[MOD] Theme Fix for DL09 and observations

Search This thread

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
I've been using DL09 since it's initial release thanks to Adynalyne on IRC. One of the first things to note is it will break most themes out there. If the theme you are using adds Power Options to the reboot menu, then your phone will not boot if you flash that theme onto DL09. I have simply reapplied that mod to the DL09 framework to fix this issue.

Flash this AFTER you flash a DJ05 theme that uses Power Options, it will fix the theme and make it work with DL09.

Theme Fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?2d3bs639daggjz7 ONLY FOR DL09 USERS

Other mods such as Accurate Battery do not break your phones boot, and any mods to Services.jar (such as clock removal) also will not break your phones boot.

Now for my other observations with DL09, I see no major improvement from DJ05. Other than it breaking DJ05 themes, there is only ONE improvement I noticed. If you are listening to music with headphones and the Samsung Music Player, when you unplug your headphones the music player will stop, a much appreciated addition. Other than that, functions just like DJ05.

Enjoy DL09, and with the fix, enjoy your favorite theme with it ^^.

EDIT: For those having issues with Mediafire I have re-uploaded it as an attachment.

Last edited:

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Perhaps a stupid question, but will this work with the Super Dark rom? Link below. I just want to make sure I don't screw up my phone now that I've went through all the hassle of adding DL09 and reinstalling all my applications.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871198

Keep in mind, Super Dark ROM is exactly what it says it is, a ROM, and a DJ05 ROM at that. If you went through the hassle of going to DL09, I would not suggest flashing the Super Dark ROM as that'll put you back to DJ05 system. I would suspect that flashing the DL09 Theme Fix on top of a DJ05 system is a very bad idea. You can find separately the Super Dark theme, which would probably be a better idea :).

Neuman.Tim

Oct 26, 2010
Santa Barbara
Keep in mind, Super Dark ROM is exactly what it says it is, a ROM, and a DJ05 ROM at that. If you went through the hassle of going to DL09, I would not suggest flashing the Super Dark ROM as that'll put you back to DJ05 system. I would suspect that flashing the DL09 Theme Fix on top of a DJ05 system is a very bad idea. You can find separately the Super Dark theme, which would probably be a better idea :).

+1

SCH-I500 - DL09/Deodexed/JT1134 12.30/Darkstar

ktez

Sep 30, 2010
For some reason, I can't get the download to work. When I click on where is says "Click here to download" on the Mediafire page it takes me to a page that says "error - forbidden you must log in to view this page" and then like 2 or 3 other pages pop up with really weird stuff on them. What am I doing wrong?

kenesis

Jan 2, 2011
Dear CrushD,
The music has stopped playing when the headphones are unplugged since the dj05 update. I've been enjoying this feature for a while in the car.

dspanos

Mar 13, 2008
I can't download this either. Mediafire says it's preparing the download and it never pops up. Any help or mirrors would be greatly appreciated!

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Dear CrushD,
The music has stopped playing when the headphones are unplugged since the dj05 update. I've been enjoying this feature for a while in the car.

Weird, maybe it depends on the ROM, because it didn't for me, and my friend is still on DJ05 and it doesn't for him either. I was talking about the Samsung Music Player, I've heard other music players were already doing it.

Edit: Actually I am back to DJ05 right now, feel there's still some issues to be ironed out with DL09, and yes pulling headphones does NOT stop the Samsung Music Player in DJ05, it is new to DL09.

Last edited:
Reactions: joebob2000

joebob2000

Nov 9, 2010
Weird, maybe it depends on the ROM, because it didn't for me, and my friend is still on DJ05 and it doesn't for him either. I was talking about the Samsung Music Player, I've heard other music players were already doing it.

Edit: Actually I am back to DJ05 right now, feel there's still some issues to be ironed out with DL09, and yes pulling headphones does NOT stop the Samsung Music Player in DJ05, it is new to DL09.

I am using the DJ05 music player in the JT super clean .9 rom and it indeed does stop the music on headphone removal. This was a feature called out in the "release notes" of DJ05 too: "12) If you unplug a wired headset or turning off a Bluetooth headset while playing music the music will now pause"

CrushD

Sep 11, 2010
Ahh I don't remember that well, but I'm guessing then that I flashed JT's clean DJ05 then I put the DI01 Samsung Player in my system and using it the whole time as is, because my DJ05 didn't do it -.-.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been using DL09 since it's initial release thanks to Adynalyne on IRC. One of the first things to note is it will break most themes out there. If the theme you are using adds Power Options to the reboot menu, then your phone will not boot if you flash that theme onto DL09. I have simply reapplied that mod to the DL09 framework to fix this issue.

Flash this AFTER you flash a DJ05 theme that uses Power Options, it will fix the theme and make it work with DL09.

Theme Fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?2d3bs639daggjz7 ONLY FOR DL09 USERS

Other mods such as Accurate Battery do not break your phones boot, and any mods to Services.jar (such as clock removal) also will not break your phones boot.

Now for my other observations with DL09, I see no major improvement from DJ05. Other than it breaking DJ05 themes, there is only ONE improvement I noticed. If you are listening to music with headphones and the Samsung Music Player, when you unplug your headphones the music player will stop, a much appreciated addition. Other than that, functions just like DJ05.

Enjoy DL09, and with the fix, enjoy your favorite theme with it ^^.

EDIT: For those having issues with Mediafire I have re-uploaded it as an attachment.
    Im using the superdark theme and it works fine......as long as you apply the dl09 theme fix.
    Dear CrushD,