Root Loop?

Search This thread

Ted926

Jun 16, 2010
San Francisco
Hi all,

I downloaded the modaco update-nexusone-FRF50-signed.zip, and flashed my stock 2.1 (out of the box) nexus one rom, it worked well for about 9 hours, i plugged it into my car charger and when i took it off, it froze, and the touch screen disabled. Now im trying to reflash the rom and keep getting stuck at E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1, then E: Can't mount SD card

Any ideas on how i can get this working again?

Thanks

Ted926

Jun 16, 2010
San Francisco
i have a few times, same thing keeps happening, is there anything else I can try before I chalk it up to hardware malfunction and send it in to get a new one.... i reaallly dont want to do that

im also tried different sd card, and none of them have worked.

wesbalmer

Oct 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.rawc.net
i have a few times, same thing keeps happening, is there anything else I can try before I chalk it up to hardware malfunction and send it in to get a new one.... i reaallly dont want to do that

im also tried different sd card, and none of them have worked.

Well..... I wouldn't consider it to be a hardware malfunction yet.
1. Have you tried a non-apps2sd rom, like Stock Froyo
2. Have you tried completely reformatting your SD card on your desktop, while using a MicroSD to SD to USB converter or something of that sort. You'll need to delete all the partitions as you won't be able to see the EXT partiton in explorer, use disk manager
3. Have you tried using a different SD card?
4. Maybe you should completely wipe all the device in fastboot, maybe something is screwy, maybe even reinstall your recovery image

Try these things, then come back with results. We can diagnose issues after some of these troubleshooting techniques

Ted926

Jun 16, 2010
San Francisco
i haven't tried formatting the card, but i have tried other cards with the update.zip flash, do you have a link to the stock froyo file

i think the problem is that the one i downloaded wasnt legit, and i have wiped the device in fastboot, the problem is that something is wrong with the touch screen, when it relaods from rebooting, it will get to the touch the android welcome screen and wont register any touch screen input, only volume up/down, trackball, and power button

Ted926

Jun 16, 2010
San Francisco
okay, i tried formatting the sd card, and putting the update.zip file on it, and the same error occurred, when i tried to flash in recovery mode.

Ted926

Jun 16, 2010
San Francisco
no luck, it doesnt search for the image. When i enter fastboot, it just shows four options: bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, and power down

wesbalmer

Oct 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.rawc.net
no luck, it doesnt search for the image. When i enter fastboot, it just shows four options: bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, and power down

Then I would say something is faulting with your SD Card or your SDcard slot. I would try and take a very small ammount of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to the contacts of your SD card, but there is no way to get into the slot without damaging it. If you have to do a warranty replacement just state that yes your device is bootloader unlocked but you're a developer and it is necessary to unlock in order to better serve the android platform