How to unlock the honor 5X bootloader

Search This thread

noiarek

Feb 26, 2016
website is still unavailable. I already wrote them but i haven't gotten an answer yet. I bought my cellphone in a website from Australia (I live in NZ) and I got a chinese version :mad:. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader to see if I'm able to change the firmware.

kevev

May 22, 2006
website is still unavailable. I already wrote them but i haven't gotten an answer yet. I bought my cellphone in a website from Australia (I live in NZ) and I got a chinese version :mad:. I'm trying to unlock the bootloader to see if I'm able to change the firmware.

I also emailed and did online chat with support. They say that they don't support unlocked bootloader and it will void warranty. Talk about doubles standard....

agrkottappuram

May 1, 2016
I want to unlock my honor 5x kiw l22 but while unlocking in adb I can't get the list of ddevices attached and not displaying serial number of phone in cmd winDow pls help

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I want to unlock my honor 5x kiw l22 but while unlocking in adb I can't get the list of ddevices attached and not displaying serial number of phone in cmd winDow pls help

did you enable developer options (settings / about / 7 clicks on build number) and turn on Android debugging in the settings ?
then you must authorize the phone in the popup window (tick remember this device)

MikeYoon

Jan 31, 2007
Unlock bootload

I had the same problem. Website would switch back to Chinese, and when I tried to go back to English I got the home screen or server busy (in Chinese). I finally just let it stay in Chinese and matched the fields with the English screen shot in the TWRP thread and I got through it and got the code. Have another problem with my phone's boot loader but that's for another thread.

Would you mind link me to the twrp thread? Been searching for it for an hour and couldn't find it. Thanks.

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
If EMUI Site seems down...

The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.

Reactions: rashiki

rashiki

Aug 8, 2007
The EMUI unlock site seemed down for me. I found that it was only down for the en language.

If you get the 600 error, try changing your language to chinese. I know it's a pain, but have the google translate plugin installed and I was able to progress quick enough through the dialogs to successfully get the unlock code for my phone.

Also, there's another guide in this forum that contains an alternate (paid) method. Search it out if you can't get anything else to work.
Thanks! That worked for me. It wasn't too hard to figure out with the Google Translate extension. It failed with IMEI1, but gave me an unlock code with IMEI2.

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Thinking of getting this phone for a backup. I am just curious about the DRM not working after unlocking. I subscribe to Google music and Netflix. Has there been any problems? The warning says the DRM keys will be invalid after unlocking.

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Thinking of getting this phone for a backup. I am just curious about the DRM not working after unlocking. I subscribe to Google music and Netflix. Has there been any problems? The warning says the DRM keys will be invalid after unlocking.

I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.

Says in the agreement. Never had a problem with other phones either.

saiyajin01

Jun 16, 2016
issue with huawei site - for 2 weeks now, ubale to unlock bootloader

Hi,
I am desperately trying what should be simplest thing possible - just unlock bootloader.
I have ID from phone, but whenever I go to their official site and click "Unlock bootloader", after login (via my email account) it just spits some error-600 static page that says something along server is busy... for 2 freaking weeks, been checking this mornings, evenings etc. Details:

抱歉,服务器繁忙……
We're sorry but the server is busy...
服务器繁忙(6)。

如果您有时间......。
请截图发给我的版主。
请提供在点击哪个连接出现该页面。

点击以下链接继续浏览网站上的其它内容(emui.huawei.com):

返回首页

They did sent me activation email, and in both latest chrome and firefox it says "connection has been reset". Could this be the cause?

I wrote to them, no feedback for 2 weeks. I registered 2 accounts, just to be sure, same consistent failures.
I am already regretting deeply to buy such a piece of cr*p (never, ever, I mean EVER again anything HUAWEI), but what the hell - not giving up completely yet.
Can anybody help, anyhow?

Reactions: mrfeuss

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
I haven't tried it with the honor, but I've unlocked MANY phones and Google Music has never been a problem. Apps rarely know if you're bootloader unlocked or not. They simply don't have access to that information. So it's doubtful that unlocking will make anything stop working.

This has nothing to do with locked or unlocked bootloader BUT with root !

Alright. Thanks. First time with s Chinese device do was just checking.

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Hi,
I am desperately trying what should be simplest thing possible - just unlock bootloader.
I have ID from phone, but whenever I go to their official site and click "Unlock bootloader", after login (via my email account) it just spits some error-600 static page that says something along server is busy... for 2 freaking weeks, been checking this mornings, evenings etc. Details:

抱歉,服务器繁忙â?¦â?¦
We're sorry but the server is busy...
服务器繁忙(6)。

如果您有时间......。
请截图发给我的版主。
请提供在点击哪个连接出现该页面。

点击以下链接继续浏览网站上的其它内容(emui.huawei.com):

返回首页

They did sent me activation email, and in both latest chrome and firefox it says "connection has been reset". Could this be the cause?

I wrote to them, no feedback for 2 weeks. I registered 2 accounts, just to be sure, same consistent failures.
I am already regretting deeply to buy such a piece of cr*p (never, ever, I mean EVER again anything HUAWEI), but what the hell - not giving up completely yet.
Can anybody help, anyhow?
Here's some help... maybe try reading through this thread, maybe someone ran across the same bug and posted it. Just a little bit of effort on your part may help...

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Believe it or not but I prefer the Honor 5x over the Nexus 6. I like the size and general design. The Nexus 6 was just getting to be too big to leave in my pocket comfortably while working. Plus I am getting through almost two days with light use on the battery. Miss the amoled screen only. Stopped with the custom Roms now. And enjoy the GP scanner.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Btw most phones from the carrier's like. Verizon, Sprint here in the U.S. have been coming locked pretty hard. I mad a mistake and purchased a Samsung S6 from my carrier Verizon only to find out they locked out all the radio bands but their own. No more Samsung unless it is bootloader unlocked from now on.

LastSUper

Jan 21, 2015

Could you elaborate on what you mean by change your language to chinese. Change browser language?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using XDA-Developers mobile app

dr4stic

Oct 18, 2009
Could you elaborate on what you mean by change your language to chinese. Change browser language?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using XDA-Developers mobile app

The website. You can browse it in chinese or english (or presumably other languages). In the upper right corner there's a "select a language" drop down. Choose chinese. I suggest using a browser that can translate the content of a page for you, like the Chrome browser using the Google Translate plug-in. Use the website in Chinese, translate it in place to english (so you know which fields are which), and it should work, or at least work better. The problem seems to be that the english site is broken or unavailable.

Reactions: LastSUper

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just confirmed this is working with a retail unit of honor 5X - US model (KIW-L24)

1. Visit the EMUI global site - http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=list
    2. Click Unlock Bootloader
    3. Sign in to Huawei ID
    4. Accept the unlocking agreement
    5. Enter device information and click Submit
    6. Get code and enjoy

If you experience any error, please use the contact us link on the page.

Please read the full Unlocking Agreement:

"Thank you for supporting Huawei Device products. Huawei Device has granted bootloader unlocking permission for its latest mobile phones, tablets and official firmware. Unlocking the bootloader enables you to flash third-party firmware to your device.

However, unlocking the bootloader carries the following risks:
    1.Huawei ensures that product hardware and software are optimized for your device, but after you unlock the bootloader, Huawei cannot guarantee optimum performance or that all functions will operate normally.
    2.Most third-party firmware has not been adequately tested and has poor compatibility with Huawei devices, which will affect your device’s stability or even cause damage to your device’s hardware. For example, some firmware may result in excessive power consumption that reduces your device’s standby time and battery lifespan, or the RF performance of your device may be impaired, which may lead to network search failure or poor call quality. Some firmware may even prevent your device from starting and you will not be able to restore the system, meaning that your device will be rendered unusable.
    3.Third-party firmware may be vulnerable to malicious software attacks. For this reason, data security cannot be guaranteed. For example, your personal data such as contacts, messages, and location data may be disclosed. Malicious software may also send SMS messages to subscribe to paid services or make calls in the background, incurring inadvertent charges. Malicious software may even be used by others to monitor your device.
    4.Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, you will no longer be able to use Digital Rights Management (DRM) keys and digital content that you have purchased. Upgrading software using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after upgrading.
    Unlocking the bootloader may result in unpredictable consequences for your device, including but not limited to those listed above. The user shall be held responsible in the event that the device malfunctions and cannot be recovered. Huawei will record your unlock request information; for software and hardware failures arising as a result of unlocking the bootloader, Huawei repair centers can provide repair services charged at the standard rate for repair work outside the scope of the warranty."
    Thanks but How do you boot into the boot loader? Is it done on the phone or on computer?

Edit-I don't have computer available now.

You need a computer to unlock it through adb and fastboot
    the site is all in a foreign language. I don't know how you guys are reading this

Everything was in English for me. Maybe use Google translate?

I just click the link in OP and I go straight to page in English. Click unlock bootloader.

Then Log in next screen (or register with email if you haven't already). Do the unlock bootloader agreement.

Then complete form where you put S/N IMEI and more. Good luck
    If EMUI Site seems down...