[Q] Device is NOT bigPart partitioned

Search This thread

xoom1425

Feb 20, 2014
hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me with this
I am trying to install KitKat on my xoom M600 but I keep getting 'Device NOT bigpart partitioned...' and therefore failed to install
I have followed the steps in BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center, but still getting them same message
what I am i doing wrong and is there something wrong with the bigpart image that i have ?
your help will be greatly appreciated

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
hi everyone
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me with this
I am trying to install KitKat on my xoom M600 but I keep getting 'Device NOT bigpart partitioned...' and therefore failed to install
I have followed the steps in BigPart Repartition Upgrade and Resource Center, but still getting them same message
what I am i doing wrong and is there something wrong with the bigpart image that i have ?
your help will be greatly appreciated

What model is your Xoom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

oompalumpa2008

Mar 13, 2010
thanks for replying
my model is the m600 verizon, but i got it solved
turns out that i had the wrong bigpart file
i got the correct file from dev-host and i am now up and running

Hi. I am having the same problem. When I install bigpart partition it says successful. but when I try and install kitkat. I still get device is not bigpartitioned error message.

I also tried dev-host bigpart installation file first and then when i try the kitkat install it still says I am not bigpart partitioned.

Any ideas?

jack-black

Jun 10, 2014
Well, my first bricked tablet I guess.. Followed this guide djsmobiles.com/2014/02/how-to-perform-bigpart-repartition-upgrade-on-your-motorola-xoom.html but after I complete partitioning wingray install fails. I have got these:

recovery.twrp.2.7.0.0.bigPart.img.zip
gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
omni-4.4.2-latest-wingray-HOMEMADE.zip

Now I can't boot into my system and I can't install either because installer says that my device is not bigPart partitioned, even though I followed every step of the guide.. Help! :(

Last edited:

jack-black

Jun 10, 2014
Well, my first bricked tablet I guess.. Followed this guide djsmobiles.com/2014/02/how-to-perform-bigpart-repartition-upgrade-on-your-motorola-xoom.html but after I complete partitioning wingray install fails. I have got these:

recovery.twrp.2.7.0.0.bigPart.img.zip
gapps-wingray-kk-20131223.zip
omni-4.4.2-latest-wingray-HOMEMADE.zip

Now I can't boot into my system and I can't install either because installer says that my device is not bigPart partitioned, even though I followed every step of the guide.. Help! :(

lol, forgot to flash the bigPart version of twrp! Now all is good