2 Device problems i noticed on my phone.

Search This thread

flipmodegr

May 3, 2011
First 1,gps needs around 10 mins in clear sky to lock my position , with gps fix(from the market) it takes 5-20 seconds.
Second and most important,all the people that i talk with cant hear my voice clear,i hear them clear tho,there is a really low pitch sound in the background when noone talking even on the road with full bars,i tryed 2g and 3g networks, i even tryed calling my phone from someone else phone and i couldnt hear his voice clear,when i used the headphones my callers heard my voice crystal clear.
I am thinking of taking my phone for replacement in the next 3 houers so i really apriceate any fast feedback especially for the second problem.

VolkerB

Mar 29, 2011
Ilvesheim
GPS fix is usually very quick on my X5 with data connection on, usually under 30 sec.
I've had one or two instances where a geocaching app wouldn't get a fix in 5 or 10 min. A reboot solved that every time.

As for the sound problem: sounds like your microphone is defect. No such problem on my phone...

Reactions: flipmodegr

sanpsa

Oct 14, 2010
1. You need to enable gps xtra for faster lock, in the same menu where you enable gps.

2. Some say that B160 rom creatly improves call quality, id try that from. Look from the dev section.

Reactions: flipmodegr

flipmodegr

May 3, 2011
anyway,i got it back at the shop for a replacement i ll have a new in 4-5 days ,but im a bit woried if it will be defective again as there are some known problems like gps,wifi,light bleeding,burned pixels,flash player random reboots and i think i ve got 60-70% chance of geting a working one :)

HF2k

May 14, 2011
I have a similar problem...
When people call me they tell me that my voice is very low. This changes when i hold the phone in front of my face, then it becomes better. But it is only good when I switch to the loudspeaker mode. Then you hear my voice clearly. Is it possible that this phone has a certain voice activation level and that this is set too critical?
And if it is so, can I set this threshold value anywhere?:confused:
edit: And can I edit the volume of the microphone itself too?

Last edited:

the red krawler

Jul 15, 2010
I find that if I have the phone tucked between my ear and shoulder (like you do when you are using both hands for something but still want to talk on the phone), noone can hear me at all.

But if using it "normally" (ie: by holding it to my ear with my hand) it works fine.

Does this device have a noise cancelling mic that is affecting things when the entire back panel is covered or something?

Tcm9669

Apr 2, 2007
True about GPS, just need to enable the option sanpsa said.
Mic, never had a problem so far.. touch wood.

Cephalus

Oct 17, 2008
Sydney
Notwithstanding the fact that flipmodegr's microphone was obviously faulty, something to consider when others say they're having difficulty hearing you is the noise-cancellation microphone.

I suspect that those who're having problems might be covering or scraping the second microphone hole, or have a cover of some sort over it.

I haven't encountered the problem at all, but I'd be interested in knowing if those of you who have (outbound) audio problems are using any sort of cover on the 'phone while you're actually using it.

Poulsen8r

Mar 19, 2011
Notwithstanding the fact that flipmodegr's microphone was obviously faulty, something to consider when others say they're having difficulty hearing you is the noise-cancellation microphone.

I suspect that those who're having problems might be covering or scraping the second microphone hole, or have a cover of some sort over it.

I haven't encountered the problem at all, but I'd be interested in knowing if those of you who have (outbound) audio problems are using any sort of cover on the 'phone while you're actually using it.

I'm pretty sure it's not a noise cancelling mic. It's just a directional mic for use when recording video.

flipmodegr

May 3, 2011

well,i never covered the hole of the second mic i have even tryed touched the phone from the side with 2 fingers in each side,tryed every holding position and i was also carefoul to dont touch any holes or the main body of the device,also no phone case was used

caffynz

Dec 6, 2012
1. You need to enable gps xtra for faster lock, in the same menu where you enable gps.

2. Some say that B160 rom creatly improves call quality, id try that from. Look from the dev section.

I unfortunately don't have the option for xtra GPS - I only see Use GPS Satellites, and beneath that is GPS Source (which gives me only one option - Use internal GPS)

I am on Gingerbread - CyanogenMod 7.2.0.

Can you or someone else suggest a way to get around this problem? I am trying geocaching and the lack of GPS fix is really frustrating!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GPS fix is usually very quick on my X5 with data connection on, usually under 30 sec.
    I've had one or two instances where a geocaching app wouldn't get a fix in 5 or 10 min. A reboot solved that every time.

As for the sound problem: sounds like your microphone is defect. No such problem on my phone...