Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I made Imei.bak backup (some chinese PC tool, adb kind) and used mtk uncle app from their site.

I put .bak in storage and used restore from mtk uncle app.

Every time i reset phone, it delete imei (dual sim).

UPDATE:
phone was bricked totally, friend managed to save it, but imei was missing.

Some times old Nvram covers the new restored IMEI. Try the next 2 steps:
- Delete from data/nvram the whole nvram folder (or if you prefer move it to other safe place) when device is on probably won´t let you do it so do it using file browser through recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and see if it was solved.
- Open your backup file and see if it has an nvram directory inside, copy this file directly to the path mentioned.

bojan.1995

Aug 31, 2013
Some times old Nvram covers the new restored IMEI. Try the next 2 steps:
- Delete from data/nvram the whole nvram folder (or if you prefer move it to other safe place) when device is on probably won´t let you do it so do it using file browser through recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, reboot and see if it was solved.
- Open your backup file and see if it has an nvram directory inside, copy this file directly to the path mentioned.

thats kinda risky, chinese devices have stock recovery, not custom...

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
thats kinda risky, chinese devices have stock recovery, not custom...

All devices have stock recovery out of the box and chinese are not the exception, it means that any of them come with a custom one pre-installed, the user have to do it by its own if there is one available.

Uncle Tool won´t work fine on non rooted devices, I don´t think that it can restore the IMEI succesfully in this condition.

You´d need to do steps further if you want to recover it as the next:
- Unlock bootloader on mediatek devices is easy and non risky https://www.getdroidtips.com/unlock-bootloader-mediatek-device/
- Here is the TWRP recovery for your device https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=3700668719832237858 you can flash it through SPFlash Tool https://spflashtool.com
- And finally you can root it with Magisk or for this only purpose using Supersu https://www.getdroidtips.com/download-supersu-root-zip/

roostermammoth

Jun 4, 2016
Hi, I'm having an issue with my s7 sd card. Normally when I access my sd card the path is /mnt/sdcard and it shows all my data. Currently this path is replicating the data shown on the phones internal storage in /sdcard.
I removed the sd card and the path /mnt/sdcard still shows with all the data from internal storage in /sdcard.
When I connect the phone to the computer via USB the sd card shows it's contents correctly in windows 10 explorer
I would prefer not to format the card, is there another solution please?
image of issue - pasteboard.co/Ifws6Tb.png
specs - android 8 on galaxy s7 G930F

Last edited:

MangSuar

May 15, 2019
I don´t think that you can go directly from nougat to the last Pie update but if you want to do it step by step you can for sure.

You don´t need to find the exact next build update atleast you´ll go to do it through recovery so for this you´d need to have a specific build to flash the next that matches with it.

You can download and flash from here firstly an Oreo firmware through Odin https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603841817 then flash those next through stock recovery https://firmware.science/download?url=52759/1488/SS-G965USQU3BRJ5-to-U3CRKK-UP, https://firmware.science/download?url=52759/1488/SS-G965USQU3CRKK-to-U3CRL6-UP then according this site https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/official-pie-beta-beta-testing-model-t3857510 here you have the CSAB pie update https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Paolz3vrM4UEtoPWkSQ99BLxsKaBzLUp/view to flash it through Odin and then the next CSAG through recovery https://firmware.science/download?url=00000/0000/SS-G965USQU3CSAB-to-S3CSAG-UP and then to the last available update in the mentioned XDA thread that linked the rom here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCfsmUZwjk9JxWn0zz5XM5nNfmdAbw5C/view

Some updates will erase your data and is probably that at the first Pie update you need to format it manually to can reboot, don´t forget to take a backup before and enable on developer options USB Debugging and if is available this option OEM unlock.

Dude...is thre any Connection problem after I update???like i can use all the Sim card on my country...thanks alot

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Hi, I'm having an issue with my s7 sd card. Normally when I access my sd card the path is /mnt/sdcard and it shows all my data. Currently this path is replicating the data shown on the phones internal storage in /sdcard.
I removed the sd card and the path /mnt/sdcard still shows with all the data from internal storage in /sdcard.
When I connect the phone to the computer via USB the sd card shows it's contents correctly in windows 10 explorer
from my understanding, a lot of duplicated mount points are there for backward compatibility.Previous versions of android mounted the sdcard at different places. ie that is expected in the newer versions of android.

EDIT: What you may find is that different mount points are actually mounted differently. for example, one may be mounted as VFat (ie dos compat) while the other is mounted as EXT4 (check the permission options to compare)

Last edited:
Reactions: roostermammoth

jf-08

Oct 25, 2012
Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications

Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications:

I'm frustrated with a news notification popping up and when I swipe it to remove it from the dropdown menu, it comes back after a snooze duration. When I swipe left or right to get rid of it, it is "SNOOZED" instead of being deleted. So in two hours (or whatever duration I choose as the SNOOZE option), it pops up and keeps on popping up until I've done it like 4 or 5 times at the SNOOZE interval. I don't want to disable the news popup in case I want to further read about that particular tidbit, but if I don't want to read about it, I want to get rid of it instead of having it pop back up at a later time. If I select "CLEAR" on the notification, it just SNOOZES as well and it comes back at the predetermined Snooze duration.

I searched the site but unfortunately I couldn't find any info about this. Any recommendation is appreciated to delete instead of SNOOZE.

Thank you.

Last edited:

hanifkeru

Sep 3, 2009
hello everyone,I have Moto X force xt1580.i have hard reseted my device through recovery,after reboot I am not able to use 2g or 3g sim.when I search network manually it shows message (error while searching network).what is the solution to get rid of this,which firmware can I flash? my phone is indian X force.,....any help would be appreciated.... thanks.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Dude...is thre any Connection problem after I update???like i can use all the Sim card on my country...thanks alot

If you have an unlocked carrier device then you should not have this kind of problem.

In this thread users are reporting issues regarding Pie firmware https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/broken-features-current-android-pie-t3845763

If you are not using device within US (this is the reason to no updates) maybe the best could be debrand it by changing your firmware to a U1.

MangSuar

May 15, 2019
If you have an unlocked carrier device then you should not have this kind of problem.

In this thread users are reporting issues regarding Pie firmware https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/broken-features-current-android-pie-t3845763

If you are not using device within US (this is the reason to no updates) maybe the best could be debrand it by changing your firmware to a U1.

You means Changging the Costum ROM???if U have the Link for the Stable ROM for PIE and Samsung ONE UI...pliss share it to me...Thanks alot dude N I'm Really Sorry if my English so BAD?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016

Just to clarify you said that removed your SD Card and the path it yet shows data (I couldn´t find your png so may I´m wrong)

Mnt>sdcard path is the route to the internal memory not to the external SD Memory Card typically just called SD Card. Smartphones use SD Card as a flash internal memory similar (if it´s not the same) to the so called SD Card and the path to your external you´ll find it on mnt>storage>identifier-of-your-SDCard.

Usual paths to internal memory:
- mnt>sdcard
- mnt>storage>emulated>0
-mnt>storage>self>primary as stated by DiamondJohn is multi formatted and in my theory to be readable at different mount conditions.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications:

I'm frustrated with a news notification popping up and when I swipe it to remove it from the dropdown menu, it comes back after a snooze duration. When I swipe left or right to get rid of it, it is "SNOOZED" instead of being deleted. So in two hours (or whatever duration I choose as the SNOOZE option), it pops up and keeps on popping up until I've done it like 4 or 5 times at the SNOOZE interval. I don't want to disable the news popup in case I want to further read about that particular tidbit, but if I don't want to read about it, I want to get rid of it instead of having it pop back up at a later time. If I select "CLEAR" on the notification, it just SNOOZES as well and it comes back at the predetermined Snooze duration.

I searched the site but unfortunately I couldn't find any info about this. Any recommendation is appreciated to delete instead of SNOOZE.

Thank you.
Are you using a stock feature to receive the news updates or are you using a 3rd party app to receive news updates?

If it's stock, maybe there are notification settings in whatever stock feature or app that you are getting the news updates from.

If it's a 3rd party app, have you looked in that app's settings to see if there are settings for controlling when/how you receive updates?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Reactions: jf-08

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
You means Changging the Costum ROM???if U have the Link for the Stable ROM for PIE and Samsung ONE UI...pliss share it to me...Thanks alot dude N I'm Really Sorry if my English so BAD

I don´t think that the Snapdragon variants has some development.

The last Pie firmware that I linked for you is a stable one not a beta and it might not to have more than minor bugs.

Your version is an originally locked/branded carrier that you say that now is unlocked and like you´re out of US is not receiving updates.

An initially locked and after unlocked device keeps yet all the "bloat" from the carrier, this means that it still remains as a branded within the G965U firmware.
In order to debrand it (just if it was legally unlocked otherwise you´ll brick it) you can flash the G965U1 firmware for the first time through Odin and the next updates you can flash it via stock recovery or if device is still under Samsung support receive OTA updates will be yet possible. In this way your device will have the same Factory Unlocked firmware.

This is the thread for unbranded firmwares https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/official-pie-beta-ota-files-factory-t3868977

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Just to clarify you said that removed your SD Card and the path it yet shows data (I couldn´t find your png so may I´m wrong)

Mnt>sdcard path is the route to the internal memory not to the external SD Memory Card typically just called SD Card. Smartphones use SD Card as a flash internal memory similar (if it´s not the same) to the so called SD Card and the path to your external you´ll find it on mnt>storage>identifier-of-your-SDCard.

Usual paths to internal memory:
- mnt>sdcard
- mnt>storage>emulated>0
-mnt>storage>self>primary as stated by DiamondJohn is multi formatted and in my theory to be readable at different mount conditions.
To further clarify (or confuse), the actual source path for your internal SDCard will most likely be /data/media/0 I think everything else is a mount of this path, which is located off your data mount.

Reactions: SubwayChamp

MangSuar

May 15, 2019
I don´t think that the Snapdragon variants has some development.

The last Pie firmware that I linked for you is a stable one not a beta and it might not to have more than minor bugs.

Your version is an originally locked/branded carrier that you say that now is unlocked and like you´re out of US is not receiving updates.

An initially locked and after unlocked device keeps yet all the "bloat" from the carrier, this means that it still remains as a branded within the G965U firmware.
In order to debrand it (just if it was legally unlocked otherwise you´ll brick it) you can flash the G965U1 firmware for the first time through Odin and the next updates you can flash it via stock recovery or if device is still under Samsung support receive OTA updates will be yet possible. In this way your device will have the same Factory Unlocked firmware.

This is the thread for unbranded firmwares https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s9-plus/how-to/official-pie-beta-ota-files-factory-t3868977

Thanks for your information dude...maybe I try the First Link from my First Comment in this Forum...Hope Everything gonna be Okey...Thanks alot dude?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
To further clarify (or confuse), the actual source path for your internal SDCard will most likely be /data/media/0 I think everything else is a mount of this path, which is located off your data mount.

Yes, I think that this is the "real" path if is a valid term where SDCard is mounted, just supposed that user looked inside the path given on a file explorer and he got confused between external and internal memory following the >mnt directory (as Linux user familiar with?)

jf-08

Oct 25, 2012
Samsung S9 - Pie - Snooze Notifications (cont)

Are you using a stock feature to receive the news updates or are you using a 3rd party app to receive news updates?

If it's stock, maybe there are notification settings in whatever stock feature or app that you are getting the news updates from.

If it's a 3rd party app, have you looked in that app's settings to see if there are settings for controlling when/how you receive updates?

Thank you for the reply. I'm a NFL fan and some alerts I want to read and some I simply want to delete. The New York Jets alert is an example of this type of alert. When I go to the details of this alert it shows this is the Google - Topics of Interest alert. See links below for photos. So when I go into the details/options of the alert, it gives me no option to delete it and the snooze option has a selection of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours.

So when I swipe one way or another, the alert just snoozes and pops up again at the determined snooze duration.

The first link is the typical NFL alert and the 2nd is the details of that alert if I select that alert.
https://imgur.com/a/7c7dxye
https://imgur.com/a/w4xavjq

Last edited:

Kakia1209

May 22, 2019
Hello

So I am trying to use Snapchat on my PC. I got it to work with Andy OS but I can not seem to get the camera working. It has a black screen but is still able to take pictures. It crashes every time I try to switch the camera from front to back. I have downloaded YouCam to try to help but it did not. Any suggestions?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Thank you for the reply. I'm a NFL fan and some alerts I want to read and some I simply want to delete. The New York Jets alert is an example of this type of alert. When I go to the details of this alert it shows this is the Google - Topics of Interest alert. See links below for photos. So when I go into the details/options of the alert, it gives me no option to delete it and the snooze option has a selection of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours.

So when I swipe one way or another, the alert just snoozes and pops up again at the determined snooze duration.

The first link is the typical NFL alert and the 2nd is the details of that alert if I select that alert.
https://imgur.com/a/7c7dxye
https://imgur.com/a/w4xavjq

I didn't say anything about settings in the details of the alert itself. I mean a setting in that which provides the notification, as in, settings in the Google feature that is giving you the notification. There may be settings in there that control when/where/why you get alerts, which types of alerts you do or don't want and which way it provides notification and how the notifications appear.

Last edited:

SquintyEyedSquad

May 22, 2019
Bricked OnePlus 6

Hello,

Whole Story (OLD):
I'm just a newbie that just learned how to root my phone (OnePlus 6 6gb) and I had Oxygen OS on it. I wanted to install MicroG, so I tried to get a ROM that had Signature Spoofing on it. I went with CarbonROM. So I booted into recovery and backed up my phone, and wiped (I wiped it without hitting any of the options) my device. I then ADB pushed the ROM onto my phone and tried to install it. It didn't work and I just booted into recovery mode. So then, I went into the Wipe settings and checked all the boxes (Now thinking about I know how stupid that must've been) and now I can't boot into anything. I can't boot into anything, I tried to boot into Recovery and into System, and I also hit the restart bootloader option. All it did was bring up the OnePlus logo like it was about to boot into something, then bam that one menu showed up. My computer won't detect it in ADB devices, and I can't boot it into Recovery mode so then my computer can detect it. I'm in checkmate right now folks, so if there's anything that can make it so I can boot into anything, then I'd gladly accept it.

Summary (OLD):
I can't boot into anything (Recovery and System) all that shows up is the OnePlus logo like it was about to boot into something, but then it just goes back to the menu with all the options (Start, Restart Bootloader, Recovery mode, etc.). My computer won't detect that I have my phone (OnePlus 6 6gb) plugged in. I think it might be because in the TWRP Recovery mode I hit all the checkboxes for Wiping and then rebooted (I know, you don't have to tell me that I'm stupid). So if you all can help me in any way I'd gladly accept it.

General things:
OnePlus 6 6gb, stuck on
FAILED (remote: (recovery_b) No such partition)
Need to get twrp, can only access fastboot menu

Alright, so after doing some research, I found out that you can run commands in fastboot mode (Yes, I know I'm an idiot). I got TWRP enchilada 3.2.1-0 the .zip and the .img file. I renamed the .img file to twrp.img, put the .img file into the platform-tools folder and put in the cmd, "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img". And this is what I get back,

target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (26748 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.882s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: (recovery_b) No such partition)
finished. total time: 0.893s

This is all my small brain can handle I need you experts to help me out, please
Thank you

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II