Help me find a daily?

Search This thread

pocii29

Nov 27, 2012
Hey everyone, been lurking mostly and first time posting. I'm not one for having the best newest rom. I am looking for something that can be my daily driver. Currently I'm using cm10.0 12/16 build lol because anything I've ever tried has been really buggy. I'm looking for anything Smoother, reliable and better battery.

Thanks for your help!

jlikes08

Jan 29, 2013
Carbon if you want AOSP
Beans 10 build if you want touchwiz.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I reccommend stock 4.1.2 leak with my MODS ;)
if you want stock touchwiz newest with MODs..

if you want a 4.1.1/4.1.2 AOSP ROM, I personally suggest ParanoidAndroid 2.5.6

and if you want AOSP 4.2 I'd would sugggest BAMF Paradigmn, but that isn't public yet, so my next is Carbon ROM is nice, Slim is great, and Eclipse is awesome if you want a nice dark theme and a great ROM..

I personally use stock kernel on touchwiz, and whatever comes in the ROMs for AOSP.

pocii29

Nov 27, 2012
Thanks for the recommendation guys. I'm not a big fan of touch wiz and much prefer aosp.

What are your opinions on aokp?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Gatanater

Jul 28, 2012
Philadelphia
I personally use Cm10.1 with Imos lean kernel. It is daily worthy but I suggest using the unofficial builds. I have been very happy.

pocii29

Nov 27, 2012
Been using carbon for the day. Loving it so far. Super snappy. Only thing I noticed was 4g drops sometimes between wifi hand off.

I'll be trying eclipse soon

ctsail410

Jun 4, 2012
I personally use Cm10.1 with Imos lean kernel. It is daily worthy but I suggest using the unofficial builds. I have been very happy.

Agreed, I would definitely go with mastamoon's unofficial build, if only for the GPS revert. I prefer lk as well, but the stock kernel has gotten better.

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
What's the battery life on carbon? Or cm10.1 cuz Im always using KT kernel so yeah

Sent from a Beaned up Galaxy

fillyo

Aug 18, 2010
I am using CleanRom 4.5 with Apex Launcher, it has been rock solid, I just can't get myself to switch to any other ROM, everything just works. You get the AOSP look with the TW features I want.

sju1fan

Dec 18, 2012
I am using CleanRom 4.5 with Apex Launcher, it has been rock solid, I just can't get myself to switch to any other ROM, everything just works. You get the AOSP look with the TW features I want.

I honestly think this is your best bet. Though the AOSP roms are snappy and simple, there are still way too many bugs. I'm on CleanRom as well and it's very smooth with virtually no bugs. You can even theme your phone to resemble AOSP while still having the luxury of using all the addons touchwiz has to offer.

Gatanater

Jul 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Agreed, I would definitely go with mastamoon's unofficial build, if only for the GPS revert. I prefer lk as well, but the stock kernel has gotten better.

I've gotten absolutely amazing battery life as well as speed and reliability. There is only one bug and that is a lack of pattern lock which many roms have.

I honestly think this is your best bet. Though the AOSP roms are snappy and simple, there are still way too many bugs. I'm on CleanRom as well and it's very smooth with virtually no bugs. You can even theme your phone to resemble AOSP while still having the luxury of using all the addons touchwiz has to offer.

As I said above this ROM also has virtually no bugs and is very nicely put together. If you do in fact go with clean however, don't put a launcher on it because it ruins the purpose of a custom rom.

ctsail410

Jun 4, 2012
I don't normally use a pattern lock, but I just set one up and it seemed to work fine for me. I am using a CM10.1 unofficial that I've repo-sync'd and built myself this morning. I added a few cherry-picks, but they shouldn't have directly affected that.

mikeman45

Oct 15, 2012
My top 2 favorite ROMs right now are beanstown jellybeans and SYNERGY.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

BattsNotIncld

Oct 25, 2011
My personal favorites are as follows:

AOSP: Carbon or Eclipse
TW: Beans or Synergy

Currently on Carbon with KT747 kernel and perfomance/battery life is out of this world!

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

What bugs? Seriously, what bugs are there that I keep hearing about?

I am running the damn ROM and I don't experience bugs, but if I listened to everyone else I'd swear I did! :p

Gatanater

Jul 28, 2012
Philadelphia
What bugs? Seriously, what bugs are there that I keep hearing about?

I am running the damn ROM and I don't experience bugs, but if I listened to everyone else I'd swear I did! :p

You are so right, I experience none myself but everyone on TW based ROMs or things like carbon think AOSP is very buggy.

jcyoun33

Mar 28, 2012
I've lately been wanting a speedy, stable, and battery lasting rom. If you're looking for that TW is the way to go for that. I'm using Edgehood's delta rom right now and it's been great. Running Lean kernel 1.8. I like AOSP as well, but the lack of stable data connection has kept me off of it.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

You are so right, I experience none myself but everyone on TW based ROMs or things like carbon think AOSP is very buggy.

It's not that buggy at all. It's the stable data connection which is still a little off. It definitely has come a long way. Reason why I'm still on TW for right now.

05Warrior

Mar 5, 2012
Cypress
CleanRom 5.6 with Heinz 57 theme running anthrax kernel is the bomb. They also have a working flashable AOSP MMS in the theme and apps section.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recommend the unofficial CM10.1 builds made by Masta.