[OUTDATED] Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7 Update 3r1 (2010-06-26)

Search This thread

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
This version of Darktremor Apps2SD is in limited support phase. New comments need to be posted to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=715116. You will also find a link there to the most recent version.

If you are interested in adding Apps2SD to your rom, check out the Apps2SD Rom Guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7021331&postcount=4
Instructions on how to install Darktremor Apps2SD: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7021325&postcount=2
Check out the changelog and all the people who help make Darktremor Apps2SD: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7021328&postcount=3
Introducing Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7 Update 3r1
Date of Release: June 26, 2010

This is Darktremor Apps2SD, a powerful program that allows a user to execute applications created for the Android OS on their Secure Digital card (with the proper setup...more on that later). But, Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability. The goal is to be able for all users of the Android OS to be able to take advantage of a method to run their applications from a secure digital card.

But just because the Darktremor Apps2SD is all about stability, doesn't mean it isn't packed with features:

- Move applications (both free and paid) to the Secure Digital card.
- Move Dalvik Cache to run either from your Secure Digital card or from your cache partition.
- Activate a swap partition on your SD card.
- Automatically fixes configuration issues.
- Users can check the free space on their SD card and check the installation to make sure all is setup correctly.
- Runs ZipAlign on demand...this makes your programs load faster.
- Allows the user to easily clear the Dalvik Cache without booting into recovery
- Designed with all different phones and roms in mind.
- Built in help system for easy reference of commands.
- All features can also be reversed without repartitioning your Secure Digital card.

Not sure if you should use this program? Take a look at these roms that currently run Darktremor Apps2SD:
Pulse Oscillation Rom (T-Mobile Pulse) - http://android.modaco.com/content/t...daco-com/309811/pulse-2-1-oscillation-rom-r7/
FLB-Mod (T-Mobile Pulse) - http://android.modaco.com/content/t...sed-vanilla-ish-rom-with-tweaks/#entry1303318

Note: T-Mobile Pulse is made by Huawei, which puts this as the first phone outside the HTC phones that Darktremor A2SD works on. There's hope for the Samsung Moment yet.
I'm may have left some off this list. If your rom isn't on this list, send me a PM with the name and location (thread) so I know how to properly catalog it.
That makes 22 different roms across 6 different phones that uses Darktremor Apps2SD. And more roms have been tested and verified to work with Darktremor Apps2SD.

Last edited:

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Works fine coming from 2.5 on dc 2.0.7.2

Suggestion:
/system/bin/a2sd version

It's getting confusing with all the a2sd's out there. Even I get lost sometimes trying to remember what version of a2sd I have on my phone lately. ;)

Notes:
First boot takes forever. I already had dalvik on the SD card...does it move it back to internal and then delete/re-create it on SD or something?

Code:
ls -l /data
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 08:41 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-24 08:36 app-private -> /system/sd/app-private
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-24 08:36 app -> /system/sd/app

As you can see it looks like the dalvik-cache directory was completely recreated (based on timestamps).

It's not a big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Works fine coming from 2.5 on dc 2.0.7.2

Suggestion:
/system/bin/a2sd version

It's getting confusing with all the a2sd's out there. Even I get lost sometimes trying to remember what version of a2sd I have on my phone lately. ;)

Notes:
First boot takes forever. I already had dalvik on the SD card...does it move it back to internal and then delete/re-create it on SD or something?

Code:
ls -l /data
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 08:41 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-24 08:36 app-private -> /system/sd/app-private
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-24 08:36 app -> /system/sd/app
As you can see it looks like the dalvik-cache directory was completely recreated (based on timestamps).

It's not a big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.

Probably had something to do with the flags. I'll check it out.
It appears to be doing that each reboot.
Found the issue. It would reset if the symlinks were active and the flag file was not present. That should be if the symlinks were not active and the flag file was not present. Fixed it.

New file uploaded.

As for a2sd version, I decided to utilize code I already have.

The version number will show up when you start up a2sd.
But, if you type a2sd help, it will display the version number at the top of the help list.

Hopefully, that should help you keep track of the different versions.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Probably had something to do with the flags. I'll check it out.
It appears to be doing that each reboot.
Found the issue. It would reset if the symlinks were active and the flag file was not present. That should be if the symlinks were not active and the flag file was not present. Fixed it.

New file uploaded.

As for a2sd version, I decided to utilize code I already have.

The version number will show up when you start up a2sd.
But, if you type a2sd help, it will display the version number at the top of the help list.

Hopefully, that should help you keep track of the different versions.

Sweet. Thanks :)

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd help

/system/bin/a2sd help

[*] Starting A2SD version 2.6

Just redownloaded and reflashed. Sat on the HTC (white screen) for about 1.5 minutes, then loaded my normal bootscreen.

Still seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time to boot...looks like it's re-doing dalvik again.

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 09:27 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache

Wondering if I should nandroid back and try again?

Edit: Just did a normal reboot and it's the same thing. Sits for a couple minutes on the HTC screen, then re-creates dalvik.

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 09:34 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache

Last edited:

fixxxer2008

Jun 22, 2008
West Michigan
im testing now on pancake 1.5, will report back. seems to be stuck on the very first htc screen is that normal while it moves everything?

edit: it's booting...YES your the man!

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
This is odd...mine's not doing that.

I don't think you have the right a2sd. Download the updated 2.6 (http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6-signed.zip) and flash that one.

The starting line should say now: Darktremor A2SD version 2.6.

Let me know if that fixes your issue.

Sweet. Thanks :)

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd help

/system/bin/a2sd help
Just redownloaded and reflashed. Sat on the HTC (white screen) for about 1.5 minutes, then loaded my normal bootscreen.

Still seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time to boot...looks like it's re-doing dalvik again.

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 09:27 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache
Wondering if I should nandroid back and try again?

Edit: Just did a normal reboot and it's the same thing. Sits for a couple minutes on the HTC screen, then re-creates dalvik.

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx root     root              2010-04-25 09:34 dalvik-cache -> /system/sd/dalvik-cache

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Reactions: prboy1969

DJAscendance

Mar 1, 2010
Daytona
djascendance.com
how do I pull logs from this boot, its still stuck on the htc screen, im tempted to just pull the battery

edit: I plugged it in and adb rebooted and it booted just fine

Last edited:

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
Relfashed it twice, same deal. Gonna nandroid back and try it new.

Nope, no good. I nandroided back (ever have a bad nandroid? Heh) 2 versions ago where I wasn't using a2sd. Installed the latest that you uploaded. I still get:

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd
/system/bin/a2sd
[ ] Searching for Swap Partition
[ ] Swap Partition Found...Turning on swap.
swapon: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3: Device or resource busy
[ ] Searching for Mount Point...
[!] Mount point found..no further action required.
[ ] Checking for ext partition
[!] Ext partition already mounted.
[ ] Moving Dalvik Cache back to SD card.
[ ] Resetting and Moving Dalvik Cache.
[ ] Searching for Data directory on ext partition.
[ ] Searching for Dalvik-cache directory on ext partition
[ ] Searching for App directory on ext partition
[ ] Searching for App-private directory on ext partition
[ ] Removing ODEX files from /system/sd/app
rm failed for /system/sd/app/*.odex, No such file or directory
[ ] Removing ODEX fles from /system/sd/app-private
rm failed for /system/sd/app-private/*.odex, No such file or directory
[*] A2SD installed and active.
[ ] Performing Sync.
[ ] Setting properties (for 1.5 Roms).

and

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd help

/system/bin/a2sd help

Not sure what's up.

Edit:

Also all kinds of force closes. I ran an a2sd remove. Gonna reboot and see what happens. Something went wrong somewhere it looks like.

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
Nope, no good. I nandroided back (ever have a bad nandroid? Heh) 2 versions ago where I wasn't using a2sd. Installed the latest that you uploaded. I still get:

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd/system/bin/a2sd
swapon: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3: Device or resource busy
[!] Ext partition already mounted.
[ ] Moving Dalvik Cache back to SD card.
[ ] Resetting and Moving Dalvik Cache.
rm failed for /system/sd/app/*.odex, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/sd/app-private/*.odex, No such file or directory
[ ] Performing Sync.
and

Code:
# /system/bin/a2sd help

/system/bin/a2sd help
Not sure what's up.

Edit:

Also all kinds of force closes. I ran an a2sd remove. Gonna reboot and see what happens. Something went wrong somewhere it looks like.

Take the zip file out of your SD card. Go download this copy: http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6c-signed.zip

This is what you should be seeing:
Code:
[*] [B]Starting Darktremor A2SD version 2.6[/B] 
[!] Ext partition found. 
[!] Skipping check due to dalvik-cache symbolic link 
[ ] Mounting ext partitions 
[ ] Checking for version 2.5 flag files... 
mkdir: cannot create directory '/system/sd/lost+found': File exists 
rm: cannot remove '/system/sd/app/*.odex': No such file or directory 
rm: cannot remove '/system/sd/app-private/*.odex': No such file or directory 
[ ] Performing Sync. 
/system/bin/sh terminated by exit(0)

I renamed the file so there would be no confusion when you download it (I think you may be downloading it, but it looks like you keep flashing the same file. Renaming it eliminates any current or potential confusion.)

Flash the 2.6c file and run it. If you see the line I bolded, you have the fixed version.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts