[ROM][Kang]CyanogenMod 9 ICS Preview

Search This thread

KonstantinKeller

Aug 22, 2011
Flowery Branch
THIS IS NOT MY WORK, I SIMPLY COMPILED THE SOURCE CODE FROM CYANOGENMOD'S GITHUB. ALL CREDIT GOES TO THEM. THANKS TO PERSHOOT, CYANOGEN, AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING CYANOGENMOD POSSIBLE. THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW FOR WHAT IS COMING AND NOT MEANT FOR DAILY USE.

Instructions:
1) NANDROID BACKUP
2) FULL WIPE (Data, Cache, Dalvik)
3) FLASH ROM
4) Reboot (Give it 10 minutes at max)
5) Setup

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/BE11O3HWMS

Credits:
CyanogenMod Team (Cyanogen, Pershoot, and everyone else who works on it!)
NOT ME.

Last edited:

essdiddy

Nov 14, 2010
I think I got first on the last time around too. Thanks for another taste before the CM team releases the polished finished product.

Sent from my SGH-T859 using XDA App

essdiddy

Nov 14, 2010
It seemed clear on the first one it was Kanged...but who knows. I never got to DL, I am in a TMo edge network for the holidays was gonna grab it tomorrow and have a look. Maybe this time I will save the link so I can JIC. Thanks for compiling for everyone!

Sent from my SGH-T859 using XDA App

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
Thanks for recreating this thread. Do you have any plans to fix any of the known bugs, or will you just provide new kangs as cm posts new files?

jorisvdende

Aug 29, 2009
Arnhem
So, DaAwesome1, can you tell me if what I was talking about (graphical glitches - I don't know any better words for it) is a know 'problem'? Or am I the only ons noticing it? It accured refreshing/building a page in Tapatalk. Any known 'bugs' in graphic drivers or something? Is there somewere I can find more info (webpages) about this ROM you recommend reading?
I like ICS!

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
So, DaAwesome1, can you tell me if what I was talking about (graphical glitches - I don't know any better words for it) is a know 'problem'? Or am I the only ons noticing it? It accured refreshing/building a page in Tapatalk. Any known 'bugs' in graphic drivers or something? Is there somewere I can find more info (webpages) about this ROM you recommend reading?
I like ICS!

It is a known issue as well no HD support for apps like Youtube. There is no codecs as well for Netflix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS NOT MY WORK, I SIMPLY COMPILED THE SOURCE CODE FROM CYANOGENMOD'S GITHUB. ALL CREDIT GOES TO THEM. THANKS TO PERSHOOT, CYANOGEN, AND EVERYONE ELSE FOR MAKING CYANOGENMOD POSSIBLE. THIS IS JUST A PREVIEW FOR WHAT IS COMING AND NOT MEANT FOR DAILY USE.

Instructions:
    1) NANDROID BACKUP
    2) FULL WIPE (Data, Cache, Dalvik)
    3) FLASH ROM
    4) Reboot (Give it 10 minutes at max)
    5) Setup

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/BE11O3HWMS

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Team (Cyanogen, Pershoot, and everyone else who works on it!)
    NOT ME.
    It's all good, but we won't do an official alpha until we can have hardware-accelerated video playback. Still a tricky situation with that.

I kept the repositories open for the 10.1 devices while it was pre-alpha quality in hopes that some talented developers would get interested in contributing to CM on tablets in a general way instead of just the typical kangfest :eek:
    I should't be having to do this again but here goes...

The OP has satisfied all requirements under the forum rules by giving full credit to the developers behind CM9.
    No-one has the right to make comments or pass judgement on him and any more talk of 'theft' or 'stealing' will be dealt with in the strictest possible manner.

I shouldn't have to warn anyone, you all agreed to abide by the forum rules when you joined XDA-devs.
    is the bootanimation not supposed to fit the screen? lol

We haven't chosen a boot animation for CM9 yet, consider it a placeholder.

Will there be another version coming next week ..samfirmware has unofficially leaked another build for SGS2

The 10.1 is Tegra2, completely different hardware than the SGS2.
    is this build you compiled any different apart from the tweaks you mentioned?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi

I actually repo synced my source today and it seems to include even more kernel tweeks from pershoot. It seems like the random screen shutdowns and that weird glitchy graphics stuff is gone. I really want to upload this build, it's a nice improvement. Since I'm not doing any of the coding, I would hate to piss of any devs. I'll try to contact the dev that I'm syncing from github to see if they don't mind, and of course pershoot, since the only difference I see in the repo is his kernel work.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium