Request: Get VS980 with 24A to work on T-Mobile

Search This thread

ddarvish

Dec 20, 2009
I am trying to figure out the right combination of files to flash in order to get the vs980 to work on tmobile, pref with android 4.4.2 since both phones are now updated to that version of android if you can provide any instructions of help that would be really awesome. If you have your phone running on tmob would you mind also answering the few questions below?

are you using a Verizon or Tmobile: Rom, Modem, Recovery, Kernel? I want to experiment but dont want to hose my phone and want to know specifically what part is the key in getting this to work on tmob

juanzr1

Mar 16, 2011
Just put your Sim card in , it's an unlocked phone , set up T-Mobile APN to use T-Mobile internet. Switch to global mode for 4glte. I'm currently on T-Mobile stock 4.4.2

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

ffdparker

Jun 14, 2014
Just put your Sim card in , it's an unlocked phone , set up T-Mobile APN to use T-Mobile internet. Switch to global mode for 4glte. I'm currently on T-Mobile stock 4.4.2

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Just putting APN from the T-Mobile site didn't solve my LTE problems. Haven't been able to use the net at all with just putting the card in. I am in Global mode. Could someone post proper APN info for the T-Mobile service?

dtowle

Jun 29, 2014
lg g2 vs980 on tmobile

Just putting APN from the T-Mobile site didn't solve my LTE problems. Haven't been able to use the net at all with just putting the card in. I am in Global mode. Could someone post proper APN info for the T-Mobile service?

I have vs980 and had a hard time getting T-Mobile to work properly on 24a.. Now I'm on newest omni ROM 4.4.4 and flashed 12b radio and get LTE,and 3g and edge..but it didn't work until I flashed 12b modem, which is really odd because It worked on straight talk with T-Mobile network, .

lankyboy29

Dec 21, 2012
baton rouge

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-04-14-31-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-04-14-31-13.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 755

fugazzi69

Mar 2, 2009
I have the verizon lg g2 on stock 4.4.2 rom, the 24A update with a t-mobile sim inserted. The first thing the phone will do is automatically switch to global mode. You'll have to go into networking settings>mobile networks and add the t-mobile lte apn settings, fast.t-mobile.com:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
Bearer: Unspecified

hit menu and then save. I currently am on stock rom, not rooted and getting 4g lte from the t-mobile sim in the suburbs of L.A., 15mbs-30mbs depending on where I am in the city.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-08-10-39-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-08-10-39-24.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_2014-08-08-10-39-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-08-10-39-41.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 316

tacoj0e

Aug 9, 2014
I have the verizon lg g2 on stock 4.4.2 rom, the 24A update with a t-mobile sim inserted. The first thing the phone will do is automatically switch to global mode. You'll have to go into networking settings>mobile networks and add the t-mobile lte apn settings, fast.t-mobilom:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE
APN: fast.t-mobilom
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC:
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APN's>
Bearer: Unspecified

hit menu and then save. I currently am on stock rom, not rooted and getting 4g lte from the t-mobile sim in the suburbs of L.A., 15mbs-30mbs depending on where I am in the city.

Hey fugazzi, I tried the new APN and changed global and it still says 3g/HSPA+. Is there anything else I need to do? I also get the sim card ? mark icon in the notification.

Hey lankyboy, what option did you end up selecting for cloudstock install?

Thanks.

fugazzi69

Mar 2, 2009
Hey fugazzi, I tried the new APN and changed global and it still says 3g/HSPA+. Is there anything else I need to do? I also get the sim card ? mark icon in the notification.

Thanks.

on your network type, is it now showing T-Mobile? under mobile networks>network type and strength, you can do an automatic network search and then choose t-mobile when it appears. also, check and see if your area has 4g/lte support, the verizon lg g2 only has the 2100 lte band in common with t-mobile and not the 1700 band.

tacoj0e

Aug 9, 2014
on your network type, is it now showing T-Mobile? under mobile networks>network type and strength, you can do an automatic network search and then choose t-mobile when it appears. also, check and see if your area has 4g/lte support, the verizon lg g2 only has the 2100 lte band in common with t-mobile and not the 1700 band.

It says t-mobile in the lock screen but under network type and strength it just says 3g-75dBm. Also, in this screen I can't select anything or go to any menu. I'm in Oakland, CA so I assumed I have lte. I read an article saying my city is refarmed 1900 to HSPA+. I guess that's supposed to be 4g and not lte?

How'd you get that ? mark icon in the notification to go away?

Thanks.

fugazzi69

Mar 2, 2009
It says t-mobile in the lock screen but under network type and strength it just says 3g-75dBm. Also, in this screen I can't select anything or go to any menu. I'm in Oakland, CA so I assumed I have lte. I read an article saying my city is refarmed 1900 to HSPA+. I guess that's supposed to be 4g and not lte?

How'd you get that ? mark icon in the notification to go away?

Thanks.

as far as I know, the 1700/2100 bands are the lte's, it looks like your area is H+ at best running the 1900 band. I could be wrong, but double check with T-mobile to make sure.

here's the info from t-mobile, http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-4988

which ? mark do you mean?

Last edited:

vizion98

Dec 30, 2013
Dayton
5462feb3b359c4f65a297d7d8a0b145a.jpg
bringing a dead thread back to life because I'm happy. I live in Tipp City, Ohio, by no means a big city like LA and I am getting everything. LTE, H+, 3G, call and text. Paranoid Android 4.4.4 beta 5. Works like a charm.

androidreviewguy

Oct 29, 2014
Hey guys so I am on tmobile on the vs980 and I would like to flash a custom Rom but I had to downgrade the phone with LG flash tools to get data to work on the phone. I am fairly knowledgeable when it comes to flashing roms and such but when I use the autorec app and flash twrp and then flash a Rom like say cm11 or color is 4.2.2 it will eaithier bootloop or show the LG symbol and then go to a black screen any help would be great thanks

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app