OMJ

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Jun 11, 2007
MN
twitter.com
***TAMPERED***
***RELOCKED***
HBOOT-1.61.0000 S-ON RH

Ok so I followed along with the instructions that you provided (dowloaded the full firmware).

when attempting to flash the ruu file I get this
C:\Users\HP\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
error: cannot load 'firmware.zip': No error
Right now I am currently waiting on the black/grey htc screen
HELP PLEASE ::crying::crying:

S-ON requires a locked bootloader & you can only flash signed unmodified firmware

Sent from my Htc Nexus 9 using XDA Labs

MoveeAgility

Jul 16, 2016
S-ON requires a locked bootloader & you can only flash signed unmodified firmware

Sent from my Htc Nexus 9 using XDA Labs

Thanks for replying, means a lot

So you're saying that I can only use the RUU from the htc website, right? Because I downloaded RUU_M7_WL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_6.23.651.10 overnight and opened it just now. The installshield wizard seems to be frozen after I clicked on next upon opening it (using run as admin as well). O wait nvm it just went to the next step as I was typing this aha (Right now im on the part where it says Welcome to the ROM Update Utility for your Android phone.) Again thanks for the help ! I will keep you updated

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

WAit am I supposed to be on a specific screen while performing this task? Because I am now stuck on a small rectangle screen that says Verifying information on your Android phone. Please wait... On my phone I am on the boot menu and have Fastboot USB enabled. Is that fine to leave it like that?

MoveeAgility

Jul 16, 2016
Thanks for replying, means a lot

So you're saying that I can only use the RUU from the htc website, right? Because I downloaded RUU_M7_WL_L50_SENSE60_SPCS_MR_Sprint_WWE_6.23.651.10 overnight and opened it just now. The installshield wizard seems to be frozen after I clicked on next upon opening it (using run as admin as well). O wait nvm it just went to the next step as I was typing this aha (Right now im on the part where it says Welcome to the ROM Update Utility for your Android phone.) Again thanks for the help ! I will keep you updated

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

WAit am I supposed to be on a specific screen while performing this task? Because I am now stuck on a small rectangle screen that says Verifying information on your Android phone. Please wait... On my phone I am on the boot menu and have Fastboot USB enabled. Is that fine to leave it like that?

Never mind It worked! I'm finally back to stock! THanks for the help!

Um3r32

Oct 22, 2015
Rawalpindi
Here we have the RUU for the Sprint HTC One 6.23.651.10!!! This RUU is for the Sprint One ONLY to restore your phone back to stock. If you are S-ON, you MUST relock your bootloader prior to using this RUU.

I flashed the full firmware using fastboot but I got error and it says FAILED(remote:12 signature verify fail).
Help please :( I relocked the bootloader and I have S-ON.

MoveeAgility

Jul 16, 2016
I flashed the full firmware using fastboot but I got error and it says FAILED(remote:12 signature verify fail).
Help please :( I relocked the bootloader and I have S-ON.

You have to have s-off to flash these files. It says signature verify fail because the file you are trying to flash is not signed by the corporation(in this case htc). You have to go to the official HTC website and get the file from there. http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-sprint/news/ This website has the file that will help you bring your phone back to stock(NOTE that you must have s-off and have relocked bootloader to use this). The file is 1.4 GB (Yeah I know that is a lot but trust me its worth it in the end). Once you are done with the download you must RUN the program(to avoid problems run the file as administrator)and follow the installation wizard instructions.(Be patient with the instillation process because it sometimes takes a while for the next step to appear so don't think it stopped working). Before running the program make sure that your phone is on (on the boot menu screen) and plugged into your computer. Once the program runs just follow its instructions and let it do its magic. Hope this helps!

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
You have to have s-off to flash these files. It says signature verify fail because the file you are trying to flash is not signed by the corporation(in this case htc). You have to go to the official HTC website and get the file from there. http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-sprint/news/ This website has the file that will help you bring your phone back to stock(NOTE that you must have s-off and have relocked bootloader to use this). The file is 1.4 GB (Yeah I know that is a lot but trust me its worth it in the end). Once you are done with the download you must RUN the program(to avoid problems run the file as administrator)and follow the installation wizard instructions.(Be patient with the instillation process because it sometimes takes a while for the next step to appear so don't think it stopped working). Before running the program make sure that your phone is on (on the boot menu screen) and plugged into your computer. Once the program runs just follow its instructions and let it do its magic. Hope this helps!
You DO NOT need to be s-off to run the RUU.
However you do need to be s-off to flash modified firmware.

Um3r32

Oct 22, 2015
Rawalpindi
You have to have s-off to flash these files. It says signature verify fail because the file you are trying to flash is not signed by the corporation(in this case htc). You have to go to the official HTC website and get the file fr!
THANKYOU SO MUCH. IT WORKED :D
Do you have any idea where can I find cwm recovery for hhtc one sprint version? I want to root it but first I need recovery :/

JohnEcho

Nov 8, 2016
Greets to all
Huge Respect to the devs,your work is beyond words!!!
A million thanks would not be enough for this post really,run the EXE and you are right back to stock lollipop, 5.0.2 sense 6
Awesome,got the machine bumped up from the previous Nusense7,which was nice but felt heavy!
I was s-off,hboot 1.61,with boot loader locked!!
Got some questions though.I got camera issue of blurring right after the EXE,and I wanna try older RUU,would love it to be JB,just to see if this is going to be corrected!Can I run an older one,like 1.29.651.10,still on s-off,but with stock recovery?
My hboot,radio,and all on bootloader screen,seems the same as before!
I first tried to install the 1.29.651.7,it didnt work,I had a "try a different ruu" issue,but this last one worked!!!
Also I don't want sprint cause I'm using the phone in Europe,do you think the international ruu will work for me?
Many thanks in advance,keep up the awesome work ;)

knightwolf123

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 16, 2011
/home/front-porch
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@OMJ hey brother, sorry to call you out specifically but your the MAN at this stuff. I picked up an M7 for one of my kiddos and am not able to flash firmware from fastboot. Error 12 I think it is. Failed signature check. I'm trying to update it from Android 4.4.2 to current.

I was able to unlock it and install twrp and install superuser but having trouble updating firmware.

Before I unlocked it I tried 3 different RUU (different Android versions) and updating firmware but to no avail. I should be able to flash the current rom via twrp but without the firmware on not sure it'll even boot.

Any advice or alternative methods to get firmware updated.

Thank you for all your work.

Top Liked Posts