[APPS][4.0.3+] Stock ICS Launcher, Calendar and Messaging (SMS/MMS) apps!

Search This thread

Timmmmmm

Nov 25, 2009
Due to the total lack of ICS apps in Samsung's release of ICS for the Galaxy S2 I decided to compile some of them myself.

This is a fair bit of work, because the stock Android apps won't compile as SDK apps (i.e. a standard APK that you can upload to the market) because they contain lots of references to private data and APIs. Removing/fixing these references takes a while, and in one case was not possible.

But anyway, I have now finished (more or less) three of these apps!

Calendar: Market, APK

calendar-ss1.png

Launcher: Market, APK

launcher-ss1.png

Messaging: Market, APK

sms-ss1.png

All tested on Galaxy S2 and seem to work.

NB: As in the Apex launcher, the widget-adding experience is not totally correct. This is due to a stupid permissions thing. More details in the market links.

If you like these, consider donating to me! I may do more if anyone actually does... but I remain dubious!

core720

Feb 6, 2012
and-carrying eotorq

Thanks very good job, I will see if I can integrate a rom from the beginning because I had aopks was necessary to have the stock and up install aopk

hrono20

Jan 18, 2012
Gomel
Thank you for your work. It has long sought such a calendar. Built-in does not suit me. I will wait for its development.:)

dixit

Apr 26, 2006
ATL
So I deleted (backed up actually) the stock Galaxy one which is called TouchWizCalendar.apk. The put in this one and works fine.

One question. I have a 3rd party widget that shows the calender events on the home screen. When I click on it, it doesnt open the calendar anymore. Its set to open the default calendar.

Sort of have the same issue if you try to say "View Calendar" from an invite you got on an email, it tries to open what it thought was the original default calendar, but cant, so the phone just vibrates then basically the Email app itself just crashes.

How do I force this 4.0.3 AOSP calendar to be the default one?

Dixit

Last edited:

informatik

Apr 14, 2012
lima
GALAXY s2

el de mensajeria instalo bien pero noce lo que pasa cuando mando un mensaje el receptor recibe dos veces voy a configuracion pero no encuentro el problema que podria ser el problema? porfavor me pueden ayudar

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
So maybe I'm an idiot but I can't figure out how to run the messaging app. After install I still only have one 'Messaging' in my apps list and it's the stock Samsung one....
What am I missing?

Edit: I was an idiot :) Figured it out.
Unfortunately the app both receives and sends duplicate messages, so it's not really useful right now.

Last edited:

driverabra

Mar 6, 2012
original

I read that Samsung release its kernel for ICS
if so, will be possible to compile the source of the original of ICS
add google samsung kernel and thus have
a totally original ICS as is that of google?

TomDeSmet

Apr 23, 2012
I love these apps, but I get a force close when pressing the forward option in the messaging app.

Can you fix this please? I'm on a Samsung galaxy s2 with Android 4.0.3

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

dimgl

May 4, 2012
Miami, FL
I love these apps, but I get a force close when pressing the forward option in the messaging app.

Can you fix this please? I'm on a Samsung galaxy s2 with Android 4.0.3

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

I too am getting a force close when forwarding. I'm trying to get into contact with the developer.

dudinatrix

Feb 6, 2009
Finally! Now that I've got ICS on my Galaxy SII, I can have a more complete feel with your apks. Thanks so much, I can't stand TouchWiz. Any chance at getting the dialer, contacts, and perhaps even call screen available as well?

WunSick

Dec 10, 2009
Denver
I would love to see more of these such a Phone and Contacts, awesome work so far, super happy with a real launcher and real messaging haha.

webjunky

Jun 15, 2009
i agree that the apps/widgets on a samsung poor ,

comeing from a HTC device i must say there's a big differents.
i would love to see the HTC kind of wodgets on a SGS2 without the need of a nother launcher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the total lack of ICS apps in Samsung's release of ICS for the Galaxy S2 I decided to compile some of them myself.

This is a fair bit of work, because the stock Android apps won't compile as SDK apps (i.e. a standard APK that you can upload to the market) because they contain lots of references to private data and APIs. Removing/fixing these references takes a while, and in one case was not possible.

But anyway, I have now finished (more or less) three of these apps!

Calendar: Market, APK

calendar-ss1.png

Launcher: Market, APK

launcher-ss1.png

Messaging: Market, APK

sms-ss1.png

All tested on Galaxy S2 and seem to work.

NB: As in the Apex launcher, the widget-adding experience is not totally correct. This is due to a stupid permissions thing. More details in the market links.

If you like these, consider donating to me! I may do more if anyone actually does... but I remain dubious!
    FYI. The Mms.apk seems to FC when sending or recieving picture messages. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this?

I too am getting this force close when forwarding a message. Also im not sure but i received a picture message and i dont think it was able to download the picture. ill have to test that out. I got ahead of myself and deleted the stock touchwiz messaging app. does anyone have a link for the stock touchwiz mms apk? been trying to look for it but i always get themed ones..

also will this app get updates to fix the current bugs? or will it stay like this, because if it does then ill need a secondary mms app to download picture messages
    thanks!