Whatsapp audio low on Pixel 2 XL

Search This thread

AmphybiouS

Dec 25, 2010
Pisa
Hi guys, just received the Pixel 2 today.
One question... but the audio messages sent via whatsapp has low volume... its the same to you? How to fix this?

thank you!

cozzeri

Oct 28, 2010
same here!!!! thank god im not the only one.
but it's a whatsapp issues or maybe the microphone is setting to low by default??

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi guys, just received the Pixel 2 today.
One question... but the audio messages sent via whatsapp has low volume... its the same to you? How to fix this?

thank you!

same here!!!! thank god im not the only one.
but it's a whatsapp issues or maybe the microphone is setting to low by default??

same here, also on telegram so maybe all third party apps ...

Yup just experienced it yesterday

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

how did this work out for you?
since i am experiencing the same issue on my device!

i sometimes get distorted audio when listening to another voice message on whatsapp. like there is an interfering frequency.

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
how did this work out for you?
since i am experiencing the same issue on my device!

i sometimes get distorted audio when listening to another voice message on whatsapp. like there is an interfering frequency.
I have major problems with voice call
Maybe they need to update the app and just noticed there is an update lets see if it helps or not:fingers-crossed:

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
did you test with other apps, like facebook, too?

has anyone found a fix yet?

dont understand how there was someone in this thread claiming he wouldnt have the issue.
I don't use fb lol
But in snapchat video audio is not an issue
I guess its whatsapp that is acting up maybe or dp2 fixed the audio during video so i guess it might be fixed as well

Reactions: xflowy

RSMOTO

Jun 15, 2015

dont understand how there was someone in this thread claiming he wouldnt have the issue.

I received a Pixel 2 XL that had the low volume in WhatsApp. The phone worked fine in voice calls (and strangely, Heytell), but WhatsApp and Google Allo voice messages were both recorded at an unusually low volume. I reported it to Google, they said it was an app issue. I reported it to whatsapp, they said it was a phone issue. I received an RMA replacement Pixel 2 XL that behaved in exactly the same manner as the first.

I then ordered a regular Pixel 2, and it does not have this issue. The volume recorded in WhatsApp is normal.

xflowy

Jun 4, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I don't use fb lol
I guess its whatsapp that is acting up maybe or dp2 fixed the audio during video so i guess it might be fixed as well

could you try another app with just voice message?

I received a Pixel 2 XL that had the low volume in WhatsApp. The phone worked fine in voice calls (and strangely, Heytell), but WhatsApp and Google Allo voice messages were both recorded at an unusually low volume. I reported it to Google, they said it was an app issue. I reported it to whatsapp, they said it was a phone issue. I received an RMA replacement Pixel 2 XL that behaved in exactly the same manner as the first.

I then ordered a regular Pixel 2, and it does not have this issue. The volume recorded in WhatsApp is normal.

okay. so its probably a pixel 2 xl thing?

RSMOTO

Jun 15, 2015

I can't say for certain with a sample size of two, but the two I tested had manufacturing dates a month apart. To be audible without the recipient having to enable speakerphone at max volume and hold the speaker to their ear, I have to hold the bottom of the phone very close to my mouth and speak significantly louder than normal. This would seem to be a relatively simple software fix, and Google has been good about pushing out fixes. Without an acknowledgement of the issue and a promised resolution, though, this goes in the negative column with high importance to me and will be enough to sway me to the Pixel 2.

The two Pixel 2 XLs also had displays with noticeably different color temperature, which seemed odd to me. The replacement was much nicer, despite having an earlier manufacture date.

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi

Okay so tested with allo and vol is low
It is certainly a microphone issue
I think in 8.1 dp2 the issue for video recording which was fixed may also be the case for our low volume

So just wait for the update or update to 8.1 dp2 and test
Cheers ?

RSMOTO

Jun 15, 2015
I think in 8.1 dp2 the issue for video recording which was fixed may also be the case for our low volume

Cheers

I don't see any change in volume after updating to 8.1 dp2, sadly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't use fb lol

I can't say for certain with a sample size of two, but the two I tested had manufacturing dates a month apart. To be audible without the recipient having to enable speakerphone at max volume and hold the speaker to their ear, I have to hold the bottom of the phone very close to my mouth and speak significantly louder than normal. This would seem to be a relatively simple software fix, and Google has been good about pushing out fixes. Without an acknowledgement of the issue and a promised resolution, though, this goes in the negative column with high importance to me and will be enough to sway me to the Pixel 2.

The two Pixel 2 XLs also had displays with noticeably different color temperature, which seemed odd to me. The replacement was much nicer, despite having an earlier manufacture date.

Cheers ?

this bug is really getting on my nerves.

how is this not more acknowledged here? are there so few people doing voice messages through messaging apps?

so the way to go is via contacting whatsapp?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/phone-by-google/sS6fJLYymXA/FMx2T2i9AwAJ

here is the thread with google offic. forum. everybody leave their experience there!

wrote whatsapp, too. but i think its a google issue.