[Q] Kies Air on ICS

Search This thread

iwantmypie

Dec 29, 2010
Middleboro
I recently switched from the UCLC2 leak to the AOKP 4.0.4 ROM and I noticed Kies was removed as part of the bloatware slimdown. I extracted these 3 files from the UCLC2 ROM and wrote them to my /system/app folder with Root Explorer.

Kies.apk
KiesAir.apk
kieswifi.apk

Problem is, when I go to open Kies Air, it's prompting me to turn on wifi and select a network, even though its already on and connected. I've turned the wifi on and off several times and even rebooted a few times to no avail.

Any guidance as to how to get Kies Air up and running? Possible replacement apps also encouraged. Dropbox is nice but I enjoy being able to manage my sd card wirelessly through my PC browser.

Thanks.

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
ummmmm....kies wasnt removed as a bloatware slimdown... AOKP is based on AOSP. KIES is a SAMSUNG touchwiz thing... AOKP and any samsung based roms are worlds apart....

it wont work without the proper framework, unless someone really hacks it up, but its not worth the effort

want to manage your sdcard wirelessly?
WIFI File Explorer Pro works fantastically.

kLAcK107

Apr 5, 2011
I was able to use titanium backup to recover kies air on shockstock2 ics rom, it seems to be working, however is would like to use the real app.

kLAcK107

Apr 5, 2011
Touchwiz teet? Kies is pretty sweet. It is nicer than any of those plain wifi programs. You can play music, play videos, manage files, send texts, and manage your calandar, contacts all in one... I already paid for Kies, its built in the price of the phone...

Just look at how fancy it is:
attachment.php

I have attached 3 files, unzip these in your /sdcard/TitaniamBackup/ directory and click restore app only.

Attachments

• Kies-air.jpg
    Kies-air.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 614
  • 1-2.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 44
  • 3.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ummmmm....kies wasnt removed as a bloatware slimdown... AOKP is based on AOSP. KIES is a SAMSUNG touchwiz thing... AOKP and any samsung based roms are worlds apart....

it wont work without the proper framework, unless someone really hacks it up, but its not worth the effort

want to manage your sdcard wirelessly?
    WIFI File Explorer Pro works fantastically.