Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 4,561
Last edited:

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
If anybody wants to take this and load it into the stock live wallpapers, maybe even add the Samsung Galaxy live wallpapers in it, that would be awesome. That is beyond my capabilities right now though.

speedogg410

Jul 23, 2009
baltimore
question to those that have it ...are there settings in this lwp like change background or maybe the color of the eye ..or what i see is what i get from the pic shown

ccunningham83

Feb 13, 2009
Dallas
This is probably a newbie question, but if I load up this APK, how do I get back my original live wallpapers? I use the HTC Droid Incredible, btw.

Try this

Code:
adb remount

adb pull /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk LiveWallpapers.apk

That will pull your old Live wallpapers. Put those where you can find them later and put the new LiveWallpaper.apk in your <sdk>/tools folder (because you can't have two files with the same name in the same directory).

Then proceed as directed in the first post.

question to those that have it ...are there settings in this lwp like change background or maybe the color of the eye ..or what i see is what i get from the pic shown

No settings. Just the option to save it. You can probably change the back ground though by pulling apart the .apk

** EDIT **

Okay, so I tried opening the apk and replacing the droid_bg.jpg only to find out whatever I replace it with comes up as a blank white screen (I even sized it to the odd 1025x1025 size the old one was even though both of them had large white areas in the .jpg). If anybody else wants to give it a try, I am attaching the wallpaper I was trying to use. It is the default regular wallpaper from the Droid X

Last edited:

eolsgaard

Jun 17, 2010
Try this

Code:
adb remount

adb pull /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk LiveWallpapers.apk

That will pull your old Live wallpapers. Put those where you can find them later and put the new LiveWallpaper.apk in your <sdk>/tools folder (because you can't have two files with the same name in the same directory).

Then proceed as directed in the first post.

I'm a total newbie, so I haven't rooted yet. I don't think I'm considered a "power user" yet, so I didn't want to accidentally brick my phone. I came over from blackberry, so I'm still getting used to this new system. Soon enough I'll be getting my hands dirty with this rooting business.

Anyways, I don't have the ability to pull the original Live Wallpapers... would it be possible for someone else to pull theirs, and post the APK online for me? I've been using "AppInstaller" to implement all of the APK's I've downloaded. Just been playing around with the Galaxy S LWPs. If it's a hassle, don't worry about it. I'll figure root soon enough.

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way!!

Legacystar

Dec 29, 2009
Can someone upload a version thats not .apk so i can download it on my phone, im at work

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
standalone version

Credit to ccunningham83 for posting this.

Standalone version

This is what I did:
decompiled,
changed the package and app name,
removed LWPs that install by default,
rebuilt,
signed

updates:
1)removed unnecessary images too, file size now 1.1MB
2)added Blue, Cyan, Green and Golden eyes!
3)added a blue eye version with alternate background.
4) 7/15/10, added grey version by request.
5) 8/30/10, by request added a red version with black background. No smoke.
6) 9/15/2010, by request added a new red version with the smoked grey background
7) 1/20/2011, green eye with colored smoke

Screenshots:
2K1Zj.png
yCLLa.png
YMjlT.png
tpwrv.png
FVFZm.png
rTuu4.png
X334L.png

To uninstall:
Code:
adb uninstall com.android.wallpaperx

APK attached, install as normal.
MediaFire Links:
[blue] [cyan] [gold] [green] [red] [blue-alternate bg]
[grey]
[red-greybg]
[green-colored smoke bg]

Here is a video by myghtymouse19 showing all versions on an EVO:

Attachments

• LiveWallpapersDroidX-BLUEEYE-signed.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,557
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-CYANEYE-signed.apk
    1 MB · Views: 6,394
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-GOLDENEYE-signed.apk
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 2,215
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-GREENEYE-signed.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,763
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-REDEYE-signed.apk
    964.9 KB · Views: 7,437
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-BLUEEYE_BG1-signed.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 5,793
  • LiveWallpapersDroidX-GREY-signed.apk
    832.7 KB · Views: 2,987
Last edited:

jamisonfitz

Apr 29, 2010
Fort Walton Beach
I had issues trying to remount so copied the file to the root of SD then used Root Explorer to copy and paste as R/W into /system/apps/ then click on the the apk and install it... then youll have it. Also even though you overwrite the default wallpapers, this file is the default wallpapers file with one file added the droid x eye lwp, thats all... so your not loosing anything.

paulosman

May 1, 2007
East Cowes, Isle Of Wight
Brilliant work guys, especially britoso.

Just adding that this also works fine on the Desire. I just used Astro to install britoso's .apk and it worked fine. It even kept all my current Live Wallpapers and just added DROID X to them.

Hope no-one minds but I made a post in the Desire forum pointing to this thread to share the love!

Thanks again,
Oz