[Q] Stuck in Bootloader

Search This thread

cknuth

Feb 7, 2012
Detroit
OnePlus 9 Pro
After flashing successfully viper rom after a full data wipe my phone is now stuck in the Bootloader screen. I can't get to recovery, I can't reboot, and factory resetting does nothing. Help?

cknuth

Feb 7, 2012
Detroit
OnePlus 9 Pro
Can go between fast boot and the Bootloader menu but if I hit reboot, it just comes back to Bootloader. If I pick recovery it just flashes for a second and comes back to Bootloader. I am S-off btw.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
unfortunately my HBOOT is 1.44 (I just now read that it needs to be 1.55) My OS is Win 8.1. My work computer is Vista though.

device manager shows nothing connected via USB

if you have a USB stick, just make an Ubuntu Live USB (no need to install, you just make it, then boot the laptop/pc from the USB), check my guide under FAQ #5 (i think) it's very easy and ubuntu doesn't have issues with hboots, drivers, etc...

Reactions: cknuth

cknuth

Feb 7, 2012
Detroit
OnePlus 9 Pro
if you have a USB stick, just make an Ubuntu Live USB (no need to install, you just make it, then boot the laptop/pc from the USB), check my guide under FAQ #5 (i think) it's very easy and ubuntu doesn't have issues with hboots, drivers, etc...

ok so the guide walks me up to the point of installing fastboot for unbuntu using a couple cmd lines but for my specific situation will I need any files saved in specific locations? I have never used Ubuntu or Linux before so youll have to bear with me.

cknuth

Feb 7, 2012
Detroit
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok so im in Ubuntu, I think I have the guide pretty much figured out, but It still doesnt want to detect my device. I installed ADB according to the guide, but "sudo fastboot devices" comes up blank and the phone only says "fastboot" not "fastboot usb"

entering the command to flash CWM gives me the same waiting for device message. I have tried multiple USB cables as well.

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok so im in Ubuntu, I think I have the guide pretty much figured out, but It still doesnt want to detect my device. I installed ADB according to the guide, but "sudo fastboot devices" comes up blank and the phone only says "fastboot" not "fastboot usb"

entering the command to flash CWM gives me the same waiting for device message. I have tried multiple USB cables as well.

the phone has to say FASTBOOT USB, otherwise it's a problem with the port (phone/PC/cable).

ubuntu doesn't have driver issues, but when you connect your phone to the PC, it has to change from FASTBOOT to FASTBOOT USB.

cknuth

Feb 7, 2012
Detroit
OnePlus 9 Pro
the phone has to say FASTBOOT USB, otherwise it's a problem with the port (phone/PC/cable).

ubuntu doesn't have driver issues, but when you connect your phone to the PC, it has to change from FASTBOOT to FASTBOOT USB.

It doesnt change, so then its likely something with the system partition as it relates to the USB port? Because the port was working fine until the failed flash. But what it sounds like is this is a brick?

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
It doesnt change, so then its likely something with the system partition as it relates to the USB port? Because the port was working fine until the failed flash. But what it sounds like is this is a brick?

doesn't sound like a brick at all, as long a hboot (ie bootloader is fine) no brick should be involved.

but i have to call it a night, hopefully someone will be along shortly, and take over... (timezones :)) take it ease, DO NOT PANIC, DO NOT RUSH things!!

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Different Computer, USB Port, and USB Cable. Without saying FASTBOOT USB on the phone, can't do anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I pick recovery it just flashes for a second and comes back to Bootloader. I am S-off btw.

fastboot erase cache
    Computer wont recognize device. While I can enter fastboot mode it does not go to fastboot usb mode when I plug it in and fastboot only will "waiting for device"

OS, and hboot versions? (and if you're on Windows what does Device Manager show?)
    unfortunately my HBOOT is 1.44 (I just now read that it needs to be 1.55) My OS is Win 8.1. My work computer is Vista though.

device manager shows nothing connected via USB