[ROM][4.2.2][AOKP/CM/PA] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [04/08][v4.2][DEVELOPMENT THREAD]

Search This thread

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [16/01][v3.5][Nightlies][Per-App-D

A little deviance and troubleshooting are okay as long as Mike agrees. It is when it gets way out of hand and/or aggressive that it becomes a problem.

I'm following this thread (as well as all the others too) but that is bc I have a flashing problem (so my wife says) not bc it is problematic. Please keep it that way.

Btw, nice work Mike.

twism50

Feb 27, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Mess with the DPI settings bro. I'm still getting acquainted to them as well

Sent from my SGS3 d2tmo

Here's my settings and a screen. Awesome job Mike, thanks for all you do. I also use the same settings on the YouTube app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-26-19-01-36-picsay.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-26-19-01-36-picsay.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 635
  • Screenshot_2013-01-26-19-02-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-26-19-02-21.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:
Reactions: dvno and gypsy214

Swimguy14

Mar 7, 2011
pnw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Re: [ROM][4.2.1][AOKP/CM] SGH-T999 Vanilla RootBox [16/01][v3.5][Nightlies][Per-App-D

I have a question. Does the resolution have to be part of it too? I though that it didnt and I never could get it split like that. I like the Gmail app and the Settings split.

Does the resolution have to be part of what? Also Tablet mode always has, and still does, split the settings and other things. Have you installed the rom and followed instructions in the op regarding per-app dpi? If you would like further assistance please post in the proper thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106546

Dumb question but what gapps do I download , gapps-jb-20121212 ?

As opposed to what? You have over 700 posts..weird.
yes you should install JELLY BEAN gapps for this JELLY BEAN rom.
Not trying to sound rude but you said yourself it's a dumb question. A tiny bit of reading and you could have found out that you didn't need to ask because somehow you already knew which gapps to use.

Also this thread is clearly&specifically for development discussion.

NEED SUPPORT? go here, where people are actually willing to answer questions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106546
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: ndwgs

twism50

Feb 27, 2009
Buffalo, NY

I think so. When I tried changing the DPI without changing the resolution it didn't split, even when checking the tablet box.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium HD app

Dano79

Apr 11, 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado.
Does the resolution have to be part of what? Also Tablet mode always has, and still does, split the settings and other things. Have you installed the rom and followed instructions in the op regarding per-app dpi? If you would like further assistance please post in the proper thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106546

As opposed to what? You have over 700 posts..weird.
yes you should install JELLY BEAN gapps for this JELLY BEAN rom.
Not trying to sound rude but you said yourself it's a dumb question. A tiny bit of reading and you could have found out that you didn't need to ask because somehow you already knew which gapps to use.

Also this thread is clearly&specifically for development discussion.

NEED SUPPORT? go here, where people are actually willing to answer questions: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106546

The reason I asked is because it says that the jb apps is not compatible with 4.1.x doesnt the x mean later versions

Swimguy14

Mar 7, 2011
pnw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Yes the x means later versions but pertaining to JBv4.1... since this is 4.2 it no longer applies

Reactions: Dano79

bajee11

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2012
Montreal

Seriously guys? This is a development thread, what's so hard to understand. You wanna talk about other things, just go chat in the support thread.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

itsmikeramsay

Mar 25, 2009
Atlanta
I did bro, and please bro, just a request... show some respect to Bajee. He's the dev of RootBox and responsible for the experience you're enjoying. I'll be honest, he's not so lenient to disrespect and unnecessary posts. Just for the sake of you not getting banned or anything, just keep it cool homie... Thanks! :good:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Members, honestly when another Member better yet, Members that are Titled RC/RD/RT for that matter request or points out that the OFF TOPIC discussion is not and should not be happening...why not take heed to their statements!

Also for those Members that feel that they need to chill out...well again you may want to take caution in your statements and posting comments regarding your "medication". Now back to Development, and please understand that this a Warning for those...

Thread Cleaned now back to Development discussion. And as always Thank You.

Last edited:

Swimguy14

Mar 7, 2011
pnw
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

cant find the option to change the dpi for the whole system... not the per app density..:confused:

I don't know if there is an option built in to the gui but you can edit the build.prop line 'ro.lcd.density' to whichever number you prefer, or use rom toolbox from jrummy to change the density. If you use either of these, be sure to clear app data from 'google play store' and 'google services framework' , then restart the phone and open play store / hit accept and there should be no issues with app compatibility.

C

Cyberianrazr

Any bugs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

Description

Vanilla RootBox is built straight from RootBox sources and always carries a very light installation with no extra/useless apps. This means, you can enjoy a pure Android experience combined with AOKP/CM/PA features. Every RootBox releases are stable and always up to the challenge for a daily usage. If you're wondering how this ROM differs from any other AOKP roms out there, I only have one thing to say: Try it yourself and choose the one that meets your requirements.

Features

Built from RootBox Sources

For a complete list of all Features in RootBox, visit the following link:
    Complete Feature List

AOKP Features

Hybrid Settings

Per App DPI
    Per App Colors (Statusbar, Icons, NavBar)
    Per App UI (Phone, Tablet, Phablet)
    Per App Expanded Mode (FullScreen)
    NavBar Height

General Settings

Home button call answer (Accessibility Option)
    Variable Lockscreen Pattern size (CM)
    Quiet Hours (CM)
    Power Sounds (CM)
    Camera Shutter sound
    Permissions (AOKP)
    Profiles (CM)
    Update Center – OTA Updates through GOO Manager

Camera

Save pictures to external memory
    Timer Shutter
    Voice Shutter
    Power Shutter
    Picture Size
    Focus Mode
    Color Effects
    Exposure
    White Balance
    ISO Settings
    Scenery Settings
    Smart Shutter
    Store Location (GPS)
    Burst Shots

Clock

Clock: Increasing Alarm
    Clock: Flip/Shake – Snooze or Dismiss
    Clock: Disable Alarm Icon on Statusbar

MMS

Easy selector
    Privacy Mode
    Quick Message
    Wake and Unlock
    Strip Unicode
    Emoji support
    Direct Call
    Message font size
    Text area size

Phone

Blacklist
    Noise supressiony, Off)
    Flip Actions
    Phone: Advance Phone Settings (Vibrate on Answer, Every 45 Seconds, On Hangup and On Call Waiting)
    Rejected calls as missed
    Voicemail can be cleared in notification

RootBox Settings

General UI

Pie (Paranoid Android)
    Low Battery Warning (Pop-up & Sound, Pop-up only, Sound only, Off)
    Expanded Desktop

Keyboard

Disable Fullscreen Keyboard (Landscape mode)
    Auto keyboard rotation
    Option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys

Lockscreen

Lockscreen See Through
    Lockscreen Background
    Screen Security Features (Unlock options: Quick Unlock, Delay Screen Lock, Menu Unlock, Home Unlock)

Statusbar and Notification Drawer

Breathing SMS
    Breathing Missed Call
    Display Connected WiFi Network beside Carrier Label
    Notification Drawer Shortcuts
    Notifications Behaviour (Always Expand, Never Expand, Normal, Old Style)
    Notification icon opacity
    Power Widget (CM)

Clock

cLock (Chronus)

Sound

Option to disable sound when adjusting volume
    Launch Music app on Headset connection
    Swap Volume Buttons on Rotation

Hardware Keys

Hardware Keys Remapping
    Lockscreen Hardware Keys Remapping

Recommended Installation Steps

Coming from another Custom ROM:

1. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

2. Flash RootBox zip

3. Flash JB GAPPS

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Reboot

Coming from Stock Samsung ROM:

1. Root Phone - Get CWM/TWRP Recovery

2. Wipe Data/Factory Reset (This does not affect your Internal/External storage)

3. Flash RootBox zip

4. Flash JB GAPPS

5. Wipe Dalvik Cache

6. Reboot

How to upgrade RootBox versions:

1. Download RootBox update

2. Flash RootBox update

3. Wipe Cache (Optional)

4. Wipe Dalvik Cache (Optional)

5. Reboot

RootBox Sources

www.github.com/Root-Box

Kernel Sources

CyanogenMod Samsung D2

Downloads

Official Downloads

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Google Apps

Quick Tip: To avoid bad flashes and unexpected surprises, make sure you check the md5sum of the downloaded zip file against the one displayed on Goo.

All Private Messages sent to me for support will be ignored. I do not have the time to go through all the PMs I receive on a daily basis.

Non-development | Discussion | Support

This is a development thread only. For Discussion, Support and Non-development posts: Use the Support Thread! You have been warned.

RootBox Support Thread

Changelog

**Due to thread size limit restrictions, only the latest version's changelog will be displayed.
    If you wish to have changelogs from previous versions, you can find them at the following link:

RootBox Changelogs

RootBox Nightlies Changelogs

Changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

- At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    - Goo Manager app (View Changelog section of the zip file)
    - Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Bugs

*AOKP/CM BUGS

Donations

If you want to donate, feel free to do so but I'm not a big fan of donations. I put this up because I've been getting too many PM asking for my paypal account.

Credits/Thanks To:
    * AOKP
    * Teamhacksung
    * The CyanogenMod Project
    * Paranoid Android
    * DaXmax
    * Rodries
    * Pier
    * BigDenn - Logo, bootanimation and wallpapers

ScreenShots/Videos

picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php
    picture.php

picture.php
    Some New things to expect in the next nightly:

• New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid. They look much better than the stock ones.
    • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light : All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled.
    • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle - Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to Kroz for the icons)
    • Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
    • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
    • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don't need to confirm by pressing OK)
    • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
    • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
    • Pattern Lock FC fixed
    • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
    • Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed
    • Pie Updates
    • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
    • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled.
    • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
    • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen.
    • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)

Screenshot_2013-02-21-18-13-57.png
    New nightly up - Android 4.2.2
    Members here is the situation as it will be...any more stupidity you will be infracted! And by stupidity I will define it>>> Off Topic non Development type posts/any thing that is derogatory towards the OP or any Member to include stirring up Drama. And this is not a warning any more, this is the FINAL WORD.

I will ask that you just follow the Forum Rules and as always Thank You.

BTW, thread cleaned, to included a few days back worth of stupidity.
    * New Sleep Tile - Turn off screen

* New Icons for Quiet Hours - Credits : +Oliver Geith

* Pie: Option to maintain PIE position, disregarding orientation changes.

Screenshot_2013-02-25-00-48-24.png