[RECOVERY][APP] 4-28 One-Click NvFlasher ClockWorkMod Touch 5.8.1.3/5.0.2.0/4.0.1.5

Search This thread

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Objective:
Thought I would create an app to try to make it easier to flash the ClockworkMod to your phone so you can get to recovery without having to use ROM Manager. This app will also let you revert back to Stock Recovery.

• Flashing the custom recovery using NvFlash is the only way to ensure that in the case your phone will not boot up, you will be able to get into recovery to fix the issue / flash a ROM / restore from nandroid backup. That is what this app will do for you.

If you flashed the ClockworkMod recovery from ROM Manager it does not flash the recovery to your phone, it fake flashed it. The only way you can gain access to ClockworkMod recovery is through ROM Manager at that point. Using this method is the only way to flash recovery so it is persistent and accessible booting to recovery.

If you have already flashed through ROM Manager you can still proceed with this method. Flash Away!
    (You can use both ROM Manager CWM and have the nvflashed version working together. You just access either or one at a time, having the nvflashed one means you can boot to CWM. Welcome to Tegra2)

Credits:
Thanks goes to player911, djmcnz, ctso(Chris Soyars) and mapin0518 for their contributions!
Thanks goes to omarsalmin for posting the guide and pulling it together for us!
Thanks goes to David Cogen at Unlockr for creating a video tutorial for this app!
Thanks goes to Krylon360 for his original modding work.
Thanks goes to RussUnderHill for his touch port.
And of course thanks (as always) goes to Koushik Dutta for developing ClockworkMod Recovery!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krylon360's Updates to CWM 4.0.1.5

• Ext4 Support
  • Internal SD ROM Flashing Support
  • Internal Nandroid Backup Support

Koush's updates to CWM 5.0.2.0

• New option for flashing from the internal memory! When you choose "install zip from sd card" there is now an option "choose zip from internal SD card".
  • External Only Nandroid Backup Support.
  • EXT4 Support
  • Fixes a bug where root is sometimes lost during a ROM restore.

CWM Touch Port from P990 updates to CWM 5.8.1.3

• Touch Interface
  • Experimental

Procedure:
If you came here first, go here and read the getting started before flashing this recovery: GETTING STARTED GUIDEhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060715
This process consists of 2 steps.
1. Install the windows driver.
2. Flash the Recovery using the OneClick App.
*** You will need to have .Net Framework 2.0 or above installed. ***

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO:
  • You can watch a Video provided for us by the UnLockr for a walk-through of how to use the One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery Flasher. (Thanks Dave!):cool:
    Click on The UnLockr Image to watch the video:(Video is no longer relevant pertaining to entering recovery from boot. And the buttons you can click.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher​

oneclickt.jpg

****Warning I am not responsible if you brick your phone!****

Instructions:
Extract the package:
  1. Extract the One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12.rar to some location of your choosing.

Nvidia NvFlash APX Driver
Nvidia-Tegra-2-Logo-150x150.jpg

• Unlike a lot of Android phones out there the Nvidia Tegra2 chipset require additional drivers in Windows to support low level flashing.

Install APX Windows driver from APX folder.

(Windows x86 and x64 O/S Drivers):
****If you are running VmWare kill it.****
  1. Remove the battery.
  2. Plug in your USB cable to your PC.
  3. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down.
  4. Plug in the USB cable to your phone. (Keep the buttons held until Windows detects a new APX device.)
  5. Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error icon.
  6. Right click on the APX device.
  7. Select 'Update driver software'.
  8. Select 'Browse my computer...'.
  9. Select 'Let me pick...'.
  10. Select 'Have disk'.
  11. Browse to directory you extracted the *driver* software to: One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12\APX.
  12. Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC).
  13. Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'.
  14. If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat.

Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
images

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Goto NvFlash directory and Double Click "OneClickRecoveryFlasher.exe".
  3. Make sure the USB cable is unplugged from your phone.
  4. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down. (Keep them held until you see the "S/W Upgrade" screen on your phone after you complete step7!).
  5. Plug in the USB cable to your phone.
  6. Click the "Flash CWM" button of your choosing. If you own a External SD card I suggest to choose version 5.0.2.0. This gives you Internal and External SD Support for ROM flashing but has External SD Nandroid Backup Support Only! If you do not own a External SD Card choose version 4.0.1.5 what has full Internal SD support for flashing ROMS and Nandroid backup.
  7. You should see it send a bunch of files to the device and the phone screen should say "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...". Once the files are sent and the program is finished running in the command window, you can just pull the USB cord while it still says "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...".
  8. Put the battery back in and you can now boot into Recovery. (see below..)

Booting into ClockworkMod Recovery
clockworkmod-logo.png

1. Power off your phone.
  2. Hold Vol Down + Power.
  3. Keep holding them, as soon as you see a "Blue LG Graphic" logo let go of the buttons.

Restore LG G2x Stock Recovery
lg_logo.jpg

• Flash Stock recovery only when you want to send your phone in to T-Mobile. Otherwise do not flash Stock recovery. Stay on ClockworkMod Recovery.

1. Remove the battery.
  4. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down. (Keep them held until you see the "S/W Upgrade" screen on your phone after you complete step7!).
  6. Click the "Flash Stock" button.
  7. You should see it send a bunch of files to the device and the phone screen should say "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...". Once the files are sent and the program is finished running in the command window, you can just pull the USB cord while it still says "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...".
  8. Put the battery back and you are done.

Take it easy guys! I was a pleasure working with all of you.

I am moving on to another device Galaxy S IV.

PM me if you have any support questions.

Last edited:

crazythunder

Apr 2, 2007
buffalo,ny
in the extracted folder,someone could place recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img in there and edit the FlashCWMRecovery.cmd to
nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 5 cwm-recovery-recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img and it should work,correct?

TGA_Gunnman

Feb 5, 2010
Dallas, Texas
in the extracted folder,someone could place recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img in there and edit the FlashCWMRecovery.cmd to
nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --bl fastboot.bin --download 5 cwm-recovery-recovery-clockwork-3.0.2.7-p999.img and it should work,correct?

I will wrap it up and add it to my app.

EDIT: OK Done Deal

Last edited:

KiNG OMaR

Sep 20, 2010
Chicago
could you set it to a variable that allows you to enter a file path to a recovery image and it just flashes that? rather than just the two hard-coded options

couldn't you have just done the same with a batch file or am I missing something?

Yes, but isn't this more pretty? :)

Last edited:

skyhigh2004

Oct 10, 2010
Saint Cloud MN
I finally found a pc to recognize my phone and was about to try it the hard way, wow that was so fast and easy it almost scared me lol. Thanks so much for this.

Sent from my G2x

tenbeau

Apr 24, 2010
Leesburg, Fl
Thanks so much for your very kind and sensational work. I used and still use your one click root for the Vibrant. Your a gentleman and a scholar. :):)

a1yet

Feb 16, 2011
oddities and/or errors ?

"reboot system now"
the First option in V. 3.0.2.7
powers off the device NOT reboot it

unless "reboot system now" is code for
Turn it off!

when you "reboot system now" (IE: Turn it off) with the USB plugged in
you get the the green charging screen with an oddity and/or error (o/e)
the o/e is that the Touch capacitive LED lights stay on
the only resolution is to unplug the USB till they go off OR turn on the phone

SECOND: (oops i think this is Thrid)
Holding down the Down volume key and power button to get into Recovery FAILS
if the USB is plugged into the phone
it will just keep refreshing the green battery charging icon

Boots into recovery fine if USB is not plugged in
OR plugging in the USB once IN recovery
BUT I'M NOT SURE THIS IS safe!

the last o/e is subjective BUT
seems to take a good 10-20 seconds longer to boot and recognize I'm on T-Mobiles network
it took SO Long the phone said "Emergency calls only" for about 5 seconds
this phone NEVER did that before!!!!

these o/e 's (oddities and/or errors) can't be normal and safe for my phone
can they ?
Rom Manager never caused these problems

that i get these o/e 's in a recovery program is kinda worrisome
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS:
OOPS ONE MORE O/E
because of the slow boot and not recognizing network for so long
i decided to run
"Quadrant"
i got 2686 Before flashing this recovery
NOW i get 2559
THIS is a big difference
and i have rebooted the system twice before running that benchmark
to make sure the recovery program just was not having a bad first boot, hence possibly lowering Quadrant scores

Last edited:

c3plok

Apr 16, 2011
"reboot system now"
the First option in V. 3.0.2.7
powers off the device NOT reboot it

unless "reboot system now" is code for
Turn it off!

when you "reboot system now" (IE: Turn it off) with the USB plugged in
you get the the green charging screen with an oddity and/or error (o/e)
the o/e is that the Touch capacitive LED lights stay on
the only resolution is to unplug the USB till they go off OR turn on the phone

SECOND: (oops i think this is Thrid)
Holding down the Down volume key and power button to get into Recovery FAILS
if the USB is plugged into the phone
it will just keep refreshing the green battery charging icon

Boots into recovery fine if USB is not plugged in
OR plugging in the USB once IN recovery
BUT I'M NOT SURE THIS IS safe!

the last o/e is subjective BUT
seems to take a good 10-20 seconds longer to boot and recognize I'm on T-Mobiles network
it took SO Long the phone said "Emergency calls only" for about 5 seconds
this phone NEVER did that before!!!!

these o/e 's (oddities and/or errors) can't be normal and safe for my phone
can they ?
Rom Manager never caused these problems

that i get these o/e 's in a recovery program is kinda worrisome
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

PS:
OOPS ONE MORE O/E
because of the slow boot and not recognizing network for so long
i decided to run
"Quadrant"
i got 2686 Before flashing this recovery
NOW i get 2559
THIS is a big difference
and i have rebooted the system twice before running that benchmark
to make sure the recovery program just was not having a bad first boot, hence possibly lowering Quadrant scores

confirmed working with windows 7 x64 home prem.. however it does power dwn with the reboot device now option.. did not do that with rom manager CWR 3.0.2.7... power off also powers dwn no reboot lol just though id check..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Objective:
    Thought I would create an app to try to make it easier to flash the ClockworkMod to your phone so you can get to recovery without having to use ROM Manager. This app will also let you revert back to Stock Recovery.

• Flashing the custom recovery using NvFlash is the only way to ensure that in the case your phone will not boot up, you will be able to get into recovery to fix the issue / flash a ROM / restore from nandroid backup. That is what this app will do for you.

If you flashed the ClockworkMod recovery from ROM Manager it does not flash the recovery to your phone, it fake flashed it. The only way you can gain access to ClockworkMod recovery is through ROM Manager at that point. Using this method is the only way to flash recovery so it is persistent and accessible booting to recovery.

If you have already flashed through ROM Manager you can still proceed with this method. Flash Away!
      (You can use both ROM Manager CWM and have the nvflashed version working together. You just access either or one at a time, having the nvflashed one means you can boot to CWM. Welcome to Tegra2)

Credits:
    Thanks goes to player911, djmcnz, ctso(Chris Soyars) and mapin0518 for their contributions!
    Thanks goes to omarsalmin for posting the guide and pulling it together for us!
    Thanks goes to David Cogen at Unlockr for creating a video tutorial for this app!
    Thanks goes to Krylon360 for his original modding work.
    Thanks goes to RussUnderHill for his touch port.
    And of course thanks (as always) goes to Koushik Dutta for developing ClockworkMod Recovery!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krylon360's Updates to CWM 4.0.1.5

• Ext4 Support
    • Internal SD ROM Flashing Support
    • Internal Nandroid Backup Support

Koush's updates to CWM 5.0.2.0

• New option for flashing from the internal memory! When you choose "install zip from sd card" there is now an option "choose zip from internal SD card".
    • External Only Nandroid Backup Support.
    • EXT4 Support
    • Fixes a bug where root is sometimes lost during a ROM restore.

CWM Touch Port from P990 updates to CWM 5.8.1.3

• Touch Interface
    • Experimental

Procedure:
    If you came here first, go here and read the getting started before flashing this recovery: GETTING STARTED GUIDEhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1060715
    This process consists of 2 steps.
    1. Install the windows driver.
    2. Flash the Recovery using the OneClick App.
    *** You will need to have .Net Framework 2.0 or above installed. ***

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

VIDEO:
    • You can watch a Video provided for us by the UnLockr for a walk-through of how to use the One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery Flasher. (Thanks Dave!):cool:
      Click on The UnLockr Image to watch the video:(Video is no longer relevant pertaining to entering recovery from boot. And the buttons you can click.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher​

oneclickt.jpg

****Warning I am not responsible if you brick your phone!****

Instructions:
    Extract the package:
    1. Extract the One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12.rar to some location of your choosing.

Nvidia NvFlash APX Driver
    Nvidia-Tegra-2-Logo-150x150.jpg

• Unlike a lot of Android phones out there the Nvidia Tegra2 chipset require additional drivers in Windows to support low level flashing.

Install APX Windows driver from APX folder.

(Windows x86 and x64 O/S Drivers):
    ****If you are running VmWare kill it.****
    1. Remove the battery.
    2. Plug in your USB cable to your PC.
    3. Hold Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time keeping them held down.
    4. Plug in the USB cable to your phone. (Keep the buttons held until Windows detects a new APX device.)
    5. Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error icon.
    6. Right click on the APX device.
    7. Select 'Update driver software'.
    8. Select 'Browse my computer...'.
    9. Select 'Let me pick...'.
    10. Select 'Have disk'.
    11. Browse to directory you extracted the *driver* software to: One-Click-G2x-recovery-flasher-04-28-12\APX.
    12. Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC).
    13. Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'.
    14. If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat.

Flash ClockworkMod Recovery
    images

1. Remove the battery.
    6. Click the "Flash CWM" button of your choosing. If you own a External SD card I suggest to choose version 5.0.2.0. This gives you Internal and External SD Support for ROM flashing but has External SD Nandroid Backup Support Only! If you do not own a External SD Card choose version 4.0.1.5 what has full Internal SD support for flashing ROMS and Nandroid backup.
    8. Put the battery back in and you can now boot into Recovery. (see below..)

Booting into ClockworkMod Recovery
    clockworkmod-logo.png

1. Power off your phone.
    2. Hold Vol Down + Power.
    3. Keep holding them, as soon as you see a "Blue LG Graphic" logo let go of the buttons.

Restore LG G2x Stock Recovery
    lg_logo.jpg

• Flash Stock recovery only when you want to send your phone in to T-Mobile. Otherwise do not flash Stock recovery. Stay on ClockworkMod Recovery.

1. Remove the battery.
    6. Click the "Flash Stock" button.
    8. Put the battery back and you are done.

Take it easy guys! I was a pleasure working with all of you.

I am moving on to another device Galaxy S IV.

PM me if you have any support questions.
    Nice!! Thank you, sir!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

I will wrap it up and add it to my app.

EDIT: OK Done Deal
    could you set it to a variable that allows you to enter a file path to a recovery image and it just flashes that? rather than just the two hard-coded options

I will keep it updated with the latest versions. Soon there will be just one.
    ClockworkMod Version 4.0.0.2 is now apart of One-Click-App. I had to do a quick piecemeal on my laptop since i am out of town looking for a house, buying a house and moving. Don't worry about the file versions in the dir. It is 4.0.0.2, I tested it.

Feel free to flash right on top of existing versions.

Sry for the delay.

Have fun!