Need help compiling AOSPA nougat!!

Search This thread

DaNightmare

May 9, 2013
Chennai
Hello everyone, I'm sort of a newbie in ROM building, and decided to compile ParanoidAndroid nougat for hammerhead. I followed the instructions from - https://github.com/AOSPA/manifest

Once I run ./rom-build.sh hammerhead, it runs for about 15 seconds before giving me the error in the screenshot attached.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. ? Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of ?s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of ?s.

They're working daily on that. you're free to compile and if you're smart enough you can successfully compile it :silly:

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Hello everyone, I'm sort of a newbie in ROM building, and decided to compile ParanoidAndroid nougat for hammerhead. I followed the instructions from - https://github.com/AOSPA/manifest

Once I run ./rom-build.sh hammerhead, it runs for about 15 seconds before giving me the error in the screenshot attached.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
You'll need some knowledge to compile it. You need to import some features from bullhead or angler and adapt it.. It's kinda hard especially if you're starting. I advice you to start building AOSP first and learn from that.

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
Wow I just realised those guys are still dead. They release a new version every 2 major Android releases. Even amateurs Devs (compared to them) release ROMs far more often. A bunch of ?s.

Yo you are so ungrateful, show some respect! The only clown is you.
You clearly know nothing about what you are talking about. The Dev's behind AOSPA want to bring a quality ROM, they don't want to rush thing to take a step back in the Custom ROM scene and bring a buggy ROM, so instead they take their time to come up with something nice and good (probably). How fast a Dev can bring up a ROM and update it tells nothing about the quality of the ROM. AOSPA was awesome back in the JellyBean and KitKat days, I'm sure their Dev team is working hard to get back on that level. Instead of whining about them being slow with releasing, you could give them some help or just give it some time and be patience to see with what they are coming up with.

fr3quency

Sep 20, 2008
Patra
fr3quency.deviantart.com
Yo you are so ungrateful, show some respect! The only clown is you.
You clearly know nothing about what you are talking about. The Dev's behind AOSPA want to bring a quality ROM, they don't want to rush thing to take a step back in the Custom ROM scene and bring a buggy ROM, so instead they take their time to come up with something nice and good (probably). How fast a Dev can bring up a ROM and update it tells nothing about the quality of the ROM. AOSPA was awesome back in the JellyBean and KitKat days, I'm sure their Dev team is working hard to get back on that level. Instead of whining about them being slow with releasing, you could give them some help or just give it some time and be patience to see with what they are coming up with.

It was my primary ROM for YEARS. There are other ROMs that cannot achieve their quality and yet I haven't encountered any bugs at all on those ROMs. How come?

Mr.FREE_Bird

Nov 5, 2013
It was my primary ROM for YEARS. There are other ROMs that cannot achieve their quality and yet I haven't encountered any bugs at all on those ROMs. How come?

Fair question, maybe it's because those ROM's you talk about made a decision between bringing quality or fixing bugs fast. PA probably goes for bringing a quality ROM instead of rushing on things to fix bugs and bring a "half work" ROM. Who knows? I guess we will see eventually ;)

aciupapa

Feb 11, 2015
Puńsk
I actually had downloaded Paranoid android 7.1.2 from AFH, idk if it was your build @marcomarinho , but it was working flawlessly. It had OMS, but i restored my backup and removed zip file... anyways it was working :D

marcomarinho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2012
Porto
I actually had downloaded Paranoid android 7.1.2 from AFH, idk if it was your build @marcomarinho , but it was working flawlessly. It had OMS, but i restored my backup and removed zip file... anyways it was working :D
I'm working close with AOSPA team to make it stable. There's much to do.. fix camera, video player, wifi... Only after that I'll release with the permission of paranoid Android team only!!

Top Liked Posts