look for the line
#Pressure
touch.pressure.scale=0.2

I changed to 0.1, save and close,

Secondly go to System\usr\idc and open file clearpad.idc

look for the line touch.filter.level = 2

I changed the level = 2 to level = 4
Reboot and enjoy.

My touchscreen now works flawlessly and I hope this fix works for others please test and report back your findings.
Remember to hit thanks if I helped you in any way.

You can try other settings, You can change the 4 , from 1-7 1 being most sensitive, not always best and 7 being the least. Each device will be different and vary in results. I wouldn't recommend going to 7 though as your touchscreen might become unresponsive.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck.

Last edited:

Banwell13

Account currently disabled
Nov 12, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
What Rom and Kernel are you on

After trying to edit the file it refuses to save. I have tried 2 different file managers now, Is it read only or something?

What Rom and Kernel are you on, I think some 4.3 ROMs still have an issue with the system being read only, I'm by no means a dev and you would need to read about this on whatever ROM you have thread, once you gain access to system being read, write you will have no issue saving.

Reactions: ArashMiniStar

Banwell13

Account currently disabled
Nov 12, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Try other settings

I did that and I think it's a bit better now...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

You can try other settings, You can change the 4 , from 1-7 1 being most sensitive, not always best and 7 being the least. Each device will be different and vary in results. I wouldn't recommend going to 7 though as your touchscreen might become unresponsive.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck. ;)

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
After trying to edit the file it refuses to save. I have tried 2 different file managers now, Is it read only or something?

I'm sorry I'm really not sure why it's like that, as other post said depending on your ROM, it's best to contact the developer who made it. If you're using stock, then reply to me and I'll try and help further :)

Dark-Skript

Jan 1, 2014
I'm sorry I'm really not sure why it's like that, as other post said depending on your ROM, it's best to contact the developer who made it. If you're using stock, then reply to me and I'll try and help further :)

Well i thought id give CyanogenMod a shot, but bricked my phone haha.. I did not mind if the camera was not working as long as I could use the rest of the things.. Anyway whats happened is the Screen backlight is on but its on a grey screen

I can't turn the phone off to enter recovery mode either.

TagEHeuer

Dec 25, 2013
Bristol
Well i thought id give CyanogenMod a shot, but bricked my phone haha.. I did not mind if the camera was not working as long as I could use the rest of the things.. Anyway whats happened is the Screen backlight is on but its on a grey screen

Try pressing and holding power button and volume up until it vibrates 3 times, after you've rebooted the phone.

If that doesn't work:

Best thing to do is link it up to PCCompanion and reset the phone to all it's factory settings. Try that?

Edit, best we talk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49018376#post49018376

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark-Skript

brokich

Jan 23, 2014
Hello guys! I came here to show you this video:

[Search Youtube for XPERIA Z1 タッチ切れ再現法 The method of reproduce] Sorry, new users can't post links it seems. But please check the video out.

I wanted to ask if any of you could give a reasonable explanation of it. If this is a software issue - how could it be reproduced in such a manner, by touching the metal frame of the phone? The video shows it pretty well. I also managed to reproduce the bug like this on my Z1. It has been in service for about 20 days now. I am worried that they might just 'mask' a hardware issue with software filtering. My initial assumption is that this is due to bad grounding? Why else would human contact trigger it? You can see it can be reproduced on-demand like this.

Thanks for reading! I hope someone can explain it.

Last edited:

水攸月羽

Jan 5, 2012
Actually,you don't have to touch the metal frame!
Just put Z1 on a desk,wait for 30 seconds,touch screen and the bug will happen !

brapicoco

May 29, 2011

video demonstrates that a touch is being registered when touching the frame. It's kinda weird since why did the screen reacted to the touched frame. I have done that also and it's the same with me. But even after touching the frame and screen registered the touch, still screen fails to produce a continuous touch.

Sometimes it produces phantom touches which can be the cause of the random zooming and highlighting when browsing

Also tried changing the touch filter and failed to save. I think it needs root access

Last edited:

RISHI RAJ

Mar 2, 2012
New Delhi
Xiaomi Poco F3
Im also facing such issue like I touched in sketch app & locked phone with other finger.Unlocked it while keeping the finger at same spot,then scolling the finger missed the touch
Also after playing GTA SA for about 30 min the touch sometimes stop responding.Any solutions
I tried above method but nothing works.I don't want to give this phone as I got it in replacement regarding yellow hue issue.
One issue after another emerges :mad:

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
Im also facing such issue like I touched in sketch app & locked phone with other finger.Unlocked it while keeping the finger at same spot,then scolling the finger missed the touch
Also after playing GTA SA for about 30 min the touch sometimes stop responding.Any solutions
I tried above method but nothing works.I don't want to give this phone as I got it in replacement regarding yellow hue issue.
One issue after another emerges :mad:

Sent from my C6902 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This is really a widespread problem across the globe. even Z1s owners are plagued by this problem and most likely even the z1 compact.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
@Banwell13 I've not tried this as my touchscreen problem seems to have fixed itself? Strange.

But i'll definitely be keeping this thread in mind if it re-occurs.

Thanks for your efforts m8, appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Actually,you don't have to touch the metal frame!
Just put Z1 on a desk,wait for 30 seconds,touch screen and the bug will happen !

Think what he ment was if you hold the frame then the issue doesn't occur, well that's what happens on mine at least, putting it down on a desk usually makes the bug show it's face. Holding the frame fixes it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to System\usr\idc and open file clear_ped.idc with a text editor

look for the line
    #Pressure
    touch.pressure.scale=0.2

I changed to 0.1, save and close,

Secondly go to System\usr\idc and open file clearpad.idc

look for the line touch.filter.level = 2

I changed the level = 2 to level = 4
    Reboot and enjoy.

My touchscreen now works flawlessly and I hope this fix works for others please test and report back your findings.
    Remember to hit thanks if I helped you in any way.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck.
    How would I do this? I got a rooted xperia z1 but not sure what to do next.

Cheers

You need a file manager such as Astro Manager, then just follow the instructions given here... go to System\usr\idc in the file manager.
    What Rom and Kernel are you on

What Rom and Kernel are you on, I think some 4.3 ROMs still have an issue with the system being read only, I'm by no means a dev and you would need to read about this on whatever ROM you have thread, once you gain access to system being read, write you will have no issue saving.

Try pressing and holding power button and volume up until it vibrates 3 times, after you've rebooted the phone.

If that doesn't work:

Best thing to do is link it up to PCCompanion and reset the phone to all it's factory settings. Try that?

Edit, best we talk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49018376#post49018376
    Okay sry Boss that I try to help someone.
    When I will post anything I will ask you if it right :mad:

Sent from awesome Z1