[HOWTO] Step by step tutorial to getting psx4droid to work...

Search This thread

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
Hi guys I just saw that psx4droid is out in the market! Hooray! :D

But I saw my friend had some problems getting it set up and wanted to make it easier for other newbies so I figured I would do a step by step tutorial of how my friend got it working for his Nexus One.

Step 1: Download psx4droid in the android market (search psx and it will come up)

Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer via usb and create a folder where you will place your Bios file and Roms (SDcard -> then create a new folder PSXoid)

Step 3: google the term scph1001.bin and download the file

Step 4: place the scph1001.bin file in the newly created folder PSXoid

Now comes the tricky part with the roms since most of them have a wierd ECM file type that wont be recognized by your emulator; dont worry you just need to convert the file type to bin so the emulator can recognize it :)

Step 5: go to http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/ECM and download ECM under the Windows section of the page and extract the UNECM portion of the EMC download to the desktop

Step 6: grab the Rom in ECM format from the desktop and place it into the UNECM file now on the desktop, it will start making a copy of the Rom with the correct file type and will pull up a small black screen showing you that it is converting it to the correct format with a percentage ticking away to 100%

Step 7: now that you have the PSX Rom in the correct bin format, you can place it in the newly created PSXoid folder and your emulator will now be able to see it!

Step 8: unplug phone from USB and open psx4droid app

Step 9: Use the top portion of the settings to search for and select scph1001.bin as the bios file to use (It's easy to find since you know its in the PSXoid folder)

Step 10: Once you have selected the bios file you will be promted to find a rom that you want to use. You will now be able to see the rom and play it on your psx4droid emulator!

Enjoy =)

***Just a few tidbits in case people were wondering my friend is not rooted and this guide is for educational purposes only. Downloading illegal roms can get you in trouble and don't do it unless you have the original game you purchase.

EDIT: On Droid Forums a user by the name of Titan posted this comment when he was confused by step 6 ------ "Ah I got it working now, I get the .7z or .zip roms I downloaded, and I keep opening up the main folders/.zips until I get to a file called data.bin.ecm. Then I drag that to unecm. It seems that the "data.bin.ecm" is the game in all that mess. "

Last edited:

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
i havent checked the link since im browsing on my phone in a bad reception area but in that link you provided, is there a download for the Mac OS version of that program?

ap3604

Feb 20, 2010
i havent checked the link since im browsing on my phone in a bad reception area but in that link you provided, is there a download for the Mac OS version of that program?

No... but that's ok since people who buy apple products should be punished and are used to being prevented from using emulators anyways ;)

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
okay for the few mac users, i have found the ECM program. at least i think this is it. correct me if im wrong. go to http://www.neillcorlett.com/ecm/ and select the Mac port version

**edit: i got it to work!! this is soooo awesome!! lol :D**

Last edited:

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Just giving you a hard time brotha ;)

I was going to refund it as well until I figured out how it works. Guess Mac users have to figure out another work around though.

hey man if u dont mind, can u put the link i provided for any mac users that could be on the forum? could help some others out too :)

Rejusu

Jul 9, 2010
Was hoping this would help but it doesn't seem to be applicable to the problems I'm having. I have a working bios and working game ISO's (tested under ePSXe on the PC) but nothing works on my phone. Just get a black screen. Tried turning sound off and framerate down but it doesn't help. Tried both PAL bios and PAL games as well as NTSC bios and an NTSC game. Running on an unrooted HTC Desire.

Might return it if it's as a lame duck as it seems.

_Opiate_

Jun 1, 2010
I've been waiting for this to drop ever since the news first leaked. I can't wait to get some final fantasy rolling on the Nexus. That's a good way to kill some time.

Renegade_Rulez

Mar 21, 2006
Crash Bandicoot and Ridge Racer run great on my Motorola Milestone oc-ed to 1.2Ghz :) Even Silent Hill if you have some patience to let it pass the Konami logo, just white squares around the characters like I have seen in a lot of PSX emus...

UNICORN025

Jun 28, 2009
i dont remember but i think if you go to psp hacks you can get a prog that will rip your cd and then turn it into a eboot.pbp i have several that i have done back in my psp hacking days and they seem to work, crash bandicoot,resident evil, those that dont work so far has been syphon filter all of them and metal gear. going to try grand torsimo and a few other during the week. these all work on my hack psp. 0000000000000 popstation i think is the name of the program i use.

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Can someone please help me with this, specially step 6. It states:

"grab the Rom in ECM format from the desktop and place it into the UNECM file now on the desktop, it will start making a copy of the Rom with the correct file type and will pull up a small black screen showing you that it is converting it to the correct format with a percentage ticking away to 100%"

I downloaded ECM 100 from the site. I then unzipped it and I got the following files: uncem (Application), uncem.c (c file), readme, gpl, format, ecm (Application) and ecm.c (c file).

So what do I do now? Do I place the "format txt file" into the UNECM App file or what...I'm totally lost on this step.

Thanks

accinfo

Jun 24, 2010
Can someone please help me with this, specially step 6. It states:

"grab the Rom in ECM format from the desktop and place it into the UNECM file now on the desktop, it will start making a copy of the Rom with the correct file type and will pull up a small black screen showing you that it is converting it to the correct format with a percentage ticking away to 100%"

I downloaded ECM 100 from the site. I then unzipped it and I got the following files: uncem (Application), uncem.c (c file), readme, gpl, format, ecm (Application) and ecm.c (c file).

So what do I do now? Do I place the "format txt file" into the UNECM App file or what...I'm totally lost on this step.

Thanks

same issue, which uncem are you referring to?

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
same issue, which uncem are you referring to?

I don't know..that's where I'm lost. I don't know if I'm suppose to place the format.txt file into the uncem (app) file or the uncem.c (c file).

The instructions are a little vague. Hopefully someone can post and give somemore insight into these instructions.

Last edited:

UNICORN025

Jun 28, 2009
for those who own psp or ps3 you can buy those psx/psp they will work with the emu the one i have have work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys I just saw that psx4droid is out in the market! Hooray! :D

But I saw my friend had some problems getting it set up and wanted to make it easier for other newbies so I figured I would do a step by step tutorial of how my friend got it working for his Nexus One.

Step 1: Download psx4droid in the android market (search psx and it will come up)

Step 2: Connect your phone to your computer via usb and create a folder where you will place your Bios file and Roms (SDcard -> then create a new folder PSXoid)

Step 3: google the term scph1001.bin and download the file

Step 4: place the scph1001.bin file in the newly created folder PSXoid

Now comes the tricky part with the roms since most of them have a wierd ECM file type that wont be recognized by your emulator; dont worry you just need to convert the file type to bin so the emulator can recognize it :)

Step 5: go to http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/ECM and download ECM under the Windows section of the page and extract the UNECM portion of the EMC download to the desktop

Step 6: grab the Rom in ECM format from the desktop and place it into the UNECM file now on the desktop, it will start making a copy of the Rom with the correct file type and will pull up a small black screen showing you that it is converting it to the correct format with a percentage ticking away to 100%

Step 7: now that you have the PSX Rom in the correct bin format, you can place it in the newly created PSXoid folder and your emulator will now be able to see it!

Step 8: unplug phone from USB and open psx4droid app

Step 9: Use the top portion of the settings to search for and select scph1001.bin as the bios file to use (It's easy to find since you know its in the PSXoid folder)

Step 10: Once you have selected the bios file you will be promted to find a rom that you want to use. You will now be able to see the rom and play it on your psx4droid emulator!

Enjoy =)

***Just a few tidbits in case people were wondering my friend is not rooted and this guide is for educational purposes only. Downloading illegal roms can get you in trouble and don't do it unless you have the original game you purchase.

EDIT: On Droid Forums a user by the name of Titan posted this comment when he was confused by step 6 ------ "Ah I got it working now, I get the .7z or .zip roms I downloaded, and I keep opening up the main folders/.zips until I get to a file called data.bin.ecm. Then I drag that to unecm. It seems that the "data.bin.ecm" is the game in all that mess. "
    unpack with 7zip

7-zip.org

winrar can also unpack them
    Black Screen then back to menu problem

Seems like a lot of people are getting the problem of a brief black screen and then back to the menu again. I can't believe that this problem hasn't been identified and resolved yet. Surely somebody out there knows what is going on?

EDIT: thanks to buradd I can confirm that PSX4droid v3.0.0 and up doesn't play nice with some custom roms. Reverting to v2 1.1.0 works fine. Just google "PSX4droid v2 1.1.0" and you'll find a copy.

Sorry for the not linking, I can't post outside links yet.
    Here's how you get it working on CM7 2.3

Ok guys, i seriously read all 25 pages of this thread and FINALLY got it working on my Samsung Captivate (galaxy s) on my cyanogen mod 7 2.3 build.

IF YOU GET THE CHOOSE ROM BLACK SCREEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER CHOOSING THE ROM THIS IS THE FIX (at least for cm7 2.3 people)

but who knows this might help others.

1. download and install psx4droid v2 1.1.0
    2. download and place anywhere on your sd the scph1001.bin BIOS file (mine was 512kb)
    3. get a rom, if its a .zip, unzip somewhere.
    3a. if you have a .cue and a .7zip, open the .7zip with the free open source 7zip software and drag the game.bin.ecm file into a folder. ignore the .cue.
    4. look up unecm, download the pack, open the folder and youll see UNECM.exe
    5. drag your game.bin.ecm file literally on top of the UNECM.exe, a dos command prompt will pop up with a % in progress and it extracts the finished game.bin file in the SAME folder your game.bin.ecm was.
    6. copy that game.bin you just made onto a folder somewhere on your sd card.
    7. open psx4droid, point it to the scph1001.bin BIOS file, then point it to a rom you just copied.
    8. PLAY!! :D

Now I'm playing FFVII happily and it runs great! :cool:

hope these steps help someone.
    So I've been playing ff7 for a bit now but here and there psx4droid force closes on me, its not a particular part of the game its random. Any ideas?

try FPSE.

much better then PSX4Droid.

FF VII works well.