What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread
Aww man that's really weird, here's the link for you mate :)

http://hotfile.com/list/255376/99cdb1c

Dear Rayad; thank you so much, I really, really appreciated you taking the time to do this. I've bookmarked and I printed and added the link to a binder I keep on my devices. What lies ahead is creating a cab file for my e-mail settings or whatever it is you create so with each flash it's all installed in one fall swoop. It's one thing to have a guy like NRGZ or yourself create and write programs and pretty much know what you're doing and all we lay folks do is execute and install them. I'm trying to figure out do I use Notepad or is there an XML editor that makes this sort of stuff easy or a step by step tutorial.

I don't understand why when I request the direct Hotfile link I'm given commentary about everything except the link; it's like my job and I'm asked a question about the weather; I don't understand why folks opt to put others down then to take a moment and it become teachable.

Once again, thank you and you have a wonderful day/evening; take care!

europn

Aug 17, 2009
Phoenix
where to download the Titanium version?

i was wondering where i can find/download the Titanium version of this ROM?
On hotfile.com link i see all the other versions, but not the titanium.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

xborfi

May 10, 2008
is there any other mirror rather than hot file? I used to download from vbn files but that is gone now:( any mirror for 21093 rom?

qcefer

Oct 16, 2007
JAX FLOReeeDA
wow

Actually this is called the Pascal wager... and while Blaise Pascal was certainly smarter than all of us, together, in this forum, let me quote Carl Sagan:

" [About Ptolemy's sponsorship of Astrology] This is proof that intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong... "

So, a loving god demands you love him or else burn in hell for all eternity? Am I the only one that recognizes a Goa'Uld when I hear one? Quick, call Stargate Command!

Isaac Newton, arguably the most important scientist in the history of mankind wrote more books about the nature of god than those about the nature of the Universe. Again, Sagan's quote applies beautifully.

And to end the debate once and for all, the Pascal wager is crap. Pure and simple. Ask Christopher Hitchens.

Now, back to our regular programming...

this is real deep, so did god make man or did man make god?

fuze_freak

Jan 9, 2009
anyone that has flashed the lasted may 17th ROM please report
feedback feedback please..
is because the 13 is so good that I don't want to flash without good reviews first

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
A token of appreciation (just in time towards the new HD2 for you :) )

Confirmation number: 2NF2164966344660Y.

By the way, I guess I should explain myself as to why the May16th ROMs were broken.

I bricked my own HD2 by accident by flashing the wrong radio for it. It's dead.. it wont even turn on anymore.

So for a little while I will be cooking these ROMs blindly, once again. Don't worry though, I will get another one soon enough :) Thanks for understanding.

emotionalhaze

Feb 28, 2010
Johore Bahru
i just want to know...
this rom RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50,is it good on battery life?
can i flash another radio?can u recommend any radio good on battery life?

pkchips

Nov 17, 2008
Well, all the evidence indicates that religion evolved as a defense mechanism against the unknown. But there's a real simple way to figure it out: THINK. If it doesn't make sense to you, it's probably because it is BS, pure and simple. You just have to be objective and include your own belief system in that critical thought process, and I guarantee you it will start to fall apart in front of your very eyes. A Christian will say that Islam is false and BS, and a Muslim will say that Christianity is the greatest scam to ever befall mankind. A Jain will say not to kill even flies, and the Pastafarians will just get high and laugh at them.

And pretty much everyone *IS* an atheist when it comes to gods other than the one you believe in. If you believe in Jesus, by default you do NOT believe in Allah, and of course nobody believes in Zeus today (or Huitzilopochtli, for that matter). I just go one god further.

Once you understand why you don't believe in Apollo, you will understand why I don't believe in Yahwe.

BTW, has anyone tried today's new ROMs? :-D

I was under the impression that religious arguments were banned?

However, so much nonsense is being spouted that I thought I had to provide some clarification.

a. Muslims believe in Jesus (peace be upon him) as a prophet, and we believe Allah (literally "the Lord" in Arabic) is the same God worshipped by all the monotheistic faiths and possibly more. Allah is the name for God used by Arab Christians.

b. An argument was made in an earlier post along the lines of "God is loving. God says he will punish some people in hellfire. Therefore, God must not really be loving and therefore religion must not be true." This argument has so much stuff wrong with it, I just don't know where to begin and I wouldn't even be able to fully express everything that's wrong with it in a 1000-word essay.

Here are two points that should be enough: 1. The notion that God is loving is not universal. Some religions believe God loves everything unconditionally, some believe that God is loving but does not necessarily love everybody, and some have no reference to the idea that God is loving. 2. God being Loving does not mean that no-one should be punished. Parents love their children, that doesn't mean they should never punish their children. For Muslims, the punishment of hellfire acts a deterrent to sins for those at a lower level of faith i.e. those who rely purely on material carrots and sticks to perform good deeds.

c. It was mentioned earlier that if people just think, they will stop being religious. That kind of arrogance just confuses me. Surely you aren't suggesting that over 90% of the world who adhere to religions are inferior to you in that they are unable to think?

The Qur'an, the holy book of the Muslims, repeatedly encourages Muslims to reflect and ponder upon their surroundings and on the book itself. For example:

Will they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from other than Allah they would have found therein many contradictions (4:82)

Will they not meditate on the Qur'an, or are there locks on their hearts? (47:24)

One thing which has always puzzled me is why atheists have morals or a sense of righteousness. Surely if there is no God, there is no punishment, and so one should just behave in whatever way is most beneficial and fun for him/herself. Instead, atheists often give money to charity and perform altruistic deeds. It makes no sense :S. Surely if they reflected and thought about their surroundings, they would scrap those morals that prevent them from enjoying life to the max.

qcefer

Oct 16, 2007
JAX FLOReeeDA
yom , pkchips, and myself included let's stop this discussion and leave it as is before we start a holy war. didn't mean to open up pandora's jar.

ruinertt

Apr 28, 2008
Georgia
i just want to know...
this rom RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50,is it good on battery life?
can i flash another radio?can u recommend any radio good on battery life?

2.07.50, 2.08.50, 2.09.50, 2.10.50, etc...anything with .50 in it is good. You can easily flash your radio (it's like flashing the OS ROM, but independent of the OS). Flash away on your radio and test.

I'm using 2.10.50.26 right now and all seems well. Just download them all and test which one works best for you. It really all depends on where you are located and what you really need your phone for (some are better on battery, but others are better on reception for calls while others are better with data strength).

I hope that this helps. It only takes about 2 minutes to flash your radio, btw.

emotionalhaze

Feb 28, 2010
Johore Bahru
2.07.50, 2.08.50, 2.09.50, 2.10.50, etc...anything with .50 in it is good. You can easily flash your radio (it's like flashing the OS ROM, but independent of the OS). Flash away on your radio and test.

I'm using 2.10.50.26 right now and all seems well. Just download them all and test which one works best for you. It really all depends on where you are located and what you really need your phone for (some are better on battery, but others are better on reception for calls while others are better with data strength).

I hope that this helps. It only takes about 2 minutes to flash your radio, btw.
thanks...ruinertt

SH4YD33

Jun 23, 2006
The Bay, CA
www.theripperz.net
Ok... So, how does one add more shortcut locations to the Sense Internet tab? The 17th GTX ROM only has space for two shortcuts.

May 17th up and running good. I always disable footprints and e-reader anyways so this is perfect for me. Always looking to squeeze every little out of the device.

EDIT: I've been having a problem with HTC ALBUM FREEZING and being extremely slow in the past couple builds. Anyone else experience this? ITs taking 30 seconds from pressing the message send in album til it pops up into the messaging APP..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)