet. Especially because it sounds like you have only light use. You may want to take it back and replace the battery. Either that or you're in an area with terrible signal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Nebbeh

Jun 26, 2011
Take it back and get a new one. I just bought one on friday and even with heavy use my battery has lasted 20+ hours.

cpcormier3

Mar 8, 2009
Sounds like a bad battery then. Happened to me on another phone. I just asked for a new battery and they gave it to me no problem.

I don't even have full bars and I get a minimum of 12 hours on pretty semi heavy use. I don't use wifi and I get at least 3-3.5 hours of screen on time.

cpcormier3

Mar 8, 2009
Basically you shouldn't have to worry about battery life if your only using the phone "normally".....

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Sounds like a bad battery then. Happened to me on another phone. I just asked for a new battery and they gave it to me no problem.

I don't even have full bars and I get a minimum of 12 hours on pretty semi heavy use. I don't use wifi and I get at least 3-3.5 hours of screen on time.

thanks im just gonna ask for another batteryi like this phone its just battery issue that all

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Do i have to go to the repair store to ask for it or can i go where i bought the phone in sales store only official sprint store?

squshy 7

Dec 6, 2010
Do i have to go to the repair store to ask for it or can i go where i bought the phone in sales store only official sprint store?

A sales only store is unlikely to have any batteries on hand, we hoard a ton of new and used ones at my store, but we're a repair store...we're always getting folks coming from sales only stores for batteries.

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
A sales only store is unlikely to have any batteries on hand, we hoard a ton of new and used ones at my store, but we're a repair store...we're always getting folks coming from sales only stores for batteries.

I just talk to the sales store and they wanna look into my phone and im rooted i just want them to check the battery by it self grr

cpcormier3

Mar 8, 2009
Yeah even when i'm in a crappy service area I still get at least 12 hours of medium use, with at least 2 hours of screen on time. I'm using the stock ROM as well. I have 2 email accounts on push. And don't use wifi

cpcormier3

Mar 8, 2009
I just talk to the sales store and they wanna look into my phone and im rooted i just want them to check the battery by it self grr

Just tell them you're in a hurry and don't have time. They just gave me a new one and then I was on my way...

Reactions: tech7

tech7

Dec 20, 2006
Omg i got a new battery but had to pay for it but oh well i got with external battery ut omg god i see the difference on the first one the percent will go dows every min now is like there for a while

ajs2677

Apr 3, 2010
Collinsville, OK
Omg i got a new battery but had to pay for it but oh well i got with external battery ut omg god i see the difference on the first one the percent will go dows every min now is like there for a while

Excellent news, glad it worked out. Where did you end up getting your battery? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did it set you back?

paranoid android85

Oct 23, 2010
san antonio, tx
Apps like Facebook would drain my battery really fast. I use friendcaster now. Also make sure your not using the wireless location in the gps setting.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts