Best Alternative To Discontinued Streak?

Search This thread

Shehzada

Nov 30, 2008
I wasn't too happy with my Streak 5 until I installed the official Korean GB update.

It's like a new machine and for now, its a keeper.

macqueyl

Aug 10, 2006
USA - CA, San Jose
AT&T LTE White Samsung Galaxy Note

So, got my AT&T SG Note yesterday & my Streak 5 has been retired to the gadget drawer as a backup phone. This phone is absolutely AMAZING!! Bigger, but lighter & fits in my jeans' pocket as well as the Streak did. Now to figure out how to root it.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I found these also...

$148.00 bucks less than the Blu Studio 5.3

Theres the DaPeng T8500 it's a 5" inch'er... Ranging around $122.54 and up... Theres also an A8500+ model, not sure of the differences. (These 2 seem to be the same product, just different names/model numbers, but spec's and all are the same) at $122.54 I might get one to play around with, also if ya wanna find the one for around $122.54 and up search for T8500. But really though thats half the price of the Blu Studio 5.3! Who can't be that price, for the size and dual sim cards and same specs as the Blu Studio 5.3?

Last edited by a moderator:

chdude3

Feb 20, 2012
I wasn't too happy with my Streak 5 until I installed the official Korean GB update.

It's like a new machine and for now, its a keeper.
I think maybe I'll give that a try. I think it's probably safest to go to 407 before moving to DSC anyways, so maybe I'll hit the official Olleh first and see how it feels.

sanyokt4j

Jun 28, 2011
Sacramento
I think the only issue I have with the panasonic is that the display has a far different aspect ratio meaning it'll be smaller width wise but much longer

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Excluding the SPen, it pretty much obsoletes the Gnote/att as MSM8270 > MSM8260, cant say for certianty about MSM8270 > Exynos 4210. The Gnote/intl is likely still faster gpu wise

needspractice

Mar 17, 2008
I think I am going to get the Galaxy S III on Sprint vs the Note, would think about waiting for Note 2 but I do not think Sprint will ever get the Note.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA Premium App

Shehzada

Nov 30, 2008
My biggest unhappiness with the Streak is the bad camera and the terrible video recording quality. Other than that, it has been quite useful.

I promised myself that my next phone will:

Have at least a 5" screen (I can never see myself using a tiny 3.5" iPhone)
High Quality Video Camera
Better battery life
Have at least a dual core processor

I can't tell you how many times I needed to snap a picture, only to realize my Streak sucks.

Last edited:

sanyokt4j

Jun 28, 2011
Sacramento
Now with the announcement of the gs3 I think I'll get that once the prices drop a bit, I'm kinda happy they didn't go with the on screen buttons like galaxy nexus.

droiduzr2

Jan 26, 2011
Guys,
There is a cool phone that most of you did not get in the US.

The Samsung Infuse. It's a 4.5 inch screen.
It's like the Note but this fits in your front pocket and they make Otterbox's and other Tough cases for them too.

Let me know if you are interested in one and I will sell it to you. I sell a few on Ebay mostly to people in Europe and US.

I have a nice custom ROM on it and it is unlocked. It will get ICS upgrade. Currently on newest GB like the Note. The Infuse is THIN like the S2. THe screen is AWESOME.

lmk

PM ME please.

sanyokt4j

Jun 28, 2011
Sacramento
Guys,
There is a cool phone that most of you did not get in the US.

The Samsung Infuse. It's a 4.5 inch screen.
It's like the Note but this fits in your front pocket and they make Otterbox's and other Tough cases for them too.

Let me know if you are interested in one and I will sell it to you. I sell a few on Ebay mostly to people in Europe and US.

I have a nice custom ROM on it and it is unlocked. It will get ICS upgrade. Currently on newest GB like the Note. The Infuse is THIN like the S2. THe screen is AWESOME.

lmk

PM ME please.

if it's the same one I'm thinking about then it's not much different from the original galaxy s, a buddy of mine has one and it isn't too great and I haven't heard of ics coming to it yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +1. Dell couldn't care less about their customers.
    ......there's only 1 device for every Streak users to upgrade to, and this is the Galaxy Note. There's nothing more to say or anything else in the market to consider beside the Note which is far more superior than our Streak! Problem is the price but it is more affordable now on ebay, 600-680usd.
    My 1 year old white best buy unlocked Streak is a totally perfect device for me. Yes as with any phone out there it used to have its flaws. And lately the microphone does perform too good.

I am a huge reader, reading absolutely everywhere and everytime. Actually I was reading when I realized I wanted to check xda a couple of minutes ago. And yes, it is my Dell Streak that I read on. For me it's almost flawless.

But I made up my mind to try something else. I used to have one of the very 1st iphones out there. And I believe I was one of the first users out there who threw up on it and sold it because of its...hm...I'd say incomplexity. I used to own all the best symbian devices as well including the monster e61, beautiful e71, gargantuan n97 and mysterious Maemo based n900 (the fastest texting ever!!!). I tried blackberry as well. Now it seems with my Streak bot being able to deliver the clear voice experience I'm going to try something new. Like good old Dell Venue Pro, windows phone. Surely it's going to be some kind of downgrade, but I'd still want to try some new experience, especially sweet for 179$ on outlet. We'll see. And if I don't like it, my choice is going to be either the colossal note or sgs 3 ehich might come up soon. Last week I had to use dad's iphone 4s for 1 day. I could not hold it in my hand. It was too small. It was too freaking small. And the screen was annoyingly small as well!!!!!!!! Truly cannot understand small screeners these days.

P.s. just wanted to add (right, tastes differ) that Dell Streak is one off the best looking devices for me. And not only for me. Several friends of mine told me it's an absolutelly stunning and clean design.

P.p.s. Go, Dell. You used to be the biggest guy in the hood. Now you have to be the smartest.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
    Imo the Galaxy Nexus is definatly worth considering
    With a 4.65" screen (0.35" smaller than the streaks) I doubt you would notice the difference (I didn't)

Well the 4.65 is smaller than the 5" from the Streak. I've noticed a big difference when using these smaller screen devices. Thing is the first few hours will make you miss the large screen of the Streak, but past 1 day, you'll get adjusted to the smaller screen. Still, there is nothing comparable to the 5.3 inch of the Note --> saved money people and get the Note instead - it's definitely worth the investment.
    Finally got my SG Note 2 days ago, and I can see now how badly Dell messed up with the Streak. I realise now in retrospect how many compromises I was forced to accept in comparison to the Note. Anyway, we did not have much of a choice due to screen size, so I have no regrets tho. Thank you Sammy for bringing us an alternative ....and what an alternative! indeed! Honestly, the Note rocks and my Streak experience is fast becoming a distant memory...