[Q] Aussie version GT-N8010

Search This thread

Ricbec

Jan 24, 2009
Hi all

Just got a question regarding the version software my note is running,

I understand there are a number of different versions getting around, I'm unclear as to what is the latest version for my particular model

Currently it is running 4.0.4, yet I know there are much newer versions getting around, yet when I try to run an update it says there are no updates for my device

Can anyone clarify for me if what I have is the newest version for my note

Cheers

camo.b

Mar 4, 2007
goldie
I havent got a 8010 i have the optus delivered 4g version 8020 and im on 4.1.2 i think.plug yours into a pc and fire up samsung kies...let it do its thing and check for a update.you should have one available.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

tap007

Jan 21, 2013
Hi all

Just got a question regarding the version software my note is running,

I understand there are a number of different versions getting around, I'm unclear as to what is the latest version for my particular model

Currently it is running 4.0.4, yet I know there are much newer versions getting around, yet when I try to run an update it says there are no updates for my device

Can anyone clarify for me if what I have is the newest version for my note

Cheers

You can flash you device throught Odin:
Use BTU or NZC firmware.

h**p://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N8010

Ricbec

Jan 24, 2009
Well believe it or not kies says it is the most current version, guess we must just miss out here in Aus

Last edited:

Ricbec

Jan 24, 2009
I dont think I'd ever have the courage to do something like that on my own device, sounds a little complicated to the novice modder, I'd be too scared to brick it!!

Ricbec

Jan 24, 2009
Is it possible however that I may lose some functionality by doing this? It does sound simple enough, I can build computers so I should be able to do it

Ohh, and I lose all software installed correct?, hence the extra special need to backup prior?

camo.b

Mar 4, 2007
goldie
I didnt lose any apps or settings but I went from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 updated without a hitch.it will sudgest a backup but I didnt have time or my pc to backup too.i was at work.but a backup is good while you are waiting for the file to download.not sure what the go is nowdays but I use to use titanium backup the paid version.you need a rooted tab tho....not a big deal....google exynos abuse and grab the apk and install that.its made by a dev called chainfire (very trustworthy)it can root your tab in about 30 secs.once rooted you can backup you apps and settings if needed.i somtimes had probs with the settings part, but no probs with the just apps. Once backup is done flash the new firmware, reboot and play for a few mins....then reboot again....root tab again with exynos abuse as it should loose root rights with the new firmware....then re install titanium and load your backup and or your sammy kies backup too. Clear as mud eh?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using XDA Premium HD app

spigot

Aug 12, 2007
Ohh, and I lose all software installed correct?, hence the extra special need to backup prior?

No, you don't loose apps, but it's recommended to factory reset your device. I went through 4.0.3 -> 4.1.1 -> 4.1.2 without wiping. But finally I did a factory reset to be sure :)

Ricbec

Jan 24, 2009
Okay, thanks for the info

Finally, what are the improvements, additions and removals for the device between 4.0.4 and 4.1.2

Cheers

JTG81

Jan 18, 2011
sydney
I believe the jelly bean update is now available for GT-N8010 Australian model

Last edited:

camo.b

Mar 4, 2007
goldie
Multi window manager is nice....there nice a app that enables it for every app you have installed too.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium