SIM Unlocking Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P on Lollipop 5.0 OA6

Search This thread

locorecto

Jul 17, 2009
This is a compilation of threads that I used in order to SIM unlock a Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P that came with Lollipop 5.0. I have always used the SSU.apk from this incredible thread in order to unlock my sprint Galaxy S4, S5 and Note devices. However, whenever I install the apk and try to run it on 5.0, I get an error saying that the application (SSU) stopped working or something like that and it doesn't even work.

Just to be clear, I didn't came up with this idea. This is just a compilation of different ideas that I found on XDA on different thread to accomplish this.

Disclaimer: Do this at you own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. I can only assure you this worked for me.

Use this steps to Sim unlock you G900P from Sprint running Lollipop 5.0

1. Downgrade your ROM from Lollipop 5.0 (OA6 ) to Kitkat 4.4.2 (NE5) using this link . Yes you can do this!!!
-Remember for this step you need Odin

2. Unlock you device by Installing and running SSU.apk using this thread

At this point your device should be unlocked. If you want to go back to Lollipop OA6 proceed to step 3.

3. Download the Lollipop 5.0 ROM OA6 from here and flash it using Odin by following the same steps on point 1.

That is all. I hope this helps you guys as much as it did to me.

autotech40

Jun 29, 2014
Ok so its sim unlocked. Does that mean you can use it with other gsm carriers?and have you?thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Free mobile app

KEN23289

Apr 28, 2015
Hi guys, i just bought the S5 Sport on Ebay and intend to unlock it to use with the GSM network in NZ. Unfortunately, this device comes with android 5.0 lollipop that can't use the App SSU to unlock
I have tried to download the older android version on Sammobile but i got the error message Fused 2 > Bin 1 when i tried to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.x. Just google the this issue and find out the reason that the bootloader is locked at 5.0 version, Samsung just only allow me to go to higher firmware, not the old ones

I also have tried to root and install Custom recovery (successful) and install the custom 4.x rom. Tried exactly what the other post said ( download the one for G900p and reflash the Kernel of G860P) but the phone keep restarting (i've tried many roms on XDA, on one works)

So anyone help me to how to downgrade the android of this S5 Sport Or another method to unlock Sprint S5 sport on 5.0 please.

thank you

erojas1297

May 3, 2015
Hi guys, i just bought the S5 Sport on Ebay and intend to unlock it to use with the GSM network in NZ. Unfortunately, this device comes with android 5.0 lollipop that can't use the App SSU to unlock
I have tried to download the older android version on Sammobile but i got the error message Fused 2 > Bin 1 when i tried to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.x. Just google the this issue and find out the reason that the bootloader is locked at 5.0 version, Samsung just only allow me to go to higher firmware, not the old ones

I also have tried to root and install Custom recovery (successful) and install the custom 4.x rom. Tried exactly what the other post said ( download the one for G900p and reflash the Kernel of G860P) but the phone keep restarting (i've tried many roms on XDA, on one works)

So anyone help me to how to downgrade the android of this S5 Sport Or another method to unlock Sprint S5 sport on 5.0 please.

thank you

Same issue, and also made another post just like you. Still no answers, I guess this is a common issue for S5 Sport users

rishidhar

Mar 20, 2007
I'm still unable to unlock my Sprint Galaxy S5 for international carriers - ran SSU under 4.4.2 - phone recognized the GSM sim but no signal acquired. Going into Mobile Networks, phone is unable to find any available networks. I have selected GSM/UMTS in the Network Mode selection.

lordmusik

Apr 8, 2011
Loiza
I'm still unable to unlock my Sprint Galaxy S5 for international carriers - ran SSU under 4.4.2 - phone recognized the GSM sim but no signal acquired. Going into Mobile Networks, phone is unable to find any available networks. I have selected GSM/UMTS in the Network Mode selection.

Same here. Any solution?

willy_itc

Jan 25, 2013
Unlock S5 G900P By SSU.apk GSM/Data Not Working

Ok so its sim unlocked. Does that mean you can use it with other gsm carriers?and have you?thanks

Unlock S5 G900P By SSU.apk GSM/Data Not Working
I need Solution By Rom Stock. PLEASE Oh My God
Not like Shohat Rom V5

sreekumarr84

Aug 26, 2010
Did you try changing to GSM network? Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Prefered Network Type -> GSM/UMTS ? I am able to find the signal after doing this. Calls/Messaging works. But data is very unstable.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yes. It works with my GSM sim in India after following the above steps. Had to manually change the network type to GSM/UMTS (from CDMA) in settings.

autotech40

Jun 29, 2014
Did you try changing to GSM network? Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Prefered Network Type -> GSM/UMTS ? I am able to find the signal after doing this. Calls/Messaging works. But data is very unstable.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Yes. It works with my GSM sim in India after following the above steps. Had to manually change the network type to GSM/UMTS (from CDMA) in settings.

The international unlock has been out for awhile. I thought this thread was domestic,usa unlock. :(

rishidhar

Mar 20, 2007
Can someone confirm that using an international sim in Sprint S5 that has been internationally unlocked will acquire no signal when inside the US?

tet1

May 9, 2013
I unlocked my s5 sprint sport won't work with us sim card message invalid card but when I put a different international sim card from my country don't show invalid card it says out of service that's mean all sim cards work except US sim card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

lilizblack

Feb 1, 2010
San Juan
I unlocked my s5 sprint sport won't work with us sim card message invalid card but when I put a different international sim card from my country don't show invalid card it says out of service that's mean all sim cards work except US sim card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Free mobile app

Did you unlock it in 4.4.2 or in 5.0? Downgrading is not an option in the s5 sport and SSU.apk crashes in 5.0. GT tools doesn't support it and the development is discontinued at the moment. I ran all the steps of the s5 and all i need is the Sprint unlock.

hucesar1017

Sep 3, 2010
New Mexico
Downgrade baseband

So I've been able to downgrade the baseband on a L720t to that of 4.2.2 and I was able to connect with US sim card. Has anyone tried to downgrade baseband on s5?

tet1

May 9, 2013
for lollipop here is for unlock sim card s5 sprint sport for international sim card use only first downgrade your phone to kitkat 4.4.4 here the rom without downgrade your bootloader first flash this rom direct link
http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS5/SM-G900P/SM-G900P_NI3_ROOTED_ODEXED.zip don't reboot your phone then flash SM-G860P _Ng3 _ Stock kernel her is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57001576 when you done now reboot your phone and wait don't worry about the bugs just download SUU apk and unlock your s5 sprint sport then flash back via Odin to Lollipop find the link from sammobile firmware website type SM_G860p on the firmware site your device

Last edited:

poldavo

May 7, 2009
Hi! I spent most of the day reading your discussions and I learned a LOT (thanks!)

I have a similar case with a Samsung S5 SM-G900P from Sprint (but internationally unlocked by Sprint).

1) Background:
- I just moved to France from the USA with my Sprint Samsung S5 (SM-900P, running on Android 5.0 Lollipop)
- My service with Sprint terminated this week.
- I have purchased a French SIM card from the second largest French carrier SFR, and they confirmed activation of the line.
- I skyped Sprint from here and Sprint willingly unlocked my device for international SIM cards (GSM, etc)

2) My Issue:
- My Samsung S5 detects the presence of my new SFR sim card (it has even installed the SFR toolkit app to manage the SIM card), but it still displays "invalid SIM card"
- I try to perform a "UICC unlock" just in case (as recommended by Sprint) but it gives an error message (error 407) after initializing the app. Here is where the international service guys of Sprint just drop the ball for an ex customer.
- ((I have the APN codes and info for the SFR network, if needed)).
- First I tried factory resetting the device and tried again to UICC unlocking but it keeps popping up an error message after trying to do so. I have tried in different ways (with Sprint SIM card, with French SIM card, without SIM Card, without SD storage memory card on it) and same result.
- Then I read that I could force that with the SSU.apk app. Like others, when I try to run the app in Android 5.0 it stops.
- I read that some people downgraded to Kitkat 4.4 or less to use the SSU app. I downloaded the almost 2 GB of firmware for that and got ready for it. However, I have a Mac, so I couldn't install Odin (only for PC) to downgrade to KitKat 4.4 and use SSU.apk to force unlocking of my device (which is already unlocked for international use by Sprint... but with the issues mentioned above).

Any ideas on how can I perform this last step (letting my Samsung S5 device now that he is free!) so it stops saying "Invalid SIM card")? Any guidance to a newbie is really really appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a compilation of threads that I used in order to SIM unlock a Sprint Galaxy S5 G900P that came with Lollipop 5.0. I have always used the SSU.apk from this incredible thread in order to unlock my sprint Galaxy S4, S5 and Note devices. However, whenever I install the apk and try to run it on 5.0, I get an error saying that the application (SSU) stopped working or something like that and it doesn't even work.

Just to be clear, I didn't came up with this idea. This is just a compilation of different ideas that I found on XDA on different thread to accomplish this.

Disclaimer: Do this at you own risk. I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. I can only assure you this worked for me.

1. Downgrade your ROM from Lollipop 5.0 (OA6 ) to Kitkat 4.4.2 (NE5) using this link . Yes you can do this!!!

At this point your device should be unlocked. If you want to go back to Lollipop OA6 proceed to step 3.

3. Download the Lollipop 5.0 ROM OA6 from here and flash it using Odin by following the same steps on point 1.

for lollipop here is for unlock sim card s5 sprint sport for international sim card use only first downgrade your phone to kitkat 4.4.4 here the rom without downgrade your bootloader first flash this rom direct link
    http://stockroms.net/file/GalaxyS5/SM-G900P/SM-G900P_NI3_ROOTED_ODEXED.zip don't reboot your phone then flash SM-G860P _Ng3 _ Stock kernel her is the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=57001576 when you done now reboot your phone and wait don't worry about the bugs just download SUU apk and unlock your s5 sprint sport then flash back via Odin to Lollipop find the link from sammobile firmware website type SM_G860p on the firmware site your device
    sm g900p

i tried all means to downgrade it and unlock with what u showed us but never worked. with my own means,i tried somthing different which worked perfectly for me so i wanted to share with this forum: (1) ROOT THE PHONE WITH (NO NEED TO DOWNGRADE) https://download.chainfire.eu/408/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-kltespr-kltespr-smg900p.zip
    (2) unlock using http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s6/general/guide-success-sim-unlock-sprint-samsung-t3130294. IT WORKS 100%
    If you want domestic sim unlock you can Google idoneapps and you'll find all you need
    G900PVPU3BOF6 downgrade to KK Fail any idea
    Thanks in advance.