Snapchat on rooted phones with xposed

Search This thread

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
Hay there, i can login snapchat, but its always forced close when i open the app.
Anyone can help me?

Please open video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzuwsKAlw4I&app=desktop
Simple method for root phone. Install snap chat on different non root smartphone and login. Install titanium backup, make buckup, send to your root phone install titanium backup and restore. I checked and everything works on my klte with blisspop. I did it on my xperia t stock with root. I make backup later i send to my klte. Later install titanium buckup and snapchat from playstore later restore data and that's it. Open snapchat and logged. But remember, dont logaut ??
cd844944c88b7974b2feabdf464bd913.jpg

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:

connel007

May 13, 2014
Malang
I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

On a second device, download latest version and sign into Snapchat

Once done, root second device and download titanium backup

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Once done use sc like normal

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

BTW I used a Samsung tablet as a second device and s6 edge for first device

Simple method for root phone. Install snap chat on different non root smartphone and login. Install titanium backup, make buckup, send to your root phone install titanium backup and restore. I checked and everything works on my klte with blisspop. I did it on my xperia t stock with root. I make backup later i send to my klte. Later install titanium buckup and snapchat from playstore later restore data and that's it. Open snapchat and logged. But remember, dont logaut
cd844944c88b7974b2feabdf464bd913.jpg

I already do that(restore data from titanium), and it's nothing different the app force close/auto close when i open the app.
Btw my phone is Gt-i1915 with cm 12 RRemix.

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
I dont know why not working on your phone. I tried this method on my galaxy s5 and galaxy s4 and i dont have problem :)

harshmasters07

Feb 27, 2016
lolipop problem in snapchat

(skip to steps)
As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework. I kept searching for a solution and all i found was rootcloack to hide root. It's good, but snapchat actually checks for xposedbridge.jar. I disabled the framework in xposed and snapchat worked without any mods and even with root. You can find rootcloack in xposedrepo.

steps
Pre: a. uninstall xposed framework before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat
b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
c. after logging in, install the framework back
All in all, in order for snapchat to work (tested on lastest snapchat) you need to use rootcloack as follows:
1. install it and activate it under modules in xposed- then restart the phone
2.(i assume you have snapchat installed, never clear data after logging in, or if you do so, uninstall xposed framework, log in, install framework back) go to rootcloack,
3. under add/remove apps, click on 3 dots and "reset to default"
still in add/remove apps, add snapchat using +
4 under add/remove keywords and comands (do the same for both) add Xposedbridge.jar XposedBridge Snapprefs.apk Snapprefs (last 2 only if you have snapprefs module and you want to have no problems)
5. add the same commands to add/remove comands
done.
ps. the problem is not the root or the xposed app installed, its the xposedbridge.jar which changes the code in the framework, snapchat sees that and crashes the application upon logging in, then the popular "can't log in"
Goodluck!

hey man ,,,tell me what to do
i have xposed but i have installed the framework on my samsung note4 by recovery ,,
so what to do to remove framework...it does not show install,or uninstall
it show
xposed framework ver 80.0 coustom build wanam 20160211 is active

i tried to uninstall whole exposed app....when i install back it already shows..the framework is still installed in it.
so what to now cant go with this way that you describe up there....
and root clock also not working.....wd me.......help me...
give me notification on that......:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Reactions: cowgirlupangel

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
i have xposed but i have installed the framework on my samsung note4 by recovery ,,
it show

i tried to uninstall whole exposed app....when i install back it already shows..the framework is still installed in it.
give me notification on that......:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
http://xdaforums.com/xposed/unofficial-xposed-samsung-lollipop-t3180960/page312 there is uninstaller for your xposed. Download, reboot to recovery install, now choise uninstaller and thats it.

harshmasters07

Feb 27, 2016
I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

can your show in a video man plz

kind of tufff it is,,,,,,,on your s6

krkhaha

Dec 28, 2013
Kraków
OnePlus 8
1. Install Snapchat and login on first davice not rooted or rooted but stock firmware.

2. Install Titanium BackUp, tap on backup/restore and find Snapchat.

3. Tap on Snapchat, make backup apk+data.

4. Again tap on Snapchat, now tap on "send last copy" (you can send to another advice via Bluetooth)

5. Install Titanium BackUp on your second rooted davice and open.

6. Open file manager np. solid explorer.

7. Find your backup (TiBkp) and tap on this file.

8. Open with Titanium backup

9. Restore apk + data

This snap chat http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapchat-inc/snapchat/snapchat-9-21-1-0-release/
is compatible with last snapprefs.

And I make this everything wit this version.

Don't need uninstall exposed with this method. I have xposed and I don't hawet problem with installation and backup my Snapchat. This is veri simply method. On my klte blisspop ROM working good :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jhavron

mihailgreceanu

Nov 25, 2014
it show

From my experience with lollipop you had to flash something to get the framework (not as simple as on kitkat doing it within the app). The only way of temporarily getting rid of the framework is if you have a nandroid backup, if not, you have to reflash the rom, make that backup (to be able to play with the framework), then, without having the framework installed (you may be rooted it doesn't matter, snapchat looks for the framework when you first log in), install snapchat, login, then reinstall the framework

P.S, what's wrong with kitkat? you get a better battery life and you can play easily with the framework and other mods.
goodluck

emirism

Oct 27, 2015
Istanbul
1. Install Snapchat and login on first davice not rooted or rooted but stock firmware.

2. Install Titanium BackUp, tap on backup/restore and find Snapchat.

3. Tap on Snapchat, make backup apk+data.

4. Again tap on Snapchat, now tap on "send last copy" (you can send to another advice via Bluetooth)

5. Install Titanium BackUp on your second rooted davice and open.

6. Open file manager np. solid explorer.

7. Find your backup (TiBkp) and tap on this file.

8. Open with Titanium backup

9. Restore apk + data

This snap chat http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapchat-inc/snapchat/snapchat-9-21-1-0-release/
is compatible with last snapprefs.

And I make this everything wit this version.

Don't need uninstall exposed with this method. I have xposed and I don't hawet problem with installation and backup my Snapchat. This is veri simply method. On my klte blisspop ROM working good :)
Unfortunately after 1-2 seconds it forces app to logout.. :(

Reactions: Supermatt01

Aspergillus

Feb 19, 2010
Snapchat running with xposed?

Hi m8's,

I just instaled Snapchat for the first time. Installed it on a rooted and xposed device and it's runnig. No Problems at all.
Still running after reboot. Still running after installing and activating Snapprefs module.
Device is a OnePlusOne Android 4.4.4 Cyanogen 11-S Stock Rom rooted and xposed.

Regards
Aspi

holt3113

Apr 19, 2013
I'm trying to wrap my head around this method. If snapchat can detect root, why would uninstalling xposed do anything? Your phone will still be rooted, so I don't understand how this is a work around.

werro6

Apr 12, 2014
tampa
Train login this version on http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/snapch...lease/snapchat-9-21-1-0-android-apk-download/
Make back up app+ data
Later send to you device and restore apk + data. Dont install another version and restore just data. Restore app+data.
I get the same problem even with that version when open Snapchat it logs me out within a couple seconds

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I can't seem to get Snapchat working I'm on 4.4.4 stock ROM HTC M8 I have try doing the titanium backup on another device but then whenever I open SnapChat logs me out within a couple of seconds I also tried to just make a new Snapchat account and Snapchat keeps crashing I really want to get signed in so I can downgrade Snapchat so that I can have keepchat working

reiswigphoto

Jun 17, 2013
I thought I would share my own experience since this forum and over at the Xposed forum helped me out. On my device ( Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 T710 ) I seemed to be having a helluva time getting this to work. I've been rooted and Snap worked fine. The particular rom I'm using is the Neked Nook. I stumbled across snapprefs and was curious, especially since I was able to use these same type of preferences for my iPhone 6s that is jailbroken.
Reading several articles, I saw that Xposed was where it was at. Luckily I saw that the rom developer did upload a newer verison of the rom with xposed built in. Flashed it, got the errors for snap that I couldn't login. Had a couple of other issues and after reinstalling and uninstalling a couple of times for me the true balance was the original Neked Rom and an older version of Snap. The successful process for me:
Neked Rom
Snapchat 9.21.1.0-0771
Logged into Snap and left the app open.
Installed Xposed Installer
Installed Snapprefs
Went into recovery and flashed appropriate version for my device of Xposed, in this case it was v80.0 sdk-22-arm (I should point out I'm on 5.1.1)
After the restart, I went into the Xposed Installer and made sure the the module was activated, went into snapprefs and configured the way I preferred.
Went into running apps and closed Snap
Restarted and everything is working fine.
A couple of other notes: I didn't have to install rootcloak (even though I initially did) others are correct, Snapchat isn't looking for root, it's looking for xposed and this app does not mask that.
In Snapprefs it's recommended you go into snapchat, let everything load, then go into airplane mode and it will save accordingly. This works.
I've also notice that if I don't go into airplane mode and stay on wifi that it's hit and miss what it saves.
That's what is working for me, thought I would give my experience hopefully it might help others.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework, at least upon logging in.

steps (modified and simplified)
    a. uninstall xposed framework (ROOT DOES NOT MATTER, HAVING THE XPOSED APP ALSO DOES NOT MATTER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FRAMEWORK INSTALLED) before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat. Only disabling the xposed module=fail
    b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
    c. after logging in, install the framework back
    voila, now you have all the xposed functions plus snapchat working just fine
    Goodluck!

(skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework. I kept searching for a solution and all i found was rootcloack to hide root. It's good, but snapchat actually checks for xposedbridge.jar. I disabled the framework in xposed and snapchat worked without any mods and even with root. You can find rootcloack in xposedrepo.

steps
    All in all, in order for snapchat to work (tested on lastest snapchat) you need to use rootcloack as follows:
    1. install it and activate it under modules in xposed- then restart the phone
    2.(i assume you have snapchat installed, if you do, clear data just in case) go to rootcloack,
    3. under add/remove apps, click on 3 dots and "reset to default"
    still in add/remove apps, add snapchat using +
    4 under add/remove keywords and comands (do the same for both) add Xposedbridge.jar XposedBridge Snapprefs.apk Snapprefs (last 2 only if you have snapprefs module and you want to have no problems)
    5. add the same commands to add/remove comands
    done.
    Another solution is to login before installing xposed and then you'll be all gravy. I just did this 10 min ago and can confirm it works.

Brilliant. Worked like a charm, thanks!
    the best solution is to install xposed uninstaller in your custom recovery mode if you want to login to snapchat in a rooted and xposed device. you can install xposed framework after you log in.