[UPDATED-06-APR-2011] New XAP installer, in-place app update, no dev tool and more...

Search This thread

saywa

Oct 4, 2010
hi

this is a great tool

but it SHOULD have a progress bar
this would be awesome ;D

This Tool does not working on my Windows XP
corecon2 was installed succesfully

on start it says unable to start
on target it says updating and nothing happens

On my windows 7 pc with developer tools works flawless
i can easily select my device and deploy without fails !

EDIT : Solution for win xp : i installed W.I.N.C.O's selfmade mini wpsdk
looks like it works now
progress bar, go for it ;D

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
@Abd654: Please read the stickies, at least the first post or even just the suject lines. You need interop-unlock to install apps with ID_CAP_INTEROPSERVICES. This has nothing to do with the tool you use to deploy the app.

Sig. Gargiulo

Aug 1, 2008
I've installed the "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file but i continue to receive this error:

Connecting to device...

Deployment FAILED with the following ERROR:
0x89731811

What's wrong?

I unlocked my Optimus 7 with the INTEROP guide Mango but I don't know how to verify that everything gone ok...ony tips?

Thanx :)

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

...and, with Zune opened the error is:

Connecting to device...

0x89731812

Thanx again :)

Last edited:

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
Not working for me either...

Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.

Zune is running and has detected the phone. The phone is unlocked and sitting at the start screen. Why isn't it working?

Leapo

Jan 15, 2011
Been struggling with this for ages now. Finally decided to just junk it and install the Windows Phone dev tools (so I could use Microsoft's app deployer). I tried the app deployer from this thread one more time before deleting it... suddenly, it works!

I went ahead and uninstalled the Windows Phone dev tools... and the app deployer from this thread immediately stopped working again.

The first post in this thread says the dev tools aren't required. What gives?

seiferflo

Dec 26, 2011
Nice work but it's not working for me:
Failed to connect to the device. Ensure that the device is completely booted and is connected to the PC.
- Omnia 7 unlocked via WindowsBreak project
- CoreConInstall2 installed
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu installed
- Zune launched and Omnia 7 recognized (wifi sync disabled)
- Phone homescreen unlocked
- I tried to reboot the phone and PC dozens of time,
- I disabled the bluetooth, wifi, and non useful stuff,
- I changed from one usb port to another and delete all drivers via usbdeview
- Re-installed Zune
- Re-installed Microsoft Framework v4

What else? Please? I'm running Win7-Pro_x64 SP1
Thanks in advance

cinciopillo

Apr 13, 2010
Bergamo
Same error

Phone Dev Tools -> no

- CoreCon2Installer -> yes
- vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip installed? -> yes
- Which operating system? -> win 7
- 32/64 bit? -> 64 bit

- Samsung Omnia W unlocked

Deployment started WP7 Root Tools
Connecting to device...

0x89731812

reslan_912

Sep 18, 2010
chelyabinsk
hey plz any help ....i reformatted my PC ...installed Net 4.0....zune 4.8...i used to able to deploy apps without any problem before ....now i cant ...it says class is not registered ...any help ... i searched its about dll...but in my case how to fix it?

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Did you install the WP7 SDK? If not, did you try re-installing this tool? Even tools that claim to not need the SDK often have a dependency on some part of it (which might be left over after uninstalling the SDK, but won't be present on a system that never installed it at all).

Reactions: reslan_912

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Give the SDK a try. If it doesn't fix the problem, you're at worst out some time (the download is free). You could also try using the official XAP deployment tool (included with the SDK) and seeing if it works any better.

If the SDK does it for you and re-installing this app didn't, please write a clear bug report (meaning full error messages, etc. "....now i cant ...it says class is not registered ...any help ... i searched its about dll..." is not even close to adequate) so that author and improve the app.

Actually, you really ought to do that anyway. Otherwise, you're not going to get anything except fairly generic troubleshooting solutions like "have you tried the official version?"

May 4, 2010
i have just flashed my samsung focus 1.3 with the new ROM that came out. The ROM itself is already unlocked and i can also install apps from "bazaar". I don't want to install the developer tools on my pc. I tried your software but i still get an error:

Deployment started @AppResLib.dll,-100
Connecting to device...

0x89731812

I also installed the add-in that you posted but it still won't work.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

reslan_912

Sep 18, 2010
chelyabinsk
cant download sdk man .,......cuz its about 600 mb ...and i have download rate 50 kb/s ......the problem is its not constant too ....sometimes ping is very high more than 1000 ms....the download will cut ....so am wondering why it worked before ? i have netframe work 3.5 sp1...upgraded to 4.0 ...have silverlight ....i think its dll problem ...

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
AWESOME installer the only one that worked for me thanks a ton mate anly one request in your next release if you could include a feature where in it will show the installation progress it will be really nice apps which are more than 100 mb take upto 30 mins to install is this normal

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
Apparently this depends on your sd card. If you've got the right one it's a lot faster.

Sent from my TBD Runny 3.6 themed

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
I had the same connection problems as many described here previously. My system is Windows 7 Professional 64bit. Then I gave up and istalled Windows Phone Developer Tools and the connection issues were gone.

However I have no other use for any tools that came with it, besides XAP deployment. I really would like to uninstal everything that I can as it instals so much unnecessary things for me.

Can you guys help and tell me which parts I can uninstal? I tried to uninstal the whole package (test if it leaves something behind that would keep XapDeployX working), but it stopped working also.

Thanks a lot.

EDIT: I installed CoreCon2 and vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip without any help in the connection issues.

Attachments

• programs.JPG
    programs.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please download XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip, it is the latest and greatest version

If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.

Hi,

attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.

- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 1.0.0.0 of an app installed on the phone and install 1.0.2.0 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)

- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!

- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.

- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.

img1ln.png

To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.

wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)

img2a.png

After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.

This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.

Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011

+ Full Log
    + Multiple tweaks, bugfixes

img3f.png

Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011

+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment! [*]
    + Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.

[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.

Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011

+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
    + XAP-Information is show much faster now
    + CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer

img4t.png

Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011

+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
    + Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.

img5.png

General Prerequisits
    - Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
    - Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
    - Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP

Regards,
    -k
    Error: Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images\WM701C.en-US.bin'
    Oh, I was just to lazy to do any fixes for the emulator. Primary target was device deployment. To fix that one you have to modifiy %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Phone Tools\CoreCon\10.0\addons\ImageConfig.en-US.xsl. Search for WM701C.en-US.bin in there, and replace it with the correct path.

No problem to give you the source. I have written the smallest possible abstraction around the CoreConServer Interface using the primary interop provided by Microsoft. I will provide this part of the source asap. The code is obfuscated as there is a lot more included than currently visible from the front-end.
    You need to add a reference to Microsoft.VisualStudio.DeviceConnectivity.Interop.10.0.dll and embed interop types (that's why my tool uses .net 4 :rolleyes:)

-k
    @JamesAllen: You might ask the guy from post #36 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12635636&postcount=36). I did try the tool with WindowsXP but didn't get it working. The guy from that posts somehow did.

@phsa: No idea if there is something special about the HD2. The vs_sdeprokughtup-enu.zip actually is the phone dev tools (or, to get it correct, it is the part of the dev tools which allows the connection to the phone).
    It is important to install 1.) CoreCon2 and 2.) vs-sde.... otherwise some interfaces might get changed.

-k
    Don't think I can help here. Actually I don't even suffer from this problem as I've just successfully uploaded a 85MB xap to my Nodo Samsung Omnia 7.

If you look at the last Developer Tools Fix from Microsoft, which extended the XAP size from 65MB to 225MB you'll see that they've patched TcpConnectionC.dll on the pc. Someone with read/write access to their HTC should try to replace the on-device files with the corresponding local files found in %PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Common Files\microsoft shared\CoreCon\1.0\Target\wce400. Don't know if that might work.

regards,
    -k
    wAppStore 0.9.7. install, store, search XAP (7.0-7.5)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1245206

Please "heroic testers" reveal me results and experience with the application here or to wincotv@gmail.com to improve our applications.
    Thanks.