HD2 certificate/component problem

Search This thread

Bjønnfæsk

Jan 14, 2010
Kolbotn
Up until a few days ago, my HD2 was working fine. Then I tried to install Android. I used the one that you just copy to the storage card and run a file called zharet.exe ( !!NOT HARET.EXE!! ). I think it was Cotulla's ROM. First time, it crashed. Second time, meaning after I installed Radio ROM version 2.12, which is required (more specifically, 2.08 or above is required, but 2.12 was easier to find), it started and installed, then rebooted. Third time it worked and was able to send a text message to my stepfather. I switched back to WinMO to ask him if it got there, then I started Android again. It crashed, sending me to the boot screen of WinMO. Upon this start I was no longer able to run many files (executables), the running of which resulted in the message "The File *PROGRAM NAME* cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I have tried numerous fixes:

Soft reset

Reinstalling the applications

Seeing if .NET Compact Framework was installed; the phone claimed it was, but I couldn't find any trace of it and so I tried to reinstall it. I was not able to, so I "uninstalled" it from the phone, which still thought it had it; the operation took no time, so I doubt it was there in the first place. When I tried installing it to the phone again, it said that this version was already in the ROM. Also tried installing an older version of the CF, but it just said I had a newer version.

Switching memory cards (3 different ones)

Renaming the memory card and restarting, a fix recommended to some other people who had a problem with similar symptoms. It refused to cooperate and said that the memory card could not be renamed.

My next step will be to rename the memory card using a device other than the phone itself.

I don't want to hard reset as I wish to keep my messages and contacts, but if that's what is needed to "un-half-brick" this phone, I will of course do it. The way it acts now, I might as well have kept my n95.

It is worth noting that HardSPL should be installed, as it was required for the Radio ROM flash.

EDIT: HardSPL install IS verified, boot screen reads as follows:
PB81100 HX-BC
SPL-1.42.HSPL XE
0x05
CotullaHSPL 0x30

In this thread, Gargoyle999 is describing my exact problem: forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1882858
Keep in mind that this phone is Norwegian with Telenor as its carrier, although the phone itself is not locked and capable of using any carrier.

EDIT: The files that may not be run are mostly third-party ones, like MorphGear, zharet, Google Maps and so on. Most programs that came with the phone, like Copilot, Footprints and Opera work.

I am not too familiar with XDA, so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section or making some other rookie mistake xD

Last edited:

cavemaneca

Jul 8, 2010
This is NOT and android problem.
I'm not exactly sure, but it's a security measure in WinMo that disallows unsigned programs from running after the system has crashed due to those programs running, probably to protect the system from malicious programs.

All you need to do is disable security on it. There are various thread on this site in different places that tell you how to. Personally, I found the mobile security configurations manager(windows) is the best way. Just plug in your phone in WinMo, using activesync, open the program, and load device. Then you can just select no security, and provision it. It'll overwrite all the proper registery settings and whatnot for you.

Also, GOOGLE IT. I found all this information myself just by searching "Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file" +windows mobile 6.5

lstrike

Apr 26, 2006
Yes, yes Google it...I understand...But guess what? I did and found the same utility. And guess what? I got another error when it tries to install a cab file on the phone and for whatever reason the cab file errors out...I came here after reading and trying a ton of stuff and happened upon the OP's topic today.

Another thing is I realize it may not be an Android specific problem BUT prior to installing the mattcfroyo build and then attempting to test another build I didn't have any issue installing a cab file from the SD card. Also before anyone offers about installing another SD card I tried that also and no haps.

Weird and I am still searching for a solution but again XDA is the spot and researching here has not provided me with a working solution as of now....sssooooo...HELP!? Or not...

cavemaneca

Jul 8, 2010
Yes, yes Google it...I understand...But guess what? I did and found the same utility. And guess what? I got another error when it tries to install a cab file on the phone and for whatever reason the cab file errors out...I came here after reading and trying a ton of stuff and happened upon the OP's topic today.

Another thing is I realize it may not be an Android specific problem BUT prior to installing the mattcfroyo build and then attempting to test another build I didn't have any issue installing a cab file from the SD card. Also before anyone offers about installing another SD card I tried that also and no haps.

Weird and I am still searching for a solution but again XDA is the spot and researching here has not provided me with a working solution as of now....sssooooo...HELP!? Or not...

Look up all of the google registry fixes, and try every single one of them.
If none of them work and the program I recommended doesn't work, backup and hard-reset.
then, when it's done first thing use that program to disable security.

Also, most custom ROMs have security disabled by default.

Bjønnfæsk

Jan 14, 2010
Kolbotn
I have tried your application. Got the same results as lstrike, error when installing CAB file. Also, how am I supposed to edit the registry when I can't run third party programs?

tsttse

Nov 27, 2009
sigh i got the exact same problem after trying to run andriod.... any luck?

Rat01

Feb 27, 2010
Netherlands
I found the solution !

When the error appears just go to marketplace, download the free version of Resco Explorer
(Resco was the first official registry app I found but if there's another in marketplace i guess it will do just fine)

After this open Resco Registry (included in Resco File Explorer) and go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies
Then go to 0000101a and change DWORD Data value to 1
Now every thing is perfect and you can open all of your apps
Good luck !

007figaro

Feb 3, 2011
Thank you, this solution saved my day!

When the error appears just go to marketplace, download the free version of Resco Explorer
(Resco was the first official registry app I found but if there's another in marketplace i guess it will do just fine)

Good luck !

Excellent! great work, thank you!

box-hw1

Feb 6, 2007
Makakilo City

Good luck !

Thank you!