sony smartwatch when?

Search This thread

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I don't think I will buy it anything really soon, but I can use it just as a watch if I turn off Bluetooth on phone due battery), or any other possible reason?

Sent from my X10 Mini Pro using Tapatalk

dirtymindedx

May 2, 2009
www.pcrepair36.com
Once you link one time you can turn off he bluetooth and it will still show the time when you double tap it. The question is does it shut off completely if it hasnt been linked with your phone for a few hours. I will try it tonight. Will leave bluetooth off on phone and see if i have to restart watch after a whole night of no connectivity.

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Once you link one time you can turn off he bluetooth and it will still show the time when you double tap it. The question is does it shut off completely if it hasnt been linked with your phone for a few hours. I will try it tonight. Will leave bluetooth off on phone and see if i have to restart watch after a whole night of no connectivity.

I see... Well, will wait for results then... Thanks for doing the test... Other questions: Does it stores data on it? I mean, it download and keep on memory the last messages/facebook/twitter/etc so I can see at least the last ones? And does it have a weather app (Sony or 3rd party one)? (And if it stores the data too)

dirtymindedx

May 2, 2009
www.pcrepair36.com
I see... Well, will wait for results then... Thanks for doing the test... Other questions: Does it stores data on it? I mean, it download and keep on memory the last messages/facebook/twitter/etc so I can see at least the last ones? And does it have a weather app (Sony or 3rd party one)? (And if it stores the data too)

Well if the watch is not linked to the phone you can't see any options on the watch except the time. So that has me believing that there isn't any on board storage. I think its like an extension of your phone on your wrist. I feel the best way to describe it is like remoting into your phone and looking at specific apps loaded on an app loader. Yes there is a weather app. I will do a small video sometime on Wednesday morning when I am off.

alaskajoel

Jan 24, 2012
I've been using the watch with my international Galaxy Note for a couple days now with great success. It's actually more handy than I thought it would be, but I do have some reservations.

First, I really wish there was a way for new emails / SMS messages to popup with the content of the message when first received. What it currently does when a SMS or email is received is vibrate, and then show the SMS or Gmail icon on the watch instead of showing the actual message. This means you have to double tap the screen and swipe the time away to actually see your new message. I have used the WIMM ONE, which just vibrates and shows the message as soon as it receives it, and it's much preferable. I would probably keep using the WIMM, except it doesn't provide email updates, and is ALWAYS disconnecting itself from my Note.

Second, I can't seem to get my google calendar to sync with the watch's calendar app, even though I've specified it in the settings. Any suggestions ya'll can lend would be appreciated. Otherwise this is a great little tool.

dirtymindedx

May 2, 2009
www.pcrepair36.com

FYI two hours with no bluetooth connection and the time still shows up after you tap the screen 2 times.

dirtymindedx

May 2, 2009
www.pcrepair36.com
Well just an fyi after 8 hours of Idle time the watch stayed on and I was able to see the time.

I had a rough time having the bluetooth pick the device back up after turning it back on. My Jawbone ERA headset had no issues re-linking. After 5 minutes of trying different things to get the Samsung to be seen by the watch I decided to un-pair and re-pair in the end and I got it up and running. This may be due to me not having an xperia. I have a feeling Sony didn't think anyone would not have this device linked to their phone 24 HRS a day so they didn't bother with this scenario.

Can someone with an XPERIA headset try this tonight and see whether they have the same issue after 8 hrs of the watch being on with no bluetooth connection. I have a slight feeling that the watch may forget who its attached to after 8 hrs of being on and having no bluetooth connection.

ash_c64

Aug 19, 2009
London
I have the xperia s connected to my watch. Had it disconnected for more the 8 hours from my phone, it connected straight away with my phone when i put the bluethooh back on my phone. it works really good with the xperia S

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
hey guys i have it connected to my evo 4g running cm7.1. when you guys receive a call, do you get the option to answer on the watch face . mine only shows mute or hang up. ive connected a bluetooth headset also with no success . other then that everything is working great

xerox89

Feb 11, 2011
Since you have a bluetooth headset , just answer the call from there .

Smart watch don have a microphone nor speaker , so its logic to doesnt have a pick up call option .

deviouskater

Jun 11, 2010
Yeah I know the Bluetooth can answer. In the manual it shows the answer icon. I'm just wondering why its not coming up. Do I need the xperia s to get that function. ? Does anybody see the answer icon

Sent from my Supersonic w/ CM7.1 using XDA Forum Premium

ash_c64

Aug 19, 2009
London
Yes I can answer my phone with the watch! But you can't talk just have to pick up the phone to talk.

system02

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,

I have the Smartwatch for a few days now and I'm mostly happy with it.

What I'm missing:

- ability to adjust vibration lenght and interval, the small short vibration for notification is not enough. It should be custom vibration and vibration repeat every X seconds/minutes
- ability to let the display blink for new notifications to see that that the watch wants something from you :)

Outcome

Feb 18, 2007
I got one of these and love it now that I know why it kept bugging out on me.

1. When you get it do not install every app out there it will make you disconnect on a regular basis.

2. This smartwatch does not store any apps it just replicates itself from your close-by phone. (not a tip but just a fact)

3. Just because you can display every app as a widget doesn't mean you should. I found my watch is really stable with just 1 or 2 widgets. (I have 21 apps on my watch and it works great with my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2)

List is as follows:
  • News Events
  • Messaging
  • Calendar Reminder
  • Missed Call
  • Facebook
  • Call Handling
  • Music Player
  • Weather
  • Find Phone
  • Mode Changer
  • Phone Book
  • twitter
  • Vfinder
  • TicTacToe
  • Swatch Beats (Useless)
  • Gmail Notifier
  • Notify Smartwatch (still trying to see what this does)
  • App Widget Display (works great to activate voice)
  • Phone Search (Buggy)
  • Manevi (Dunno but have it)
  • Presentation Pal (still haven't used)

4. Keep the damn charger cable in your car unless you walk often you never leave your car at home. This way its readily available when needed. Can't order the cable due to none in stock at Sony.

5. Carry an extra battery for your phone because your battery life will tank when you have your watch and Bluetooth headset tethered to your phone all day long.

Hope you enjoyed these quick tips!

How did you get the App Widget Display to activate voice search? I've tried everything! Can't get it to use the Google Search widget at all. Did you download a specific voice search activation widget?

I actually was going to sit down over the next few weeks or so and try and get something cooked up using to SDK for this very function. It's sorely needed

I'm looking for this one, and don't get it on Google play - App Widget Display

Order my smartwatch on expansys on 18.4 - got it on 19.4. Great!

Does anyone know if there is an APP or a widget for the watch to get an ALARM clock.
I would like to have a vibration alarm at a specific time! Anyone.

p.s.
100 times better than liveview ****.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand how, but I just received my SmartWatch (MN2) from MobileFun in the UK. Nobody has stock and MobileFun still say they don't have a confirmed release date...yet here I have one this morning delivered. I think what may have happened is that stores were given single units to display prior to the main release, and as MobileFun is an Internet retailer, they just passed it as normal stock! It was sealed and had never been used before.

Now I am not using it with a Sony phone. I have an HTC Evo 3D. Although it is working, I have hit 2 issues already

1) This phone is listed as compatible, but the email notifier does NOT work with HTC phones. All other apps, like text, calendar, call log, music player, weather , facebook and twitter do work fine.

2) If the bluetooth connection is interrupted for any reason, such as moving out of range, sometimes it does not resume correctly and the watch ends up in an infinite loop trying to reconnect to the phone. I have to kill the processes on the phone to reset this.

It installed a firmware update when I first installed the Liveware and Smartwatch application on the phone, so I am sure there will be further improvements for things like this in due course.

It says it includes a USB charger on some websites. It does not. It just includes a unique type of USB cable that you have to plug-in to a generic charger or computer.

The touchscreen works quite well, but the image is not that bright and there is a yellowyness to the colours. Swipe up to move to widgets, swipe down to move to app icons, swipe across to move between pages, and use two fingers to go back up a level! There is no speaker in the Smartwatch but it does vibrate. The screen resolution is adequate but limited.
    He's got one, and he's made a little video on it.
    You can do some great things with the watch, seems cool. Hopefully when more apps start to pour through it will get even better :)
    I tried the watch with an Xperia S vs my Evo 3D. It definitely works better on the Xperia with no dropouts and very stable connection.

However, interestingly, the phonebook app on the Evo 3D shows the photos of the contacts...but on the Xperia S the photos are not displaying...odd!
    I'm having real issues with mine. It worked fine for a day, now it's buggered. Here's my mail to Sony support. We'll see if it gets resolved.

##

Hi there,

I received the SmartWatch from Amazon yesterday, and after a day of it working fine with my Xperia S, it now completely fails to update any of the push notifications (email, Twitter, Facebook, texts), despite the fact it is connected to the phone. Endomondo, Weather and missed calls work. In addition, many of the SmartExtras don't work - they crash when in LiveWare Manager.

As a customer of the initial LiveView (£45 wasted on something that literally did not work), I was obviously a little worried that this accessory would be equally deficient. Sadly, it's proving to be the case.

I have re-set the watch and uninstalled then reinstalled everything; both the SmartWatch and LiveWare Manager, and have re-paired the device several times. The support is non-existent on the website (even the manual links to a web page which doesn't exist).

Overall, pretty disgruntled.

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if there are known issues with the SmartWatch and how I may rectify it.