[Q] Few questions [gps, update etc]

Search This thread

selfade

Jul 20, 2011
Hi there.

Planning to buy LG OB, but got some questions. Hope you can answer them.

1. How good is GPS? Can I use it instead of odometer on my bicycle?

2. What about update? When do you think that 2.3 will come out for branded phone (T-mobile)? Much later than on non branded? Late September?

3. Is anybody using some docking station? Has using od dock any advantages?

4. Whattabout high power accu? 1500 isn`t much, i`d appreciate something more.

5. Is it possible to turn off camera sound? (at least in silent mode?)

Thank you guys very much for any answer. I`m considering LG OB vs HTC Desire S. Dunno which one to take, but OB looks great.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
Hi there.

Planning to buy LG OB, but got some questions. Hope you can answer them.

1. How good is GPS? Can I use it instead of odometer on my bicycle?

2. What about update? When do you think that 2.3 will come out for branded phone (T-mobile)? Much later than on non branded? Late September?

3. Is anybody using some docking station? Has using od dock any advantages?

4. Whattabout high power accu? 1500 isn`t much, i`d appreciate something more.

5. Is it possible to turn off camera sound? (at least in silent mode?)

Thank you guys very much for any answer. I`m considering LG OB vs HTC Desire S. Dunno which one to take, but OB looks great.

1. GPS works great for me. Fast and accurate

2. LG has confirmed the update will be in September. You should ask about branded update to T-mobile, if they even say anything to you about that.

3.--
4. Battery isn't bad, but it's a smartphone. I get a day without much care (let's say 24 hours, from morning to morning, so you have a day without worry)

5. It is not possible to turn camera sound in stock official ROM, neither in Silent mode. With custom ROM you can install the modified camera apk without sound.

:)

selfade

Jul 20, 2011
Thanks for reply,

1. that`s good :)
2. hm i doubt that they gonna say something, but maybe i`ll try
4. i understand how smartphones consumes battery power, but still would prefer to have 3 days with light usage
5. Sh*t, that`s no good. I was hoping not to root my phone. I read somewhere, that app called Camera360 fixes this problem. It`s free, so perhaps you could try it?

rashad1

Jun 22, 2010
New York
You know what's funny? My stock rom had an option to mute the camera shutter sound, but the Nova ROM does not

Last edited:

pihx

May 29, 2011
1500mAh is not small. It's pretty much what all other smartphones use except the newest dual cores like Galaxy S II and even comparable phones use smaller batteries.

A few examples.

Samsung Galaxy S 1500mAh
HTC Incredible S 1450mAh
HTC Sensation 4G 1520mAh (Dual Core 1.2ghz)
Iphone 4 1420mAh
Nokia N8 1200mAh

selfade

Jul 20, 2011
i`d be glad if someone who can`t disable camera sound in their LG OB coul try app camera360 and disable camera sounds then. it is very important to me, since i don`t plan to root my phone.

thank you.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010
i`d be glad if someone who can`t disable camera sound in their LG OB coul try app camera360 and disable camera sounds then. it is very important to me, since i don`t plan to root my phone.

thank you.
You seem really worried about that so I'm going to get my phone and try Camera360. I have NOVA ROM (based in 10A) but I will look if can disable camera sound too.

antonio1475

May 29, 2010

thank you.

With Camera360 you have to ways of muting the camera shutter sound. In silent mode it won't sound even if it's enabled in Camera360 settings. And if you are in normal mode, you can disable the sound in Camera360 fast with a button it has in the screen.

Oh, and by the way, you seem like a spy who can't have a sound camera hahaha

Reactions: selfade

selfade

Jul 20, 2011
thank you antonio.

i wuz really woried. i`m not spy or any kind of pervert, but take a look at this:

spolucestujci.jpg

and say that you can make that kind of "urban photo art" with shutter sound on ;) but it`s not just trainmates, it`s all kinds of very interesting situations when moral codex says that i can`t take a photos, but i`d really like to. :)

so it`s decided. LG Optimus Black it`s going to be my first smartphone :D

cbpron

Jul 24, 2011
About GPS, try Sygic. It's awsome.
And new features of Google Navigation are very good too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you.

With Camera360 you have to ways of muting the camera shutter sound. In silent mode it won't sound even if it's enabled in Camera360 settings. And if you are in normal mode, you can disable the sound in Camera360 fast with a button it has in the screen.

Oh, and by the way, you seem like a spy who can't have a sound camera hahaha