28/3/2012[UPDATED][ROOT]Sensation XL permanent root method - V4 ADDED.

Search This thread

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
So is that another version that can't be rooted mate.... If so I need to add it to my thread ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

vnb28

Jan 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So is that another version that can't be rooted mate.... If so I need to add it to my thread ;)

I am not sure if you where asking me, but i believe there is. I thought at first it was just me but i had someone else try it and I they had the same problem.
I have 2.3.5 software number 1.14.709.2
Kerenel Version 2.6.35.13
Baseband 20.5102.30.08u_3822.11.10.23_M
Build Number 1.14.702 CL217236 release-keys

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for letting us know about it... we will try to test it... if its right you might have to downgrade to an earlier build in order to be able to root...

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
There would be no negative because once rooted and when you've put CWM on, you could put a custom rom on your phone. Its just a case of having to put an older version to to be able to root and to be honest there probably isn't that much difference in them at the minute anyway...

But before you do you will have to make sure your bootloader is locked because you will not be able to flash an older RUU without it being locked.

Edit: This may be a silly question, but have you un-installed HTC Sync before you tried to root, because that can affect the rooting process

Last edited:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
There would be no negative because once rooted and when you've put CWM on, you could put a custom rom on your phone. Its just a case of having to put an older version to to be able to root and to be honest there probably isn't that much difference in them at the minute anyway...

But before you do you will have to make sure your bootloader is locked because you will not be able to flash an older RUU without it being locked.

Edit: This may be a silly question, but have you un-installed HTC Sync before you tried to root, because that can affect the rooting process

It's strange that I expect people to know that already lol

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield

francomur99

May 13, 2009
London
One Click Root for Sensation Xe

Hi, is there any One Click Root solution for the Htc Sensation Xe? this solution for the XL is quite interesting but I'm not sure is going to root my Sensation Xe. Does anyone have good news? Thanks
Frank

shingers5

Hi, is there any One Click Root solution for the Htc Sensation Xe? this solution for the XL is quite interesting but I'm not sure is going to root my Sensation Xe. Does anyone have good news? Thanks
Frank

This solution works for multiple handsets. It has successfully rooted xe as well as normal sensation, EVO 3d among others.

MadCobbler

Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
You don't need s-off to make a nandroid backup... There are 2 ways you can do it... but before that you need to make sure you have ClockWorkMod (CWM) installed go here to find out how too http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1362648

You can either can install rom manager and get it to work with our current recovery, or boot into CWM and go down to backup and restore and do it from there...

Reactions: pressytcn

pressytcn

i tryied with rom manager
but when it's about to enter the recovery i get
l
ocked
security warning

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

i got it i used the htc dev method it worked
but thanks anyway

shingers5

i tryied with rom manager
but when it's about to enter the recovery i get
l
ocked
security warning

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

i got it i used the htc dev method it worked
but thanks anyway

Why are you using rom manager? Some function including any to do with recovery are not fully operational. This is because we have no official clockwork mod for xl. It uses the one we have here but may not be able to boot into it. Boot manually into it or use extended tweaks posted before

Sent from my LT15i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** unlocking bootloader from HTCDEV site is highly recommended for a permanent root solution***
    1. enable usb debugging from settings - applications - development
    2. plug phone to pc via usb cable - charge only
    3. open extracted zip folder and click runme. thats all. (if experience any daemon hanging problems pls install htc sync and plug in phone so drivers are installed. once done delete htc sync and repeat root procedure)
    PC will open a cmd screen with prompts that you need to follow. app does rest
    4. After root is complete pls visit market and update SU app. once done root will be fully functional and eliminate any future FCs
    5. Also as an extra tip you can install SU UPDATE fixer from market to update your binaries to 3.0

ALL DONE
    ***************** this isnt my work and i take no credit for it. i tried it and the results were good so i am sharing it. period*****************

****please see anzhi thread for clockwork mod and chinese boot.img and rom needed prior to flashing cappy's rcmix3d rom. files needed are posted by me in his rom thread!****

Update:
    Software version 1.24.709.2 doesn't seem to be rootable via this method. Please try flashing another ruu from runnymede rom thread then attempt root again

28/3/2012
    Added V4 of the Doomlord Exploit as may be why XL was rooted without bootloader being unlocked.

well i relocked my bootloader and flashed ruu 1.05.404 then I used Doolord V4 to root my phone. This was succesful in permanently rooting my phone without unlocking my bootloader. This was not possible with V2 so if anyone wants to root without unlocking bootloader this is now possible using V4 of the Doomlord Exploit attached below. PLEASE NOTE THAT STILL NEED TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS AND RECOVERY
    Root tool in this post for the newer hboot and official updates

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625841
    Nice one, if you dont mind, could you go through the process of getting cwm installed please?

As you know i have been having allsorts of problems

Thanks

Sent from my HTC XL

1) Unlock Bootloader

2) Download .zip attached, Extract recovery_for_1.28.img from the .zip

3) Copy recovery_for_1.28.img to the same folder as fastboot.exe

4) Open a command window (Shift & Right Click)

5 In the command window type in "fastboot flash recovery recovery_for_1.28.img" (without quotes)

6) type "Exit" and disconnect phone

:D
    I have been using Paul O'Brien Mod, and i have had no problem with it up until now, may give the other one a go, but not tonight maybe tomorrow, i have had enough of Flashing and relocking for one day. Lol

Thanks

The old one won't work with the new Hboot. Partition layout has been changed :)
    ive just unlocked my bootloader with the HTCDEV site it worked wonderfully, now how do i go about custom recovery and permaroot

6332539917_945994b36e.jpg