5.03.651.3_Stock | Rooted | 4.4.2 | Sense 6 [5/29/2014] Odex/Deodex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
hello guys n devs!

Its good that our m7 is like m8 now ( not exactly) :p:p...

Today i downloaded the ota through wifi.

Can anyone tell me what should i have to do before installing the ota. I m s-off and on software version 4.06.651.9 and twrp recovery 2.7.3.0.

Can anyone tell me what all should i have to flash before taking the ota??

I dont want to brick my phone.

Thankss :laugh:

Yep, I can....

Step 1. NEVER DOWNLOAD OTA (you are rooted, no reason to and failure rate of successfully installing is pretty high)

Step 2. Delete the download

Step 3. Download the rom featured in this thread

Step 4. Download the modified firmware referred to, yes, in this thread also

Step 5. Flash rom, fastboot flash the firmware zip

Step 6. Profit

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
Yep, I can....

Step 1. NEVER DOWNLOAD OTA (you are rooted, no reason to and failure rate of successfully installing is pretty high)

Step 2. Delete the download

Step 3. Download the rom featured in this thread

Step 4. Download the modified firmware referred to, yes, in this thread also

Step 5. Flash rom, fastboot flash the firmware zip

Step 6. Profit

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Or relock, ruu, take update, unlock again, then reinstall custom recovery. Seems like more work to me though

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

v1ral

Oct 24, 2010
HTC One (m7)
HTC Droid Incredible
Okay before I flash this I have a question.
With the early release ports of sense 6, there was a problem with epst, a particular setting I had to change
Rtts /xXxX to get a bit of a boost of data. Is it present in this release??
Is so then I'll just stick to the sense six port I use as my daily.

roflhorse

May 28, 2009
I apologize for the newbness of this question, but can you point me to some instruction on how to flash the firmware in fastboot? I used it to unlock and root, but that was a while ago and I've forgotten what I'm doing with it.

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Okay before I flash this I have a question.
With the early release ports of sense 6, there was a problem with epst, a particular setting I had to change
Rtts /xXxX to get a bit of a boost of data. Is it present in this release??
Is so then I'll just stick to the sense six port I use as my daily.

NANDROID and check it out man, the experiment might take 15min to complete. This not a port, it's a legit full rom the way it was supposed to be delivered, minus the basic root adds Thoughtless put in. I wouldn't think a "port" is going to be better than the real thing but I've been wrong before. :cowboy:

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
I apologize for the newbness of this question, but can you point me to some instruction on how to flash the firmware in fastboot? I used it to unlock and root, but that was a while ago and I've forgotten what I'm doing with it.

If you look for one of OMJs firmware threads he gives you the instructions, I'll post them when i get a chance, I'm at work right now though

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

numus

Jan 8, 2008
Can someone confirm the baseband for the new radio? I am showing 1.01.20.0515 and PRI 4.38_003

I checked for new PRLs after I updated the firmware and am sad to say it still is at 56018... hopefully we will get a PRL update in the near future.

Last edited:

jayas.mayank

Apr 17, 2013
Before installing ota do i have to do following things:

Do i have to flash 5.03.651.3 firware befire installing ota?

Do i have to relock my bootloader?

Do i have to flash any radio??

Anything more??

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanksss

damanrob

Aug 12, 2010
blinkfeed

Ok got a weird problem. I installed everything like i was told rom, then fastboot flashed the modified firmware, but when i get into sense it starts telling me that blinkfeed is crashing and an error message is being sent in. Anyways i noticed this started when i restored my phone through htc. So after redownloading from different mirror(to make sure no bad download) and not setting up phone before getting into it. It still happened. i have removed blinkfeed from home screen as i never used it, however when i go to add widgets to my home screen i get the same error and can't use any widgets. I am rooted, unlocked, and s-offed.

Thanks

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
This is a stock odexd ROM from the newest OTA

I attempted to deodex the rom this morning but it decided it wasn't going to boot, if somebody with a little more time wants to have a hand at it be my guest, i'll gladly put it in the OP

Just finished doing m7vzw Full DeOdex Sense 6 update and thought why not do this for Sprint while I'm at it, here you go:
m7wls_Stock_Rooted_5.03.651.3_DeOdex_Full.zip

I did nothing else to the rom you posted.
Deodexed, zipaligned, repacked and signed.

If anyone wants to use it as a rom base or whatever, go for it! :good:
A little credit/thanks in your OP would be nice, as Sense 6 can be fun to deodex properly.

I do not own the Sprint variant, but did have one Sprint user test it prior to posting this and it checked out fine.

ENJOY

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

Just finished doing m7vzw Full DeOdex Sense 6 update and thought why not do this for Sprint while I'm at it, here you go:

A little credit/thanks in your OP would be nice, as Sense 6 can be fun to deodex properly.

I do not own the Sprint variant, but did have one Sprint user test it prior to posting this and it checked out fine.

ENJOY

im going to test and i'll gladly give credit

thoughtlesskyle

Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia

ENJOY

tested, and booted, what did you do differently? i tried a ton of stuff

lespaulplayer

Apr 30, 2009
Flashed the new firmware, then flashed this new update.
Everything seems to be working fine, except I'm curious if anyone else has this issue:

With sense 6, HTC put the blinkfeed launcher, gallery, TV, etc on the play store. These don't show up under My Apps for me but can be found through searching. I have the option to update blinkfeed, but the update doesn't work. "Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again."

Can anyone else recreate this?

Last edited:

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH

ENJOY

Thanks a Million!! I also tried a ton of stuff and couldn't get it to boot. What was the trick if you dont mind sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts