RUU Works in Vista RTM!

Search This thread

sp3dev

Jul 11, 2006
Kaluga/Moscow
Hi. I`ve finally found the way to connect mtty and run rom update utility in Vista. tested on rtm 6000.
First of all, connect your device when it`s in bootloader.
next, open Windows Mobile Device Center and in connection settings uncheck Allou USB Connections.
next, goto contol panel-administrative tools-services and start windows mobile device connectivity and windows mobile device 2003 connectivity
next, goto device manager and find your device and update the driver to the one from AS 4, i attached it, wceusbsh.inf.
then, kill wmdc.exe with any taskmanager
You are Ready. run ruu or connect MTTY. I guess that vista default driver uses another port, not WCEUSBSH001, that`s why we have to use the old driver.

Attachments

• USBAS.zip
    65.3 KB · Views: 98,225

shido6

Sep 21, 2006
Didnt work for WM6 update

is this supposed to work for the WM6 upgrade?

Didnt work for me.

mamaich

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 29, 2004
mamaich-eng.blogspot.ru
Attached the files for x64 version of vista (taken them from x64 XP).
Drivers are unsigned, so you have to turn off driver signature enforcement in vista. Google how to do this.

And yes, this can be used to upgrade uni to WM6.

Attachments

• _wce.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 24,066

Anant

Sep 24, 2006
Pune
No this method did not work for me for O2 Atom.
Using Vista Business with released final windows mobile device driver. No use. Able to sync perfectly. But RUU ROM update is failing. Trying to disable the firewall also no good.

Huey85

Dec 29, 2006
Melbourne
omg thank you so much for this! i was trying to downgrade my hermes from 1.06 to 1.04 CID but vista's windows mobile device centre or whatever its called is dodgy as hell and i couldn't run RUU. you are a god send, thanks again!

froghat

May 29, 2006
Vista cannot find drivers for Hermes after flash

I used these drivers to allow me to flash my Hermes with the latest Cingular image. After the device reboots, Vista no longer recognizes it. Vista prompts me to search for a driver but cannot find one. Is this related to installing the back-level drivers above? Anyone know how to recover from this?

Thanks!

ruskastud

Feb 28, 2006
No joy....

This did not work for me. I'm running Vista Ultimate and a TMO MDA.. I hope there is a solution soon.. I really want WM6 on my phone, but I don't want to have to have an XP machine around....

vijovame

Jun 27, 2005
Hi. I`ve finally found the way to connect mtty and run rom update utility in Vista. tested on rtm 6000.
First of all, connect your device when it`s in bootloader.
next, open Windows Mobile Device Center and in connection settings uncheck Allou USB Connections.
next, goto contol panel-administrative tools-services and start windows mobile device connectivity and windows mobile device 2003 connectivity
next, goto device manager and find your device and update the driver to the one from AS 4, i attached it, wceusbsh.inf.
then, kill wmdc.exe with any taskmanager
You are Ready. run ruu or connect MTTY. I guess that vista default driver uses another port, not WCEUSBSH001, that`s why we have to use the old driver.

Thank You! Worked for me, using Vista Ultimate.

lanerebel

Jan 19, 2006
I was also unable to get this working. I am running Vista Enterprise RTM. I followed the steps in the list exactly, and also tried restarting the services (they were already started) and killed mobsync.exe (Sync Center). No such luck :(. RUU crashes while trying to read information from my phone. Has anyone who had problems earlier got it working yet?

Thanks!

tvalentin

Feb 13, 2007
driver.

Hi,

I'm having difficulty updating the Build in driver with the one you supplied. As soon as I try to update the driver I get a meesage saying the one installed is already the most recent. As soon as I uninstall the original driver it is redetected and reinstalled.

Anyone have any help on this.

Thanks,

Tom

lanerebel

Jan 19, 2006
Right click on the device and click "Update Driver Software"
Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Below the textbox, click "Let me pick from a list of devices on my computer"
Now you can click "Have Disk" and choose the drivers you downloaded
Pick the device it pulls from the .inf file
Step through the rest of the wizard and you should be set.

The wording of the buttons may vary but should be similar to what you have (I'm running Vista).

lanerebel

Jan 19, 2006
I, too, am using 2.00.1. I'm going to try these steps on one other machine I have that's running Vista. We'll see what happens!

popsi

Jan 6, 2004
Thanks for providing a solution that works on Vista.
Upgraded my Hermes using mtty and RUU, no problems with the driver posted.
:)

Eluzion

Oct 11, 2006
Attached the files for x64 version of vista (taken them from x64 XP).
Drivers are unsigned, so you have to turn off driver signature enforcement in vista. Google how to do this.

And yes, this can be used to upgrade uni to WM6.

That zip file is corrupt. Anyone else know where I can get it?

Also, why do the steps in the first post say to uncheck "Allow USB connections"? When I do that, I can't find it in the device manager.