Lousy Facebook

Search This thread

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
On my Galaxy Nexus, both the Facebook app and m.facebook.com present the full "Timeline" view with cover photo and links to About, Photos, Friends, Likes.

On my Springboard (running ICS and "high resolution" mode), I get a pared-down view with only cover photo, buttons for friending and messaging, write post and share photo. I am not able to browse any other aspects of one's profile unless I load the desktop page.

Any idea why Facebook has LESS features on a tablet than on a phone? Has anyone managed to force the full mobile Timeline view to work?

lilaliend

Nov 9, 2010
Don't know what would make the difference. They both come up the same on my phone and springboard. Have you tried Friendcaster though? Way better then thee actual Facebook app.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Okay screenshots. Here is the public profile of a local politician who I haven't friended, but her permissions allow lots to be shown on her profile so she makes a good example.

Galaxy Nexus: (cut off part of the cover photo to show the important parts)
UahDn.png

MediaPad ICS high resolution mode:
U0Pf7.png

Note how the GNex version has About, Photos, Friends, Likes. The MediaPad version is missing the entire Timeline layout, and has only her About page - no links to see her wall, photos or likes. When I do the same for people who *are* my friends, I get the wall with no links to About, Photos or Friends.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
No it isn't, at least not on mine. Pages are still missing links to see all parts of the profile. I loaded up the Hedy Fry page again just now and it looks the same.

Maybe it's because you're using high res? I'm on standard.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342249716409.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342249716409.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 85

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
It turns out that I had spoofed my device (as a galaxy note). Going back to mediapad and the Facebook app is broken again. Basically the Facebook app developer is incompetent.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
It turns out that I had spoofed my device (as a galaxy note). Going back to mediapad and the Facebook app is broken again. Basically the Facebook app developer is incompetent.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

There we go, that's more like it.

The thing is, our devices are the same dimensions as the Nexus 7. Chances are any app broken on ours will be broken on Nexus 7, no? Hopefully that gets the devs' asses in gear. Although if the fixes only work on JB, we're still out of luck.

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
Due to an unrelated matter I had to change my Facebook password. Upon signing back into Facebook, all the Timeline elements started showing up again. Strange, but happy that I finally have the full feature set again!

adam3577

Mar 14, 2012
Budapest
I have a problem with logging in to facebook with any app. It works from the browser, but friendcaster, the official facebook app, and any other application that gets news from facebook crashes when i want to login. I use cm10 rom, does anybody else have this problem?