G2 support

Search This thread

thagringo

Nov 24, 2008
Hi all,

i was going to buy a g2 but as i always do i wanted to know first what roms are available and how they run. Have been reading through xda and how well are kitkat roms running on the g2 ? I read that slim has troubles, is this a general issue or just rom related ? what about PA or others ?

I ussually get a new phone every 2 / 3 years so that i want to make sure to have up to date os until then.

TIA !

q123456

Jul 8, 2007
Bartoszyce
there are some minor problems with PA roms. Nothing serious though.

LG will be releasing kitkat in some time (a month?), so there will be more roms based on KK.

For now You could choose between PA, CM11 (and roms based on), some slim kitkats, and there are a lot of stock based roms and roms ported from G Flex. I would say not bad at all. Go and check it out in Development sub forums.

Stock rom is also not bad - sure it is loaded with some bloatware but better than Glaxy's for sure ;)

thagringo

Nov 24, 2008
there are some minor problems with PA roms. Nothing serious though.

LG will be releasing kitkat in some time (a month?), so there will be more roms based on KK.

For now You could choose between PA, CM11 (and roms based on), some slim kitkats, and there are a lot of stock based roms and roms ported from G Flex. I would say not bad at all. Go and check it out in Development sub forums.

Stock rom is also not bad - sure it is loaded with some bloatware but better than Glaxy's for sure ;)

thanks for your reply !

i had only a brief look to the stock ui but im sure im going to hate it. I dont have anything against LGs ui, im just used to aosp roms and like their simplicity.
My concern isnt just about kk but beyond, i mean, this year google will release 4.5 ( or whatever they will call it) and my guess is that LG wont make it available for the g2.
Does anyone know LGs policy about os updates ? How have they handled previous updates for example ?

TIA

q123456

Jul 8, 2007
Bartoszyce
LG policy about updates is non existent LG G for e.g. . They were saying that they will change their approach to updates but... :)

I also like AOSP very much - was using nexus 4 for a year. For now i would say You could use PA on daily basis. There are some minor bugs. Battery life for me was worse form what i got on stock, that's why i'm switched back.
Other than that no crashes, reboots etc. Dunno about games though - they were some voices that some of them crashing

scokeguy

Jun 12, 2012
Mt. Vernon, TX
Personally I've bounced back and forth between stock and 4.4 Roms. Right now really happy running stock with xposed installed and using g2 exposed app in play store. Really able to do everything I personally want to be able to with that module.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app