Battery Lifetime Question

Search This thread

ez4nick

Jul 2, 2012
My one x is 2 years old and has been charged at least once per day for the entire 2 years and at this point no matter what rom/combination of disabling wifi/gps/data or other attempt to save battery I use it just doesnt last as long as it did when I first got it and I understand that its normal. What I want to know is if there is a way to see the number of charge cycles on the device (I know this is possible on my laptop but I haven't yet found a way to find it on my phone), and if anyone knows how many charge cycles the battery is supposed to last for. (Or really any measurement that would be able to check if it really is my battery or just the software). I tried to contact HTC but that was a waste of time, according to the representative they only know how long the battery will last in terms of talk time and standby time. He mentioned they could replace it but he couldn't tell me the price.

Also I should mention that never before today have I reset the charging logic of my phone. I'm not sure if that could make a difference but the HTC rep suggested it, and I did it.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Try battery calibration tool on play store

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think it's definitely your battery. The official word from HTC is that the battery should perform well for two years, they make no mention of the number of charge cycles though. I don't believe there's an app that can retrospectively tell you how many charge cycles the battery has experienced anyway. Out of interest, how did the HTC rep tell you how to reset the charging logic? And exactly how is your battery performing now? My device is two years old and I think install I may have lost about 10% total capacity?

Sent from my Evita

ez4nick

Jul 2, 2012
I think it's definitely your battery. The official word from HTC is that the battery should perform well for two years, they make no mention of the number of charge cycles though. I don't believe there's an app that can retrospectively tell you how many charge cycles the battery has experienced anyway. Out of interest, how did the HTC rep tell you how to reset the charging logic? And exactly how is your battery performing now? My device is two years old and I think install I may have lost about 10% total capacity?

Sent from my Evita

I was instructed to reset the charging logic by powering off, plugging in the phone and holding down volume up, down and power all at the same time for a full 2 min. Apparently it is successful if the phone automatically reboots after holding the buttons down and it did, so it was apparently successful. In the few hours since resetting the charging logic I haven't noticed any big differences. I'll have to see after a few days of use if it is any different.

Reactions: Heisenberg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Evita

I was instructed to reset the charging logic by powering off, plugging in the phone and holding down volume up, down and power all at the same time for a full 2 min. Apparently it is successful if the phone automatically reboots after holding the buttons down and it did, so it was apparently successful. In the few hours since resetting the charging logic I haven't noticed any big differences. I'll have to see after a few days of use if it is any different.