Android 4.2.2 OTA Update

Search This thread

blackhand1001

Sep 3, 2011
Here's exactly how I updated:

- Used 4.2 Factory Image
- Rebooted immediately back to Bootloader after the flash-all.bat was complete (didn't let OS boot)
- Locked Bootloader
- Went to Recovery
- Sideloaded the 4.2 to 4.2.1 update
- Sideloaded the 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 update immediately afterwards
- Wiped Data and Cache
- Rebooted

So far everything seems well.

For some weird reason when I first restocked my device, I wasn't able to access Recovery after OTA updating from 4.2 to 4.2.1 (got "No command."). No idea what was up with that.

No need to lock the bootloader.

timesgodjillion

Dec 22, 2010
I've been trying to sideload the OTA. The device shows up while it's on the OS, can do an "adb devices" and it shows up and a, 'adb reboot recovery' and it reboots, but once I get into recovery, it no longer shows up. What am I missing...?

jalize

Jul 12, 2007
Centurion
Got the 4.2.2 OTA a few minutes ago in South Africa. Installed and I didn't loose root. Happy Chappy.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

chronniff

Oct 14, 2010
Sort of a newb question but does the update not show up if ur unlocked and rooted? I wouldn't think that would matter, but it wasn't showing up yesterday so I downloaded and flashed with CWM late last night. I kept root which was nice. I used the superSu root survival mode, but CWM also asked me if I wanted it to stop the update from removing root, so I'm not sure if which one gets the credit, but its nice not having to reroot :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

tgrgrd00

Aug 27, 2010
New Orleans
I've been trying to sideload the OTA. The device shows up while it's on the OS, can do an "adb devices" and it shows up and a, 'adb reboot recovery' and it reboots, but once I get into recovery, it no longer shows up. What am I missing...?

Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

clo821

Apr 11, 2009
New York City
Did you verify all of the correct drivers are installed? I used the N10 Toolkit to install the drivers.

I seem to remember that when I booted in to recovery it installed a 2nd driver for recovery specifically. So when I got in to recovery and plugged in the usb it had a popup about installing driver.

Anyway try getting all of the drivers from the N10 toolkit and see if that helps. It was the toolkit by Mskip.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like he's missing the boot loader drivers. Read through the following link and make sure all the usb drivers are installed www.teamandroid.com/2012/07/30/how-to-set-up-adb-fastboot-with-android-sdk/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

timesgodjillion

Dec 22, 2010
I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.

Last edited:

clo821

Apr 11, 2009
New York City
I have the bootloader/fastboot drivers installed. When I type in "fastboot devices", it shows up in the list. The only place I can't get ADB to see it is in recovery itself. In device manager, during recovery, it shows up in "Other Devices" as Nexus 10 with an ! symbol, but uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers does nothing. I just get the ! symbol again.

EDIT: I uninstalled the "Nexus 10" drivers and installed the generic "Android ADB interface" drivers and it recognizes it now, but the "sideload" command doesn't work. I get *cannot read 'sideload' *.

Try downloading a newer version of the sdk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Bru87tr

Nov 25, 2012
Lowell, MA
Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

filthygoat223996

Oct 4, 2012
Not sure what the update had, but opening apps seems much quicker.

Also, I just spent an hour playing shadowgun online and my N10 would get very warm if not hot, it doesn't heat up nearly as much and doesn't seem to throttle down as much.

The update seemed to have improve performance, my n10 also seems faster

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

NeoAznMan

Nov 21, 2011
This is weird. I'm not getting any OTA's from my N10. I just got it back from warranty and the build number says JOP40F instead of JOP40D.
:(

jaykeeley

Sep 10, 2010
Leeds
noticed a few others have had this problem but their solutions don't seem to have worked for me.
Getting "assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/bin/debuggerd..."
and Status 7 error when I try to update with both CWM and TWRP
Tried unrooting and returning to stock recovery to see if OTA would work (still locked BL) but no luck, any ideas?

EDIT: ADB fails too :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 10 4.2.2 OTA URL

Hi all,

You can download 4.2.2 OTA from below link. Have a fun!! :fingers-crossed:
    MD5:ed637878ccba20ba9d44e62685ac67e9

http://android.clients.google.com/p...igned-mantaray-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.eaef1443.zip
    Thanks! I tried it but got stuck in the same situation. The update was downloaded but not installed properly.

Thanks for helping. I'm all done with the setting up the variables. Whats next now?

Awesome... Assuming you backed up your loot. The following will wipe your tablet clean and install a fresh stock unrooted, Jellybean 4.2.2

Download the 4.2.2 factory image: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/mantaray-jdq39-factory-d79f489e.tgz

Unzip that.. Inside that is a tar file you need to unzip which contains a folder named "mantaray-jdq39". For tutorial purposes I'm going to assume we unzipped it into the root of C:\

Unzip the image-mantaray-jdq39.zip that is sitting in that directory (mantaray-jdq39). It will contain 5 img files.. They should all be sitting in the same directory

Power down the device and boot into the bootloader of your device.. Unplug the usb from PC and hold BOTH Vol Up-Down and the power button until you get into the bootloader. You'll know it's the right one if you can use the volume keys to switch between start, recovery etc... Plug your Nexus into your PC now..

Open a command prompt and change directories to where you unzipped the tar and zip file earlier.. ie: C:\manataray-jdp39

(if your bootloader is still locked you need to type "fastboot oem unlock" and then follow the instructions on your screen first)

Now type flash-all

Wait it out until your device reboots on its own..

You're done..

If you want to root after this ask here.. Me, or someone else will tell you how to do using the programs provided in the SDK you installed.. This way you will know the exact processes taking place as you yourself will be running each command to install recovery etc.. Then in the event something goes wrong in the future you will most likely be able to fix it yourself.. Also, you'll be more prepared to help others out in similar situations.

* - I'm assuming you already had the USB drivers installed and thus skipped all that jazz.
    I don't care about the data. I have backed up everything. Just wanted to make sure it will work with just one file with flash-all command.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Nailed it.! The problem was Internet Download Manager. What I downloaded was .tgz file and IDM (i don't know why) converted it to .tar and that was the reason of not showing the contents properly.

---------- Post added 18th February 2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 17th February 2013 at 11:40 PM ----------

Yes, finally I am on 4.2.2 :D Thanks a lot for everything. Really you have helped a lot. Now the final part, Rooting. The way you described, I would like to do the same way.

Congrats!

This is easy also..

First we need to download the Flashable SuperSU.
    Go to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053
    In the first post download the flashable zip by clicking the link following the text "CWM / TWRP / MobileODIN installable ZIP: "

Place it in a spot on your device.. Doesn't matter where.. Just as long as you know where it is at.

Download TWRP (what will be your new recovery): http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Type in "Nexus 10" click link for it that appears, then click "Download the newest .img file from here" (you want openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img whatever is the newest at the time of reading this)" on the next page.

Reboot to bootloader - Hold both Vol Up/Down + Power

Connect your device to the PC

Now we are going to instruct fastboot to flash openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img to the recovery partition of your device

Open a command prompt where you have the TWRP openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img file you downloaded

Type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.x.0-manta.img

Once you get the a-ok.. You can now use the volume key to choose "recovery" then the power button to boot into recovery.

TWRP should load.. Now you want to touch "install".. Browse to where you placed the SuperSU zip, choose it, swipe to flash and you should be done at that point and can reboot.
    Good call on the platform tools being outdated. I had downloaded it all today, but I just ran SDK Manager and it said there was an update available. After installing that, everything seems to work OK. It was definitely using an old fastboot as there are more options for it now. Not sure why.

Anyway, everything works perfect now! Thanks so much. I really owe you one.

Woohoo! So awesome.. Look at it this way.. You just got a lot of trouble shooting experience in and have a much better understanding how these things work.. The toolkits just can't replace hands on experience. :) Glad you're updated.. Now go install some games and relax. :good:
    If anyone is not rooted and has upgraded to 4.2.2 here for rooting and installing CWM! :cowboy:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144831