Samsung Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
"Ice Cream Sandwich updates:

5/14 Samsung Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich
6/16 HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Amaze 4G"

besides, why would they update this phone with ics??? now i'm curious to know if this phone even COULD run it. i wish though.

i'm trying to talk my husband into getting me the sensation for mothers day. ;)

ferganer

Sep 4, 2011
"Ice Cream Sandwich updates:

5/14 Samsung Galaxy S II Ice Cream Sandwich
6/16 HTC Sensation 4G and HTC Amaze 4G"

besides, why would they update this phone with ics??? now i'm curious to know if this phone even COULD run it. i wish though.

i'm trying to talk my husband into getting me the sensation for mothers day. ;)

I am also surprised, but look at the chart itself. Exhibit is there with the date being 4/30 IIRC.

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
yes, but it's also lacking the words "to ice cream sandwich" unlike the sii, sensation and amaze that all include that note. and i also dont see the little green square like the other ones marked for ics. granted, it is cut off, but i could see the exhibit ii being upgraded looong before they considered the first one.

edit: according to this: http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-w-t-mobile-exhibit-4g-ii-gets-a-video-demo-20111021/ the samsung "galaxy" exhibit is the exhibit ii

*this is an attempt to NOT get my hopes up too high.

Last edited:
Reactions: ferganer

ferganer

Sep 4, 2011
yes, but it's also lacking the words "to ice cream sandwich" unlike the sii, sensation and amaze that all include that note. and i also dont see the little green square like the other ones marked for ics. granted, it is cut off, but i could see the exhibit ii being upgraded looong before they considered the first one.

edit: according to this: http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-galaxy-w-t-mobile-exhibit-4g-ii-gets-a-video-demo-20111021/ the samsung "galaxy" exhibit is the exhibit ii

*this is an attempt to NOT get my hopes up too high.

Well, it looks like we are out of luck. Exhibit is a fantastic phone (especially for its price). So bad it hasn't seen much development.

BABUUSHKA

Jan 2, 2012
riverside
oh, i do agree 100%! i'm not particularly crazy about this phone but i am impressed to see it out do some of my friends "better" phones. i see threads here and there about dev for this phone but for one reason or another they all die out. :/

mesuprakash

Apr 17, 2012
samsung exhibit 4g

till now we r not getting android 2.3.6 on this phn... no custom roms!!!! bt i love this phone very much... i will wait for this...:(

netrace

Apr 11, 2012
HuNan
bbs.lidroid.com
Is this what the vibrant should have been? Outside of the lower pixel count camera and the smaller (3.5") screen this phone looks like what the Vibrant should be now! Full use of ext4 from factory, gingerbread, etc etc

It already has everything else the Vibrant has, hummingbird processor and superamoled screen. Ok not completely sure if it is amoled or S-amoled, but is is 400x800 resolution though and looks pretty good

What do you guys think?

3.5 screen is really too small, in not habit

thedragons22

May 12, 2012
Help please

i have a Samsung Exhibit 4g phone, rooted and backed up by titanium backup. I tried using the kitchen theme stuff, and i copied the original framework-res.apk file to a folder in the sd card . Then i copied the framework-res.apk file from the UOT zip to the location where the original file was and rebooted the phone. Now my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo screen and it keeps looping. anyway to fix this? :/

P.S: the location i copied the original file doesnt show up in the recovery menu when i go to install package. Also, when i tried the downloading mode, it just says downloading and doesnt do anything. Tried factory restore too. The original file is somewhere on the sd card i just dont know how to access it and put it back into its original location.... no i dont have a copy of it on my computer.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
i have a Samsung Exhibit 4g phone, rooted and backed up by titanium backup. I tried using the kitchen theme stuff, and i copied the original framework-res.apk file to a folder in the sd card . Then i copied the framework-res.apk file from the UOT zip to the location where the original file was and rebooted the phone. Now my phone is stuck at the Samsung logo screen and it keeps looping. anyway to fix this? :/

P.S: the location i copied the original file doesnt show up in the recovery menu when i go to install package. Also, when i tried the downloading mode, it just says downloading and doesnt do anything. Tried factory restore too. The original file is somewhere on the sd card i just dont know how to access it and put it back into its original location.... no i dont have a copy of it on my computer.

Reboot to recovery (do a battery pull and then hold both vol + and -, then hold the power button until you're in recovery). You want to try to fix permissions (should be in the advanced menu)

Reactions: thedragons22

thedragons22

May 12, 2012
isn't there

Reboot to recovery (do a battery pull and then hold both vol + and -, then hold the power button until you're in recovery). You want to try to fix permissions (should be in the advanced menu)

Hi, thanks for the try, but my phone in the reboot menu doesnt have any options like that. its only "reboot now" "apply update from sdcard" "wide data/factor reset" and "wipe cache partition".....

oh and its a samsung 4g exhibit, just in case you thought of some other phone.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Hi, thanks for the try, but my phone in the reboot menu doesnt have any options like that. its only "reboot now" "apply update from sdcard" "wide data/factor reset" and "wipe cache partition".....

oh and its a samsung 4g exhibit, just in case you thought of some other phone.

That means you don't have a custom recovery, which means that you'll need to revert to stock with the Odin rom I mirrored for you guys here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/teamacid/files/exhibit4g/exhibit4g-stock-rom-odin.7z/download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heres something for the ADB newbs, it pushes the zergrush, SU and all that. One click :D I took the one for the amaze 4g, added the samsung zergrush File and it works GREAT. i just ran it on my Exhibit and its very newbie proof. Just Unzip. make sure your phones connected to the PC with the correct drivers and click the .bat file. does all the work for ya.

Be sure to hit thanks also.
    Congratulations everyone, the new zergRush update for Samsung phones released yesterday works on the Exhibit. I was able to successfully get root and install superuser. I now have permanent root on my Exhibit!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1296916
    thanks! also if anyone has the factory files saved could you email them thanks again ppielert@gmail.com

I'll see what i can do.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Link for STOCK FILES below guys.I put it in zip format to keep the size down for upload lol.Extract it, then extract the tar file and you will get the factoryfs.rfs, recovery.bin and zimage.Hopefully this site doesn't get shut down by the feds :D.

http://www.wupload.com/file/2657243107/Samsung_Exhibit_Stock_2.3.3.tar.zip
    I have rebooted several times and still have root.
    After pushing and running zergRush and getting root i remounted adb and ran the following commands

adb push su /system/bin
    adb push su /system/xbin
    adb shell
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    exit
    adb install Superuser.apk

and my root has stuck just fine.
    Samsung released source codes

Few days ago I have noticed, that Samsung released source codes for Exhibit 4G.

As I bought this phone 3 weeks ago, and I am still unable to use it, I started wondering if I can build a new ROM without SIM lock.

I have never played with such thing before, so I would appreciate any hints. It took me couple of hours, but I successfully built a exhibit kernel and android OS with exhibit custom modules (exactly according to the readme.txt included with source codes).

Now I would like to flash them to my mobile, but I have to find out how to backup my current ROM... to be able to go back if anything goes wrong. I have searched, and found only instruction which required root access which we do not have.