[ROM]Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial Alpha[4.0.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
I think you are referring to the "SurfaceFlinger" wake lock. Well I got it loaded up and I'll do my little overnight test and see how it does. So far, it seems QUITE snappy. I noticed that both CPU's seem to be online so that might account for that. I'll see how it does at full clock and then turn it down tomorrow and see how it runs at 918 or so.

You got it man. Yes, ive noticed that too with system tuner. Both cores online. Do you think it has full hw acceleration on?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

jrun

Jun 17, 2010
Denver
Anyone know if there is a way to take a screen shot on CM9 or if you need to download an app ?

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
Fyi since you two know him. pstevep seems to have talked the master himself into getting a shooter (gsm but w/e)...

s0be

So, if all goes well, some truly amazing things could be coming to our kernels. Like maybe camera on aosp/ICS, maybe 3D, maybe 4g. Maybe I think too highly of him lol.

Feel free to make preemptive donations, he won't let me start a thread.

sobe was a beast during the heroc days but i thought he was out of the game

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
You got it man. Yes, ive noticed that too with system tuner. Both cores online. Do you think it has full hw acceleration on?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I don't think HWA has much to do with the kernel and I'm pretty sure adding a kernel to a rom that hasn't been built to take advantage of HWA will enable it but I don't know for sure, 100%. Right now, with both cores on, it's just fast, the old fashion way. :D

UM HOLY SHEEEETS! I just realize that Tiamat built in a TON of headspace (and we now have all those additional governers we have grown so used to) in this kernel. You can clock it as high as 1.9, even though it will instantly lock up and reboot your phone, looks like overclocking is back in effect. :eek: *Even though we definitely don't need it.

Last edited:

LiquidSolstice

Jan 17, 2008
I'm not having a single problem with his kernel. Been running it for over 3 hours now.

WHaaaat. Hm. I'll give it a shot later today then.

Grrr. I really badly want to try this but my phone is going to be mission critical for the next 4-5 hours. Does anyone else have serious battery drain with the current ROM, though? I was hoping the new kernel would fix it.

Last edited:

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
flashed tiamat latest kernel on hboot 1.40 tru flash gui and its all good

A$hr@j

Jan 13, 2012
Newton, MA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hmm.. this Rom is now killing my battery. I have deleted the bluetoothhd file too but still its killing. (Killing when compared to Joelz AOSP ICS rom)

Check the snapshot below.. went to sleep last night with around 95% and today morning its around 30%.

Guess I might have to jump to Joelz ICS AOSP beta since I used to easily get around 14-16 hours there.

Sent from E3D on ICS- CM9

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1329921316524.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1329921316524.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 403

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
Hmm.. this Rom is now killing my battery. I have deleted the bluetoothhd file too but still its killing. (Killing when compared to Joelz AOSP ICS rom)

Check the snapshot below.. went to sleep last night with around 95% and today morning its around 30%.

Guess I might have to jump to Joelz ICS AOSP beta since I used to easily get around 14-16 hours there.

give tiamat's new kernel a shot

Reactions: A$hr@j

ch1naski

Jun 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Fyi since you two know him. pstevep seems to have talked the master himself into getting a shooter (gsm but w/e)...

s0be

So, if all goes well, some truly amazing things could be coming to our kernels. Like maybe camera on aosp/ICS, maybe 3D, maybe 4g. Maybe I think too highly of him lol.

Are you f@cking kidding me? Woot!
s0be! Here comes the sloppy. ;)

Smartass with a Dumb phone.

PatrickHuey

May 27, 2010
Denton, Tx.
i hope so. im honestly hoping to see the camera working pretty soon over here. its the only thing that is holding me back from running this rom. ICS is just so nice.

ViViDboarder

Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA

s0be

toastcfh is still onboard with E3D dev, but the biggest holdup is some of the closed source userspace drivers for ICS. The kernel isn't really the issue. The good news is that when the preview ROM HTC has been talking about for the GSM Sensation drops, we could POSSIBLY pull from there.

A$hr@j

Jan 13, 2012
Newton, MA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just flashed Tiamat's ICS kernel...no bootlooping noted...seems smoother
tiamat-dev.com/shooter/

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

OK, pls help me out here.

I have boot 1.5 s-on, so I use flash GUI to flash tiamat's kernel. Then I go to recovery and flash the cm9 rom or do I need to do a full wipe or some other step before that.?

december.underground

Nov 5, 2006
upland
OK have been running tiamats kernel for a few hours and seem stable but I'll have to see If it fixes anything that was already broken.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D using XDA App

A$hr@j

Jan 13, 2012
Newton, MA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 to the HTC Evo 3D?, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:

Headset Work around:
    http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/downloads/detail?name=ToggleHeadset.apk

Other

Credits:
    Tripnraver
    Chad.goodman
    Preludrew
    Cayniarb
    Jayharper
    Cyanogenmod Team​

Bugs:
    Camera[Video/3d/etc]
    4G Wimax
    SDCard Mount To PC
    In call mute​

The CyanogenMod team would like you to know this is a Kang and to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    reserved for me

oh yes...phone gasm
    This is whack.. nothing seems to be working right... why would I take a perfectly functioning phone and switch to rom full of problems? I think i'll wait for official release from HTC there are too many bugs in this release. Thanks for nothing. Cyanogenmod always has crashes and bugs I think i'll use my bandwith somewhere else.

You need to find somewhere else to troll. I will not put up with this kind of bs at all.

---Jay---
    I just built cm9 from source :D

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App