"This app is compatible with your device" When browsing Play Store?

Search This thread

brody8898

Apr 25, 2012
On all my other Android devices I can install apps from my laptop via the Play website. Can I not do that on my Fire HD even though it tells me I can, or am I missing something?

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
I am curious as well if there is a way to tweak the kfhd to download more apps from the playstore...like lie to it that ot is some other ics device

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

iytrix

Dec 23, 2012
San Jose
On all my other Android devices I can install apps from my laptop via the Play website. Can I not do that on my Fire HD even though it tells me I can, or am I missing something?

Ummmm. No, as far as I know. I don't see how or why this would work until the KF2 gets a real OS on it. Once it down, I do not see why it shouldn't. For now though, I don't know of any ways it's possible. Back to browsing on the device for you! :p [EDIT] I was wrong! The app is on my device. It was sitting in front of me for an hour or so when I turned it on to do stuff and found the app I pushed on it there! So it does work in theory, it may be slow for you, or some other issue, but it should work it seems!

I am curious as well if there is a way to tweak the kfhd to download more apps from the playstore...like lie to it that ot is some other ics device

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Yes, this IS possible. I will look into it and post. It's a file you have to tweak, I did it before on tablets I just am completely blanking out since it's been a year or two. You will probably need something like RomToolbox. That's what I bought ages ago and use on every device I hack, just a personal preference but you will need a "build.prop editor".

Last edited:

kgyuszko

Jan 2, 2013
I use market helper as well. Has limitations but until a full customised rom bypasses this issue it's not a bad 'get round'

Kgyuszko

Sent from my rooted KFHD