[ROM][LEAK]EI03 HC 3.2 TouchWiz UX leak build for VZW Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE ONLY!!!

Search This thread

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Noob in training here. I don't mind trying any/all of this, but you're talking a language I don't understand. Are these things I can find and download/install?? I have pershoot's OC kernel installed.

Sorry about that. Here you go: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276 This link will explain what they are and it has a link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021 for 2 of the scripts (supercharger, kickasskernelizer) that I mentioned. Here is the link for the zipalign mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1266735 I suggest learning these because they rock and will make your devices fly!

Last edited:
Reactions: Psean

roggrat

Dec 7, 2007
Houston
Finally

Ok im finally happy to see this up. I've been running the touchwiz for the P-710 or something however no modem just wifi but now I can do it the right way. I have never goten odin to work right. I can get the device into odin mode but it never downloads from the pc, can someone tell me what drivers I need for once the tab is in odin mode. Thanks

eXiled Killah

Jul 26, 2011
Ok im finally happy to see this up. I've been running the touchwiz for the P-710 or something however no modem just wifi but now I can do it the right way. I have never goten odin to work right. I can get the device into odin mode but it never downloads from the pc, can someone tell me what drivers I need for once the tab is in odin mode. Thanks

Ok. Not to be a pain in the arse, but need a little more info on this one. Do you mean that when you open ODIN program on your PC and put the tablet in odin mode, the ODIN program doesn't give you a little yellow COM info box or do you mean that when you connected your tablet to the computer it's searching for drivers but never installs correctly?

I had the "correct" drivers from Samsung support for my VZW LTE, but for whatever reason they wouldn't support ODIN connection to my PC. When I installed Kies on top of those other drivers everything fell into place and ODIN started working... for me.

@kidserious: I'm at work right now. I saw your reply post futher up. Thanks for the info. Will definitely look into it once I get home.

Last edited:

roggrat

Dec 7, 2007
Houston
Ok. Not to be a pain in the arse, but need a little more info on this one. Do you mean that when you open ODIN program on your PC and put the tablet in odin mode, the ODIN program doesn't give you a little yellow COM info box or do you mean that when you connected your tablet to the computer it's searching for drivers but never installs correctly?

I had the "correct" drivers from Samsung support for my VZW LTE, but for whatever reason they wouldn't support ODIN connection to my PC. When I installed Kies on top of those other drivers everything fell into place and ODIN started working... for me.

@kidserious: I'm at work right now. I saw your reply post futher up. Thanks for the info. Will definitely look into it once I get home.

You are the ****! sorry arse reference couldn't help it :) thanks though, that worked. I havent gotten this thing to do Odin since I got it 3 months ago I just thought i purchased a dud. So I've been relying on the update.zip methods whick aren't readily available.

Thanks again

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Had a bit of an issue flashing in Odin but once I figured out it was a USB port issue (wouldn't flash while connected to my hub or to a USB 3.0 port) things went smoothly.

As I anticipated scripts run upon flashing that ill essentially wipe the device clean to a fresh out of the box setup, so NOOBS BEWARE - MAKE BACKUPS.

Everything went smoothly per the original post and I'm now on pershoots kernel with all my apps and settings restored via Titanium Backup. Since I'm using ADW Launcher everything's about the same and I haven't had the time to go through the other things that have been described (Supercharger script, zipalign script, kickasskernelizer script).

Everything's running fine for me as is and I'm wondering what the other scripts will do.

Gotta say though, I much prefer the new status bar look, the font of the clock and the addition of the screenshot button are great as are the shortcuts to turn on/off wifi/gps/mute/autorotation (no longer need my Extended Controls widget).

Anyone know how to either get rid of that little app tray on the status bar or customize it? I've been using Wizz Bar up until now and prefer it since it comes up instantly without transitions wasting time and it's also easier to customize. I'm game for using the built in shortcut tray if there's a way to edit it rather than remove and use Wizz Bar.

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Had a bit of an issue flashing in Odin but once I figured out it was a USB port issue (wouldn't flash while connected to my hub or to a USB 3.0 port) things went smoothly.

As I anticipated scripts run upon flashing that ill essentially wipe the device clean to a fresh out of the box setup, so NOOBS BEWARE - MAKE BACKUPS.

Everything went smoothly per the original post and I'm now on pershoots kernel with all my apps and settings restored via Titanium Backup. Since I'm using ADW Launcher everything's about the same and I haven't had the time to go through the other things that have been described (Supercharger script, zipalign script, kickasskernelizer script).

Everything's running fine for me as is and I'm wondering what the other scripts will do.

Gotta say though, I much prefer the new status bar look, the font of the clock and the addition of the screenshot button are great as are the shortcuts to turn on/off wifi/gps/mute/autorotation (no longer need my Extended Controls widget).

Anyone know how to either get rid of that little app tray on the status bar or customize it? I've been using Wizz Bar up until now and prefer it since it comes up instantly without transitions wasting time and it's also easier to customize. I'm game for using the built in shortcut tray if there's a way to edit it rather than remove and use Wizz Bar.

OK, maybe having an idiot moment here: do you mean the bar on the bottom that displays apps when you touch the arrow in the middle?

Meh

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
OK, maybe having an idiot moment here: do you mean the bar on the bottom that displays apps when you touch the arrow in the middle?

Meh

Yep that's the one, first time I've ever seen it. Carrot symbol in the center of the screen just above the dock connector when in landscape mode. Tapping it brings up an app tray that appears to me to not be customizable though admittedly I haven't gone looking in settings or elsewhere other than failed long presses on the bar.

eXiled Killah

Jul 26, 2011
Sorry about that. Here you go: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276 This link will explain what they are and it has a link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18703418&postcount=5021 for 2 of the scripts (supercharger, kickasskernelizer) that I mentioned. Here is the link for the zipalign mod: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1266735 I suggest learning these because they rock and will make your devices fly!

Ok. So I have to say that loading up supercharger made a noticeable difference, but what really did the trick was zipalign. Huge improvement for me. I'm still fooling around with some of the settings for supercharger, but overall it's pretty nice. I can live with this until we get some ice cream love;) Thanks again for all the help.

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Ok. So I have to say that loading up supercharger made a noticeable difference, but what really did the trick was zipalign. Huge improvement for me. I'm still fooling around with some of the settings for supercharger, but overall it's pretty nice. I can live with this until we get some ice cream love;) Thanks again for all the help.

No problem. Glad you got around
to it because those mods will really speed things up. That's what liquidspeed has....well, not the kickasskernelizer, but everything else.

Meh

MadhouseMedic

Jun 23, 2010
Chicago
This may be a bit of a noobish question and please don't think i'm being selfish. I really appreciate the effort to make this come through for the LTE tab.

Is there anyway of making this into a flashable zip? Odin just won't cooperate with my computer and on top of it i left my USB cable at home and i am stuck at the firehouse for 48 hours. I'd really love to flash this today though.

Thanks everyone!!

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
This may be a bit of a noobish question and please don't think i'm being selfish. I really appreciate the effort to make this come through for the LTE tab.

Is there anyway of making this into a flashable zip? Odin just won't cooperate with my computer and on top of it i left my USB cable at home and i am stuck at the firehouse for 48 hours. I'd really love to flash this today though.

Thanks everyone!!

Pretty sure that won't work. You can't flash a modem or bootloaders via cwm recovery. With the new kernel in 3.2, you're gonna get new modems drivers and I don't know if they will be compatible with the old radio.

Meh

Last edited:

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
I really could use some help on this...I need step by step instructions....I don't know where to put the files in Odin...bootloader...? pda....? I've successfully rooted my tab on 3.1 and it's running great..but this is REALLY beyond me...any help here?

The linked EI03 tar file goes in PDA in Odin. And the other linked files come into play after you Odin the EI03 Leak tar file.

Meh

Last edited:

bimori

Jun 7, 2006
I get an error when turning on my portable wifi hot spot. Anyone else get this error?

muzzy996

Feb 4, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yes, wifi hotspot is broken for me as well. Took forever for it to error out but I'm unable to enable it. Oh well . . I'll live without it until an official release.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Instructions for flashing (as best as I can remember)

FIRST OFF I take no responsibility for you hosing your device. The instructions I'm providing SHOULD WORK, as they've worked for me. BACKUP ALL FILES on your tablet because IT WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED upon doing this procedure.

1. Download Odin. Recommend using a recent version like the one in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125282 , here's a direct download link to the attachment of that post: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=626253&d=1308155684

2. Download EACH of the 4 files linked in the OP of this thread. Place them all in a folder you can find. The files from the FIRST and THIRD link in the OP need to be UNZIPPED as they contain TAR files that you need to flash via Odin. Unzip them now to a location you'll remember.

3. Fire up Odin on your PC and plug your tablet into a USB port (recommend a standard USB 2.0 port that's directly on the machine, not a HUB and not 3.0).

4. Shut the tablet down.

5. Hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons until the recovery/download menu pops up. As soon as you see it let go, otherwise the tablet will shut down and restart. At this point the green android logo will be flashing.

6. Hit VOLUME DOWN. Following the next screen prompt you will hit VOLUME UP to get into download mode on the tablet.

7. Look at Odin on your computer and verify that you see one of the boxes on the screen turn YELLOW and showing a COM port number. If you do not see that, you need the proper drivers for your tablet. Easiest way to get that is to google for Kies and download and install Kies. Reboot the PC and then load up Odin again.

8. Once Odin is seeing your tablet in download mode (yellow box indicating a COM port) you're ready to begin. Click the PDA button in Odin and find your unzipped CI905_VZW_EI03_HC32TW_REL.tar file and open it.

9. Now click START button. Your tab should now start responding and showing progress of the download. Once it's complete let it restart.​

Congrats, you're now on bone stock Honeycomb 3.2 with Verizon's stock LTE ROM.

Before getting too far setting up your tab in 3.2, shut it down again and get back into download mode. This time, under PDA in Odin load in the recovery.tar.md5 file (unzipped from the third link in the OP). Click START and flash that.

You'll now have CWM recovery on your tab.

Restart the tablet again and let it boot into honeycomb. With it connected to your PC copy the pershoot kernel zip file (2nd link in OP) and the Superuser zip file (4th link in OP) to your tablet.

Shut the tablet down, power it up using POWER + VOLUME UP and this time hit VOLUME UP once the menu pops up to highlight recovery mode (left icon) and then hit VOLUME DOWN to enter recovery.

Use volume up/down to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" option, then hit POWER button. With "choose zip from sdcard" highlighted hit POWER again. Use VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate to one of the ZIP files you copied over. Select it using POWER (if it's in a folder, hit power on that folder to open the folder and then highlight the file and hit power again . . you get the idea). Scroll down to yes and hit power again.

Repeat the above for the other ZIP file. Once done restart the tablet and you'll now be on the latest pershoot kernel (as of 12/1/2011) and have superuser (root) access.

tallspawn

Apr 17, 2008
Loving this so far!!! My hotspot seems to be working fine...I have not applied anything but leaked rom at this point so maybe thats why. I bought this for work thinking anyconnect was going to work, I have been anxiously awaiting the touchwiz update so I can finally use it for its intended purpose. Sadly anyconnect still will not install even after the update, anyone have this workong on theirs?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using XDA App

Mar 10, 2009
how to back to custom rom 3.1

After try this release two day, now I want back to LightSpeed 3.1 custom ROM, how to do, please guide me! Thx

P/S: sorry for my bad English :)

kyo113

Sep 12, 2011
Last edited:
Reactions: phutboiroi_remix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS IS FOR THE 10.1 LTE tab only, NOT THE WI-FI VERSION!!! I've looked all around several forums and could not find this posted anywhere. I came across this through a friend who was kind enough to hook me up with some goodness. FIRST: I TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT FOR THIS LEAK. This did NOT come from some awesome source of mine, I simply stumbled across it and it's AWESOME! So, I thought I would pass on the goodness to whoever wanted it. This is a HoneyComb 3.2 TouchWiz UX EI03 leak build for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE. It is a factory Odin image tar file that is unrooted and bloated :( However, once you flash it, simply odin the recovery that is linked below (courtesy of Pershoot) and then in recovery, flash the new 3.0.7 Superuser zip that is also linked below (courtesy of Chains) and you will have root. When you flash the superuser zip the first time in recovery, you will probably get an error. Just flash it again and it should work. You will need 7zip or something similar to extract the tar files from the links below. I like this MUCH better than the HC 3.1 that came with my tab. If this helped you out or you like it or whatever, be sure to hit the thanks button! :)

***And for some awesome step by step instructions on how to flash this, refer to this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19901234&postcount=36 (Courtesy of Muzzy996, thanks bro!)***

HC 3.2 TW UX EI03 leak odin tar for the 10.1 LTE tab (no credit to me at all) - http://www.multiupload.com/EML345D42J <---------flash via ODIN!!!!!! But you must extract the tar file with 7zip or the like

Pershoot has also made an awesome OC kernel to go with this build: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2448 (Thanks Pershoot!)

CWM recovery 5.0.2.7 odin tar (Thanks Pershoot!) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20070269/recovery-cwm_5.0.2.7-sam-tab-10.1_lte_odin.tar-112611.zip

Superuser 3.0.7 cwm flashable zip (Thanks Chains!) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20070269/Superuser-3.0.7-efgh-signed.zip **You will also need to install busybox. There are a few free busybox installer apps on the market. Just make sure you install it to /system/xbin
    Yes, wifi hotspot is broken for me as well. Took forever for it to error out but I'm unable to enable it. Oh well . . I'll live without it until an official release.

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

Instructions for flashing (as best as I can remember)

FIRST OFF I take no responsibility for you hosing your device. The instructions I'm providing SHOULD WORK, as they've worked for me. BACKUP ALL FILES on your tablet because IT WILL BE COMPLETELY ERASED upon doing this procedure.

1. Download Odin. Recommend using a recent version like the one in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125282 , here's a direct download link to the attachment of that post: http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=626253&d=1308155684

2. Download EACH of the 4 files linked in the OP of this thread. Place them all in a folder you can find. The files from the FIRST and THIRD link in the OP need to be UNZIPPED as they contain TAR files that you need to flash via Odin. Unzip them now to a location you'll remember.

3. Fire up Odin on your PC and plug your tablet into a USB port (recommend a standard USB 2.0 port that's directly on the machine, not a HUB and not 3.0).

4. Shut the tablet down.

5. Hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons until the recovery/download menu pops up. As soon as you see it let go, otherwise the tablet will shut down and restart. At this point the green android logo will be flashing.

6. Hit VOLUME DOWN. Following the next screen prompt you will hit VOLUME UP to get into download mode on the tablet.

7. Look at Odin on your computer and verify that you see one of the boxes on the screen turn YELLOW and showing a COM port number. If you do not see that, you need the proper drivers for your tablet. Easiest way to get that is to google for Kies and download and install Kies. Reboot the PC and then load up Odin again.

8. Once Odin is seeing your tablet in download mode (yellow box indicating a COM port) you're ready to begin. Click the PDA button in Odin and find your unzipped CI905_VZW_EI03_HC32TW_REL.tar file and open it.

9. Now click START button. Your tab should now start responding and showing progress of the download. Once it's complete let it restart.​

Congrats, you're now on bone stock Honeycomb 3.2 with Verizon's stock LTE ROM.

Before getting too far setting up your tab in 3.2, shut it down again and get back into download mode. This time, under PDA in Odin load in the recovery.tar.md5 file (unzipped from the third link in the OP). Click START and flash that.

You'll now have CWM recovery on your tab.

Restart the tablet again and let it boot into honeycomb. With it connected to your PC copy the pershoot kernel zip file (2nd link in OP) and the Superuser zip file (4th link in OP) to your tablet.

Shut the tablet down, power it up using POWER + VOLUME UP and this time hit VOLUME UP once the menu pops up to highlight recovery mode (left icon) and then hit VOLUME DOWN to enter recovery.

Use volume up/down to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" option, then hit POWER button. With "choose zip from sdcard" highlighted hit POWER again. Use VOLUME UP/DOWN buttons to navigate to one of the ZIP files you copied over. Select it using POWER (if it's in a folder, hit power on that folder to open the folder and then highlight the file and hit power again . . you get the idea). Scroll down to yes and hit power again.

Repeat the above for the other ZIP file. Once done restart the tablet and you'll now be on the latest pershoot kernel (as of 12/1/2011) and have superuser (root) access.
    Link is up guys. You shouldn't have any problems with it, it worked fine for me.
    Hmm, on the fence now wondering if I should make the jump to 3.2 when Im already satisfied with how I have ADW launcher EX running in 3.1.
    Noob in training here. I don't mind trying any/all of this, but you're talking a language I don't understand. Are these things I can find and download/install?? I have pershoot's OC kernel installed.