[Guide][Make all roms work on XT1033]

Search This thread

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Finally worked out!
Big thanks to @antarix for the method and @LeslieKawiti For pointing out ,so here's the full method.
So here's the full Guide
One sim will be fully functional
Well i did flash this over Retail GB but i dont think so thats required as it has no effect
1.Flash GPE from this method only!(specially the gpe image)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726041
Boot into gpe once
2.Flash any recovery via Moto Tool or via command-line.
3.Do a full wipe(not userdata obviously!)
3.Install the rom.
Boot and Voila!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::D:D:D:D:D:D
If U want want to thank someone ,give thanks to all of these posts
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52112014&postcount=458- For the method
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52126568&postcount=464--it's just check ur pm ,but he was the one who pointed out the mistake
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52126612&postcount=465-For explaining the mistake

Last edited:

notanoob

Mar 8, 2012
your basically converting xt1033 to xt1032 .no wonder all roms work , figured that long time ago. Guess this thread could help ppl who did not know that

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Umm

your basically converting xt1033 to xt1032 .no wonder all roms work , figured that long time ago. Guess this thread could help ppl who did not know that
I guess that everyone figured that out long time ago
but after flashing retail gb and then custom roms would still give network errors(can recieve calls,hangup issues) and encryption errors on official gpe
These images are semi-official which actually modify the partition and give more space -thus really converting to gpe
None could get even one sim working properly but now we can!

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
But I already did this guide before, why make another guide just redirecting to mine?
Well that guide is to convert gpe, it does not significantly tell that all roms will support XT1033 after flashing ,if u just add that this will make all roms support XT1033, I'll be glad if u add that in ur guide
Now I know that your answer will be that it is obvious that after converting it should work on all roms but that didn't happen with retail GB or other gpe firmware, THAT'S WHY!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

rr46000

Aug 26, 2012
Is it possible to keep F2FS file system when converting a xt1033 for single sim stock roms like tweaky one? Ext4 is not as good as f2fs according to tests. Thank you.

XT1033 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Well not as of now
But please try latest c-rom as it is fully featured rom
Flash over stock dual sim

thelegendofzeth

Jan 28, 2014
Well that guide is to convert gpe, it does not significantly tell that all roms will support XT1033 after flashing ,if u just add that this will make all roms support XT1033, I'll be glad if u add that in ur guide
Now I know that your answer will be that it is obvious that after converting it should work on all roms but that didn't happen with retail GB or other gpe firmware, THAT'S WHY!

Please look the at the first lines of OP before the guide begins and again in bold-caps lines at its final, sir.

Reactions: Lemagex and rr46000

Mister Muscle

Nov 5, 2012
Banjarmasin
Flash that official us firmware then u'll get an ota, which will automatically flash
But I was getting no network when I flashed us firmware

So i can ? flash US firmware for my xt1033 ?

My friend uses a global firmware us and get the network, but not for us gsm: \

btw, thanks :)

Last edited:

gimche

Oct 4, 2012
Belgrade
I read on few custom ROM threads that people complain on XT1033 related problems, that don't exist on single sim versions. Does this (or some other) hack make 1033 behave exactly as 1032, or those 1033 related issues are still present after the hack?

*I don't intend to ever use both sims, but local retailers only sell dual sim version.

Top Liked Posts