MXPlayer Pro can't handle .TS stream from TVHeadend

Search This thread

HbbS

Nov 12, 2013
Hi there,

I need some help in order to make use of MXPlayer as a player for my TVHeadend streams on Android.

I have a TVHeadend Server setup and working perfectly on my Raspberry Pi Zero. I'm used to watching these streams on a RPi 3 running OSMC/Kodi without issues.

Here's where I am stuck. I want to use MXPlayer to use these .ts streams to no avail. I only get a garbled image and a chopping sound.

uXaAtag.png

I am in Brazil. Here we have as a Digital TV standard a variation of ISDB-T, called ISDB-Tb.

I know it uses H.264 and AAC.

Both AFAIK are supported by mxplayer pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hi there,

I need some help in order to make use of MXPlayer as a player for my TVHeadend streams on Android.

I have a TVHeadend Server setup and working perfectly on my Raspberry Pi Zero. I'm used to watching these streams on a RPi 3 running OSMC/Kodi without issues.

Here's where I am stuck. I want to use MXPlayer to use these .ts streams to no avail. I only get a garbled image and a chopping sound.

uXaAtag.png

I am in Brazil. Here we have as a Digital TV standard a variation of ISDB-T, called ISDB-Tb.

I know it uses H.264 and AAC.

Both AFAIK are supported by mxplayer pro.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bug Report pls.....

HbbS

Nov 12, 2013
I have attached the logs,

Also, As I get home today, and sampled a .ts file. I've noticed that MXPlayer Pro can play this sample as you'll find out.

But it cannot stream it. It is NOT a bandwidth issue. I know that because the default video player can play (without sound) the same streaming coming from TVHeadend.

Hope that helps

https://app.box.com/s/swa13aqil5f9v6pb5t1czee2r552vms0

Attachments

• report_2018-01-09_130855.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 48

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I have attached the logs,

Also, As I get home today, and sampled a .ts file. I've noticed that MXPlayer Pro can play this sample as you'll find out.

But it cannot stream it. It is NOT a bandwidth issue. I know that because the default video player can play (without sound) the same streaming coming from TVHeadend.

Hope that helps

https://app.box.com/s/swa13aqil5f9v6pb5t1czee2r552vms0

I have tried to stream the video from a remote location & couldn't find any such issues.
The logs in your report are only a few lines. Looks like some other process is generating more logs & MX logs are getting erased before you collect the report. Can you increase the log buffer size in developer options of your device & collect the logs again after reproducing the issue?

does it happen with all decoders?
basically, HW decoder uses the same media player API used in stock video players. So, it should behave exactly same as your default player in most of the cases. What about HW+ & SW?

HbbS

Nov 12, 2013
Here is the log with increased size (4MB)

I have tested with HW+ and SW.

With HW+ it behaves basically the same as HW with the difference that it plays a couple of seconds more before stalls with a garbled image.

SW: it plays, sort of, losing A/V sync. Unwatchable.

Hope that helps;

Attachments

• report_2018-01-10_100958.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 34

sd3w23ASTV

Jul 13, 2018
same here, instead of that if I save the stream to local storage, mx player can play A+V with HW

vlc codec information form local source: snag.gy/jEgG7Z.jpg
stream content: file.io/QslWX3
http response:
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: video/mpeg
Transfer-Encoding : chunked

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
same here, instead of that if I save the stream to local storage, mx player can play A+V with HW

vlc codec information form local source: snag.gy/jEgG7Z.jpg
stream content: file.io/QslWX3
http response:
Connection: Keep-Alive
Content-Type: video/mpeg
Transfer-Encoding : chunked

can you collect a bug report immediately after playing the video?