[KIT] - Restore Moto X to Stock without RSD Lite

Search This thread

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
Hey all,

Came from the Nexus 4 forums, just recently picked up a VZW Moto X. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1, and RSD Lite doesn't work on it. I wanted to restore to 4.2.2 and then later after rooting, back to 4.4 stock and RSD Lite wouldn't see my phone, but adb and fastboot would. I made a quick script which will restore your Moto X, after of course, downloading the correct firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost_rcica/list.php. This is tested working on VZW and if there is enough interest, I can make more for the T-Mobile and AT&T versions.

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the kit zip. It includes install.bat (the script), mfastboot (found on a file share site, if someone is due credit for this please let me know and I'll update) and adb. with associated files.

2. Download and extract your Moto X firmware.

3. Drop the files from the kit in the file with all the extracted Moto X firmware files.

4. Ensure your phone is backed up, if applicable.

5. Plug your phone in and make sure the drivers are loaded (install Motorola Device Manager if needed).

6. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder with your Moto X firmware files and the files from the kit.

7. Type
and wait for process to complete. Note the system install takes a bit longer than the rest, as it is a big file.

Please feel free to tweak the batch file if you need. Enjoy!

EDIT: This will not work for anything but VZW as of right now as there are some carrier specific commands in there. Anyone need this for a different carrier? I can download the firmware you need it for and make the batch.

Attachments

• ClaroChileInstall.zip
    348 bytes · Views: 564
Last edited:

Kittiesoncrack

Aug 11, 2012
Chicago
This wont work with the Sprint Moto X, right?

Edit: Didnt see the bold text...lol. I know that KitKat is going to be pushed to the Sprint Variant next week so if you could make one then, that'd be great :)

Last edited:

cvhovey

Jan 1, 2010
I'm getting a 404 - Not Found error on the Kit download link.

Last edited:

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
I'm pretty positive it doesn't. All the partitions get wiped and flashed to stock.

Correct, this is a complete wipe and return to stock (or whatever version you download from the site).

Most people will not need this kit. If RSD Lite works on your machine, I would recommend using that as it is widely accepted.

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
Claro Chile Install added. Just drop the file inside the ZIP into the directory with the rest of the files, and run ClaroChileInstall.bat instead of the regular install.bat.

Reactions: b13n

varxx

Oct 6, 2011
I'd be happy to have a version for my TMo DevEd phone. No big rush, but it would be great to have this on hand since I know I'll be restoring to stock at some point soon.

Thank you!

tonyf7

Jul 21, 2012
Hey all,

Came from the Nexus 4 forums, just recently picked up a VZW Moto X. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro with Windows 8.1, and RSD Lite doesn't work on it. I wanted to restore to 4.2.2 and then later after rooting, back to 4.4 stock and RSD Lite wouldn't see my phone, but adb and fastboot would. I made a quick script which will restore your Moto X, after of course, downloading the correct firmware from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost_rcica/list.php. This is tested working on VZW and if there is enough interest, I can make more for the T-Mobile and AT&T versions.

Instructions:

1. Download and extract the kit zip. It includes install.bat (the script), mfastboot (found on a file share site, if someone is due credit for this please let me know and I'll update) and adb. with associated files.

3. Drop the files from the kit in the file with all the extracted Moto X firmware files.

5. Plug your phone in and make sure the drivers are loaded (install Motorola Device Manager if needed).

6. Open CMD prompt and navigate to folder with your Moto X firmware files and the files from the kit.

7. Type and wait for process to complete. Note the system install takes a bit longer than the rest, as it is a big file.

EDIT: This will not work for anything but VZW as of right now as there are some carrier specific commands in there. Anyone need this for a different carrier? I can download the firmware you need it for and make the batch.

Will this work on the Verizon Developer Edition Moto X? I want to unroot and relock the bootloader.

Reactions: jlink38

jlink38

Dec 30, 2010
Not sure. As long as you have the proper ROM, all this does is flash it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Tel9000

Jun 16, 2009
I would like to thank the OP. This worked perfectly. The exchange email part of 4.4 is broken, so I needed to downgrade so I could check email without buying a play store application. Thanks, again.

Hey all,

Instructions:

7. Type and wait for process to complete. Note the system install takes a bit longer than the rest, as it is a big file.

Galaxy Latino

Oct 23, 2012
Claro Puerto Rico

Claro Chile Install added. Just drop the file inside the ZIP into the directory with the rest of the files, and run ClaroChileInstall.bat instead of the regular install.bat.

Can you make it to Claro Puerto Rico?

Android 4.2.2
Blur_Version.139.12.35.ghost_row.AmericaMovil.en.PR > http://sbf.droid-developers.org/download.php?device=0&file=51

Thanks!

Updated
I use the Moto X Install Kit.zip and if works without problem in the Claro Puerto Rico firmware. Thanks a lot!!!

Last edited:

shaneaus

Nov 27, 2007
Austin, Texas
Can you please work on a version for the ATT MotoX? I'll try to look through what you have done and do it manually for myself... But, I've had so many issues with Win8 and have wasted so much time... I don't know if I'll be able to tackle it....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

Instructions:

7. Type
    and wait for process to complete. Note the system install takes a bit longer than the rest, as it is a big file.

Nice!!!!!! And as you said in the EDIT
    Can you provide a file for this carrier?

The 4th link in this list
    http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ghost/list.php

I'll be appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your work.

Sure, I am on a slow internet provider right now so I'll try to get it done by tomorrow. Gotta let it download tonight.
    Hey all,

Instructions:

Will this work on the Verizon Developer Edition Moto X? I want to unroot and relock the bootloader.
    Hey all, so I moved on from the Moto X just after the middle of December. Feel free to tweak the batch file to your choosing to make this work for you. I can't remember how it worked but it shouldn't be too hard to play around with it. Enjoy and sorry for the abrupt exit.