Does a damaged battery affect performance?

Search This thread
Hello :)
I wanna ask if a damaged battery can affect performance of my S3 Mini and what's the average time the phone is able to stay charged with a completely new battery. My battery time sucks (i get max 9 hours if I don't do almost anything on my SMARTphone :( ). So will replacing my battery solve some of the lag on my device and how many hours should I expect from the newly purchased battery with average usage (max 2 hours music, a few phone calls, max 1 hour gaming-small games mainly and sometimes web surfing). Thanks to anyone that replies. Cheers :)

EDIT : My battery also heats up to 36-39 degrees celsius while just playing Soccer Stars while listening to music from PowerAmp. I think this isn't even close to normal. If a new battery solves all these issues, I'm willing to buy the best one (presumably original by Samsung)!

EDIT 2 :D : My phone charges from 1% to 50% for about 30 mins o_O

Last edited:

prototype74

Aug 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Maybe you have a super charger :D joke make sure that your battery isn't swollen. And yes a battery can affect to performance and hardware. If you use very long a damaged battery then it also cause hardware problem. One time this happen to me on my old LG phone. The battery always got more swollen, so i bought a new battery but only 1 month later was the new battery also swollen like the original battery. It was a hardware problem and i still have this phone with a swollen battery :D

Reactions: koragg97

qasim799

Dec 13, 2013
you should use pure stock rom beacuse most of the custom roms have some battery and voltage tweaks which can cause hardware problem if problem persists then replace your battery

Thanks for your help guys. Recently I tried pure stock ROM, but it was the same, plus I kinda love custom ROMs, which have more battery time :D What would you suggest I buy as a new battery - an original one specifically for my GT-I8190 or the Ace II battery (which is cheaper) is of the same quality as an original S3 Mini battery :confused:? My current one is for the Ace II (it's the second battery I've changed on this phone)!

Here are my stats so far. Can someone tell me if this is normal with a brand new battery, 'cause I forgot what it's like :D

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 3.png
    3.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.png
    4.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 91

khaimilomocha

Jul 10, 2014
I have the same problem before. My mini start to auto off then when it's on, the sound of low battery beeping even i just fully charged. The real solution is buy the new battery..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Maybe you have a super charger :D joke make sure that your battery isn't swollen. And yes a battery can affect to performance and hardware. If you use very long a damaged battery then it also cause hardware problem. One time this happen to me on my old LG phone. The battery always got more swollen, so i bought a new battery but only 1 month later was the new battery also swollen like the original battery. It was a hardware problem and i still have this phone with a swollen battery :D
    you should use pure stock rom beacuse most of the custom roms have some battery and voltage tweaks which can cause hardware problem if problem persists then replace your battery
    if the s3 mini battery is not much more then go with that & see if there is much difference
    Here are my stats so far. Can someone tell me if this is normal with a brand new battery, 'cause I forgot what it's like :D

Hmm...

1. Stock ROM
    2. Heavy usage
    3. Playing games
    4. Yes it's normal ;)
    I have the same problem before. My mini start to auto off then when it's on, the sound of low battery beeping even i just fully charged. The real solution is buy the new battery..